58

Let's get rid of the Electoral College

coldjoint

-2  
Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2019 06:23 pm
Hence the Constitution is a living document

If it is alive, that alone, is less of a reason to eviscerate it. Originalists are a good thing.

5  
Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2019 03:50 am
@coldjoint,
Then you are a fan of slavery, slaves are3/5ths of a citizen, women
must stay indoors since they are property. A presidents term is whatever the hell he feels like, and soldiers can be quartered in our homes .
How bout testifying against yourself, is that good or you? Originalism wouldnt have grown with the times.

You keep revealing o much about yourself as you twaddle on.

Baldimo

-2  
Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2019 02:20 pm
The probability was that Franklin may hav been an "attributee", according to newspapers of the time,

This has absolutely nothing to do with you changing the wording from Republic to Democracy. Instead of correcting yourself, you instead post an article about the woman who asked him the question? Do you always divert attention away from your mistakes?
Walter Hinteler

2  
Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2019 02:49 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
This has absolutely nothing to do with you changing the wording from Republic to Democracy.
I really wonder, if/when you ever will learn that the U.S.A. are a democratic republic.
Baldimo

-2  
Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2019 03:19 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
We are actually a Constitutional Republic that uses a limited representative democracy. We don't vote on any federal laws, restrictions or regulations, we vote the people into office that vote on those things. The only place we vote is in local elections on local issues and to elect our Federal and State Reps. Now if you live in CO, we actually get to vote on all tax proposals and the Rep's can't raise taxes without approval of the people. Most people living in the US don't even get to vote on their own tax measures, the politicians vote for those, here in CO we have TABOR, Taxpayer Bill of Rights. As far as I know, we are the only state in the Union who gets to vote on tax measures.

4  
Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2019 03:55 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
The term "republic" is in fact defining a democracy. The GOP conservatives use the distinction in their world to deny the disenfranchisement of the larger states which are clearly going blue. In Pa in our last general election (State and local offices), I think Mr Trump got a message that I know h will ignore as " Fake" .

I didnt post my Franklin comment to Mr Baldi... I was hoping the less discerning posters like Oral or Pinky would have answered. It was merely me having a bit of fun

2  
Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2019 03:59 pm
@Baldimo,
You werent my target of my post so give yourself a pat and two gold Farmerman stars. The article does clarly deny your assertions that there is a profound difference. Voting via stages assumes that your choices will be reflected , but It doesnt work that way in present practice of the EC.. ALL the rules are post Constitutional.

Baldimo

-2  
Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2019 04:00 pm
I didnt post my Franklin comment to Mr Baldi...

Then why did you tag me in it?
@Baldimo,

2  
Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2019 05:46 pm
@Baldimo,
I just hit return I dont bother to heck names.

When I addressed you it was AFTER I posted the comment in which you jumped in. BTW , I did take responsibility and explained which you, in your eagerness to deny the point of the posts, totally omitted.

Oh well,

coldjoint

-1  
Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2019 07:41 pm
I was hoping the less discerning posters like Oral or Pinky would have answered.

You believe revisionist history, why would we say anything?