Mouse problems

Montana

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 12:50 pm
Heeven I agree with the others in saying that I think the animal who died under your floor boards was bigger than a mouse. I can't see a mouse having that much of a stench.
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 01:19 pm
mac11 wrote:
I love it, but Raggedy gets the creeps just thinking about that movie! Very Happy

Mac and Montana: It wasn't seeing the mice, it was seeing what they did with them in that movie. Ugh!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 01:25 pm
I can imagine Shocked
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 01:59 pm
I know this is old but still relevant (funny):

Mouse balls are now available as FRU (Field Replacement Unit).

Therefore if a mouse fails to operate or should it perform erratically, it may need a ball replacement. Because of the delicate nature of this procedure, replacement of mouse balls should only be attempted by properly trained personnel.
Before proceeding, determine the type of mouse balls by examining the underside of the mouse. Domestic balls will be larger and harder than foreign balls.

Ball removal procedures differ depending upon the manufacturer of the mouse.

Foreign balls can be replaced using the pop-off method.

Domestic balls are replaced by using the twist-off method.

Mouse balls are not usually static-sensitive. However, excessive handling can result in sudden discharge.

Upon completion of ball replacement, the mouse may be used immediately. It is recommended each replacer have a pair of spare balls for maintaining optimum customer satisfaction.

Any customer missing his balls should contact the local personnel in charge of removing and replacing these necessary items.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 02:02 pm
hahahaha!!! That's a riot!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 03:56 pm
Getting back to Never Cry Wolf: I read that book several years ago and found it to be very entertaining. As always, after I read a book like that, I do a little research on the background. Turns out the writer, Farley Mowatt, (I think that was his name) made a lot of stuff up in the book. Apparently he wasn't in the region nearly as long as he claimed to be and much of what he wrote was pure conjecture. His reputation was tarnished, to say the least. Publicly vilified and the object of derision by quite a few scholars, if I recall correctly. But the book is still entertaining and the movie was good as well.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2003 03:23 am
That's interesting news Gus. Thanks for the heads up ;-)
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2003 09:07 am
Heeven wrote:
I had a mouse die under the floorboards. I couldn't find the sucker after pulling up the floor and figured he must have died between the wall and the next home. The stench was digusting and lasted for months even with the landlord spraying and disinfecting and trying to find the source. That is why, after the landlord sent a pest control company out, that I threw out their glue traps (which are rubbish - I'm not going to touch those to dispose of them and it's dreadfully cruel on the mice) and the poison they set out. I bought my own covered snap traps and filled in all the holes in my home so that the mice could not get back in once I had caught the ones that were already in. Even now, when I am falling asleep in bed, I pounce at the slighted noise that could be a mouse scrabbling against the baseboard - and that was ages ago that I had a problem.

The exact same thing happens to me! I was standing in the corner of my kitchen, cooking, when one bit me on the toe (i had unknowingly cornered it with my foot between cabinets). Now I will not go near there in bare feet! Once I heard little mouse noises and went with a wastebasket to catch it, turned out to be a beetle. I pay $600/month for my share of the apt. (1200/month total) which is ridiculously high (It's standard for on campus) and it's really run down.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 08:49 pm
Hey there Montanta,

Found the perfect mouse repeller for you and it doesn't cost all that much. Smile

http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/front/airzooka.jpg

ThinkGeek Airzooka

Launch A Full Air Assault - Without Ever Leaving The Ground!

Airzooka is the 'fun gun' that blows a harmless ball of air towards any object, person (or animal!). The airball will travel up to thirty feet and beyond...

Cackle with amusement as, seemingly from nowhere, you are able to mess up a person's hair, ruffle their shirt, dress, or TPS reports from a distance, or just plain blow 'em away!.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 09:20 pm
LOL Butrfly. That's one heck of a contraption ;-)
0 Replies