Montana

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 12:28 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Ever seen Never Cry Wolf?

I might have. I'm not sure.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 12:31 pm
Quick version: Guy is sent to study wolves and why the carribou herds are thinning. Turns out there are no carribou at all (they migrate) and the wolves are eating mice. He decides to do an experiment to prove his theory that a large carnivore can exist solely on mice (and large quanties of beer).
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 12:33 pm
Very interesting.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 12:35 pm
Worth a rent. Great movie, great sound, beautiful scenery.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 12:37 pm
I'll keep that in mind. When was the movie made?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 12:39 pm

IMDb page on Never Cry Wolf

Don't watch it if mice give you the willies! Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 12:43 pm
Mice don't give me the willies at all. I just have a problem bring myself to kill them. Thanks Mac. Looks like it would be a good movie.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 01:07 pm
I love it, but Raggedy gets the creeps just thinking about that movie! Very Happy
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 09:34 am
I had a mouse die under the floorboards. I couldn't find the sucker after pulling up the floor and figured he must have died between the wall and the next home. The stench was digusting and lasted for months even with the landlord spraying and disinfecting and trying to find the source. That is why, after the landlord sent a pest control company out, that I threw out their glue traps (which are rubbish - I'm not going to touch those to dispose of them and it's dreadfully cruel on the mice) and the poison they set out. I bought my own covered snap traps and filled in all the holes in my home so that the mice could not get back in once I had caught the ones that were already in. Even now, when I am falling asleep in bed, I pounce at the slighted noise that could be a mouse scrabbling against the baseboard - and that was ages ago that I had a problem.
0 Replies

Olen

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 10:39 am
Heeven: You certainly have had problems with mice. It might be that you are a little more concerned about them than you should be. They are relatively harmless little creatures. All they are after is food. When I moved into my present house ten years ago, there were mice living here. I set spring traps and caught eight. After that we have been very careful to keep any mouse edibles, cleaned up. That includes the kitchen area, dog and cat food storage and feeding areas. We haven't had mice since we got rid of the original eight critters. Don't worry about mouse noises, the mice won't harm you in any way. Just deprive them food or shelter, or both, and everything will ge ok.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 10:57 am
Heeven, I bet that was something bigger than a mouse if the stench lasted that long. Probably a rat, squirrel, or even a small opossum.
0 Replies

mac11

The smell that lasted for months may have come from something bigger than a mouse. Shocked We once had a dead raccoon...now there's a smell.
0 Replies

mac11

lol cj!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 10:58 am
Mac, great minds think (and post) alike. Smile
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 11:27 am
Beware of giant mice.

http://www.joybus.net/camarc/cw_mouse.jpg
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 11:30 am
Yes, I'm squeamish of little critters - mice, spiders, anything.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 11:33 am
"Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes?"
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 11:36 am
Actually big snakes I don't mind - it's the little ones that creep me out.

I guess size DOES matter to me!!!! Embarrassed
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 12:48 pm
Olen wrote:
Heeven: You certainly have had problems with mice. It might be that you are a little more concerned about them than you should be. They are relatively harmless little creatures. All they are after is food. When I moved into my present house ten years ago, there were mice living here. I set spring traps and caught eight. After that we have been very careful to keep any mouse edibles, cleaned up. That includes the kitchen area, dog and cat food storage and feeding areas. We haven't had mice since we got rid of the original eight critters. Don't worry about mouse noises, the mice won't harm you in any way. Just deprive them food or shelter, or both, and everything will ge ok.

Actually, they are not quite that harmless. Mice love to chew on things including wires which can be quite a hazard. Also, I did some research on the mice we have and found out that they are deer mice who can cause problems for people who have asthma which is everyone in my house. I personally am not afraid of them at all, but they can't live here.
0 Replies