Mouse problems

littlek

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 08:34 am
dagmaraka wrote:
We had mice two years ago and also used the box traps. ..... We released them into the frontyard of John Silber's house (then President of Boston University) - he got at least good 20 of them from us, unless some of them were recycled.

HAHAHAHA! That jerk deserves them all!

Montana have you done an online search?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 08:36 am
One of my mothers friends has them and says they work, but I'm a bit of a sceptic about that stuff and since they're not cheap, I don't want to invest in a bunch of them without knowing if they truly work. We have a big house so we'd need quite a few of them. Thanks for the advice Gautam. I think I'm gonna look into it anyway.

What would I put into a search engine for something like that?
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 08:37 am
If u get them, just make sure that you dont have any ear muffs lying arnd !
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 08:38 am
oooh, those devices make me scream. i may have something wrong with my ears but i hear them alright. neighbors of my BF's mom had it and whenever we visited i could not sleep, it made me want to die or better yet the inventor of that torture device to die a painful slow death. i would play high pitched noises into his ear all the while. there.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 08:38 am
Littlek
I'm going to do a search now, but I'm trying to thing of what to put into a search engine.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 08:39 am
Here's one:

http://www.pest-control-supplies.com/bugfighter.htm
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 08:41 am
Thanks Mac ;-)

Dag
Since they're coming in through the basement somewhere, I wonder if it would work just to have them down there.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 08:44 am
Or plug the hole they are coming through. I will surely not spend time in your basement then, if you don't mind. My upstairs neighbor and her violin would surely do the trick also, she is up for grabs if you want her!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 08:45 am
The new housemate moved in and assumed we were going to get mice (we never have had them before) so she bought some of the high frequency thingies. I don't notice them, but the cat did. Poor little guy. We removed all except the one in the pantry where he doesn't need to go anyway. BUT, I can't tell you if they work because I don't think we'd have mice here anyway. They certainly made my cat want to go away.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 08:51 am
dagmaraka wrote:
Or plug the hole they are coming through. I will surely not spend time in your basement then, if you don't mind. My upstairs neighbor and her violin would surely do the trick also, she is up for grabs if you want her!

Hahaha. Thanks anyway Dag, but my head is very sensative to noise, so that wouldn't work. You have my deepest sympathy.

Littlek
Thanks for the info. I can only assume that if it bothered the cat that it works just fine.

Mac
I checked that site and it looks pretty good. The thing is suppose to work on bugs too, so that's even better. Thanks again. I think we're going to try that because I just ain't no killer.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 08:53 am
Montana wrote:

Mac
I checked that site and it looks pretty good. The thing is suppose to work on bugs too, so that's even better. Thanks again. I think we're going to try that because I just ain't no killer.

And dont forget - that suggestion came from yr friendly neighbourhood banker....

I knew we had some uses, besides screwing up other people's happiness....

Like screwing the happiness of mice in Montana's house Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 08:53 am
How big an area is 2,500 square feet? Anyone know?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 08:54 am
yup, it's exactly twice the size of my current appartment, dang it. am i being most helpful?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 08:55 am
Thanks so much Gautam. You big, strong, sweet, rodent buster you ;-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 08:57 am
dagmaraka wrote:
yup, it's exactly twice the size of my current appartment, dang it. am i being most helpful?

LOL! Yes, you are so helpful :-)
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 09:02 am
Montana wrote:
How big an area is 2,500 square feet? Anyone know?

50 feet by 50 feet

or

25 feet by 100 feet

or

10 feet by 250 feet

etc.

(edited due to math idiocy)
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 09:04 am
Could be 1 feet by 2500 feet as well...

Though am not sure 10 feet by 25 feet will give you 2500 sq feet Twisted Evil
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 09:05 am
thanx, Gautam! I can count on you to watch out for accounting errors! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 09:07 am
mac11 wrote:
thanx, Gautam! I can count on you to watch out for accounting errors! Rolling Eyes

Anytime ma'm anytime...

Always at yr service !! Wink
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 09:09 am
Thanks. That thing is pretty cool. It also sends some kind of sound through the wiring, so it will also take care of anything lurking in the walls. I just hope that if I put one in the basement that all the spiders don't come upstairs. I may not be afraid of mice, but spiders horrify me.

Dag
You mentioned before that I should seal the area where they're coming in, but I have no clue as to how they're doing it. I looked everywhere and can't find a single opening.
0 Replies