Do you have the time to have an extramarital affair?

chai2

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2008 07:55 pm
I sure don't.

Even if I did, I wouldn't have the energy.

****, even when I was in my 20's and single, I wouldn't have been able to arrange my life to even cheat on my boyfriend.

Oh, I had a one night stand one time, but that was it.

In fact, the guy was a friend of his. I couldn't even bother to go out looking for a person I didn't know already.

What are all these married people doing that they can get away for such a significant amount of time to have another relationship?

I come home, I'm hungry. I eat dinner, then I just wanna relax.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 1,788 • Replies: 19
No top replies

martybarker

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2008 08:01 pm
@chai2,
My ex sure found the time. I worked full-time plus overtime, cleaned house, raised 2 kids, paid the bills and he got to play. I was too exhausted to notice that he started to travel with his job more.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2008 08:01 pm
@chai2,
cheezits, I don't have time for a relationship, let alone two...
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2008 08:02 pm
@chai2,
Only in small towns. Nobody could work eight hours a day and spend another hour to three hours a day in traffic like people do around D.C. and have affairs.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2008 08:20 pm
@martybarker,
Yeah, if you traveled for your job, I guess you could tell your spouse you were going to be out of town one extra night here and there.

So, how did you figure it out marty?

hey, wait a minute. if you had stayed home like a good wife and let him be in charge, I'll bet he wouldn't have had to find comfort in the arms of someone who "understood him"

just kidding, just kidding.
chai2

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2008 08:26 pm
@chai2,
oh, another thing....

wouldn't having an affair (for a woman at least) mean having to shave your legs more often?

God, I mean that in itself would make Wally suspect something.

If I had time to shave my legs more often, I REALLY wouldn't have time for an affair.
martybarker

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2008 08:44 pm
@chai2,
How did I find out? Well the wierd way he started acting towards me. One night he actualay kicked me when I tried to snuggle. He started acting like he resented me for some reason. Then I looked a little more closely at the phone bill. I mean, who calls Utah at 5 am on a Sunday for business?
martybarker

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2008 08:46 pm
@chai2,
Leg shaving, yeah, that's got to be a sign. Seriously, who does have time to shave their legs every day. That's about 20 times the surface area of a man's face!
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2008 08:50 pm
@martybarker,
Who calls Utah period?

He Kicked you when you tried to snuggle?
martybarker

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2008 08:53 pm
@chai2,
I definitely agree that an affair has got to take a lot of energy to follow through with. It probably either ends because it's too hard to live a double life or the cheater leaves their partner.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2008 09:07 pm
Not only do I not have the time or energy, because of my job, I also dont have the nerve.

My wife asked me one time, when we were talking about having affairs, "Does the name Bobbit ring a bell"?

She would cut them off and use them for earrings if I ever tried to have an affair.
Also, since her parents come from 2 of the 3 largest families in the county, if I ever tried to have an affair it would most likely end up to be one of her cousins.
Her parents families (mom and dads families) literally make up about 2/3 of the county,when you add the in-laws, cousins, aunts, uncles, etc.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2008 09:17 pm
@mysteryman,
Meant to tell ya, you drove right past my old place the other night.

Everbuddy knows everbuddy in the Tyson town as well...

As to Gunga, my Chicago squeeze found time, and then some, even though we shared a 2 hour commute, each way (when I was in town...)
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2008 10:32 pm
@chai2,
Probably not, and if I did, I would not have the nerve...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2008 08:05 am
Time?

people find time.
Work 1/2 days and not tell the spouse. Long lunches from work
Faking a get together with friends. "shopping trips" .. you name it.

A dedicated cheater can balance a life of two easily no matter how much time they normally spend with their spouse.
snood

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2008 09:00 am
@shewolfnm,
You speak from experience, or just have a creative mind?
chai2

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2008 09:08 am
@shewolfnm,
Quote:
people find time.
Work 1/2 days and not tell the spouse. Long lunches from work
Faking a get together with friends. "shopping trips" .. you name it.

heh, I guess I'd have to start doing any of those things in the first place.

0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2008 02:24 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

You speak from experience, or just have a creative mind?

I have been cheated on by a few people. Those were the "outings" that were used by them.
My first husband would claim to work extra shifts. I never thought anything of it until I noticed he didnt earn any more money on his check.

A boyfriend of mine would claim to go shopping a lot. Since that was how we met, I didnt think anything of it for a while. Then I caught him out with someone else and he told me everything.

It isnt hard for some people to find time to be with someone else if they really want to.
chai2

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2008 02:26 pm
@shewolfnm,
It seems it's just as easy to catch them at it.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2008 02:36 pm
it is easier to find the time with someone you work with, after all your spouse already thinks that you are at work. Carving out a few hours during the day or ofter the work day is over and claiming that the whole time was work is easy. Normally no excuse for lost time is required. so I've heard anyways.

Come to think of it....is the conventional wisdom that you should not screw you co-workers part of a campaign to keep people monogamous?? Does not seem to work at any rate, as co-worker hook-ups are common.

0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2008 02:44 pm
I have the time, but not the inclination! Wink
0 Replies