All seriousness aside...

chai2

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 08:46 pm
I'm sitting here having a little snack, and thinking about some of the fun perks of being prez, or one of his family.

He could just say out loud "I'd like a soft pretzel with mustard" or "A grape Nehi sounds good", and by God, there it would be.

It's a big job and everything, but hey, it would be really great to just say to someone, "I'd like to have a bubble bath drawn for me. The one with that citrus smell would be refreshing as hell"

Bet you'd never have to wait for a fresh cup of coffee either.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,060 • Replies: 19
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 08:54 pm
@chai2,
Gives a clue to who we are. I'd be all worried..

But never mind.

I'd think, will they feature my pancakes on morning in america? What if I use bisquik (quick?) and not the regular ingredients? Will Iowa (never mind how I got to Iowa) disown me with a commercial?
chai2

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 09:01 pm
dammit, I hate drinking my ice tea out of those orange glasses.

get me a green glass.

and while you're at it, make sure I get the underwear that doesn't have tags in them.

and for crying out loud, turn the heat up, it's freezing in here.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 09:02 pm
@ossobuco,
Kidding, of course, but I'd assume I was speaking to a divided populace at the same time I had the vote. I'm not sure that the division would move me in my choices.

Pie.
chai2

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 09:07 pm
@ossobuco,
Alan! Get this woman out of here.

She's talking about divided populae when I'm trying to take a 5 minute break shooting some nerf ball!

(I president all day and night long, I think I can take a little time to ask someone to bring me a fresh shirt)
chai2

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 09:13 pm
Excuse me Mr. President.

I just thought you'd like to know those flannel sheets you ordered from LL Bean arrived..

Oh yeah! I'm going to be nice and warm tonight!
chai2

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 09:23 pm
@chai2,
You know how you see the president going to all these important dinners and everything?

You never think about if he asks someone earlier in the day "What are they going to have for supper tonight?"

Like he's not supposed to care about things like that.

Screw that.

I'd be all "Pork loin? Great! I love pork loin. Tell them to make sure to give me extra gravy on the side, and not to make my carrots too al dente."
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 09:28 pm
And if you want to call a long lost buddy, the White House Communications Agency is legendary for dialing up just about anyone, on a moments notice.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 09:32 pm
@chai2,
No, no, I want to see the desserts. Pie, I did mention pie, if a little late.
chai2

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 09:36 pm
@roger,
I don't care if they weren't planning on having carrots tonight Alan.

I don't want to pull rank here, but did anyone notice who was the president in this room?

oh right, that would be me.

Tell them to make a couple extra pounds of carrots. As soon as they see me eating them, some other people will want them too.

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 09:36 pm
@ossobuco,
What's wrong with strawberry shortcake?

That goes good with pork loin.
chai2

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 09:39 pm
@roger,
Quote:
if you want to call a long lost buddy, the White House Communications Agency is legendary for dialing up just about anyone, on a moments notice.

Tim? Hey, guess who this is?

Yeah....that's right....

yeah, great....so, how's it hangin'?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 10:03 pm
@chai2,
No, I've never liked strawberries, or hardly ever. Ok, once in a while. But mostly they are picked early and not sweet. In my own plot, they grew little worms, cute, must have arrived with the baby plants. People rave about strawberry shortcake and I roll my eyes, at least to myself. People make giant desserts out of poor strawberries. Bitch rests her case.

Ok, ok, already, I adore blackberries .
solipsister

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 11:09 pm
@ossobuco,
"It's never too late to order ... Thank you sir."
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 07:20 am
Shoot... I'd be messin' with people somethin' awful!

"Jim, come here. ........ Pull my finger."

I mean, really, who wouldn't be willing to play along?
chai2

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 07:59 am
@squinney,
yeah, fartin' in full elevators

not bothering to flush - yo, I've got world peace on my mind, a little more important doncha think?

good times
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 08:40 am
memo to entire staff

Friday will be Hawaiian shirt day....
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 10:19 am
Okay, folks in the industry, I am the President, so I just want everyone to know that skorts are back in style. Yes, that's right. Looks like a skirt, but you flip it up and it's good for sliding into second base. You got it. Thanks.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 08:19 pm
An elderly Italian man lay dying in his bed.While suffering the agonies of impending death,
He suddenly smelled the aroma of his favorite ravioli wafting up the stairs.

He gathered his remaining strength, and lifted himself from the bed.

Gripping the railing with both hands, he crawled downstairs.
When he reached the bottom of the stairs, he leaned against the door frame, gazing into the kitchen, where if not for death's agony, he would have thought himself already in heaven, for there, spread out upon waxed paper on the kitchen table were hundreds of his favorite ravioli.

Was it heaven? Or was it one final act of love from his wife of sixty years, seeing to it that he left this world a happy man?

He threw himself towards the table, landing on his knees in a crumpled posture.

His parched lips parted, the wondrous taste of the ravioli was already in his mouth.
With a trembling hand he reached up to the edge of the table, when suddenly he was smacked with a wooden spoon by his wife.

'Get Away!' she said.
'Those are for the funeral.'

ossobuco

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 08:28 pm
@JLNobody,
Oh, man, you know your ravioli.
0 Replies