Does Love Sometimes Hurt?

RexRed

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 11:00 pm
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 11:43 am
I guess my life is too personal and SOME of the people on A2K are too insensitive to hold their tongues. What should one expect from hateful liberals????? Every day I hate liberals more and most of this hate is derived from this website.

So those in need are not really served by this website.

NOONE or FEW stand up against them. The votes keep piling up for stupid LIBERAL posts and the posts with substance are left at zero, like a gang of mobsters.

With the old a2k site I at least had a shot at getting on the front page. NOW THIS SITE IS MERELY A LIBERAL GANG BANG. A democracy where the liberals outnumber the conservatives (AT LEAST) two to one. Tags like, tiny penis and dunce cap have been added to my threads by the same unscrupulous asshole liberals. TOO COWARDLY TO SAY IT TO MY FACE, HUH??? Well I not only have a good sized penis… I could probably whip most of your asses! MIGHT IS RIGHT?

Well I had things I wanted to say, discuss, LEARN and we are now down to the guttural baby brained logic that love and lube are synonymous.

When someone mentions the word HURT in their post TITLE it would seem that those who reply MIGHT be concerned and not just looking for a spot on the comedy connection. The few who were concerned I thank you... but it was the vile few that made me stop expressing my hurt…

Love still hurts for me... and I won't find what I need or am ABLE to KNOW on this godless site designed ONLY to stomp on the few conservatives who have not left, YET...

Where is NEOLOGIST and REALLIFE they seem to have LEFT also.

Haven't seen a post from them in a while...

Perhaps they were wiser than me.

Now I will go put on my “dunce cap” and go play with my implied “tiny penis” and you low life liberals (you know who you are) can all go to hell.

Ignorance is bliss.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 11:50 am
@RexRed,
Jesus Rex, you are a big boy. If you did not know before now that the relationship threads at a2k are brutally "in your face" then you have not paid attention. Everyone gets treated this way (well almost everyone), this is not all about you.
RexRed

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 11:53 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Jesus Rex, you are a big boy. If you did not know before now that the relationship threads at a2k are brutally "in your face" then you have not paid attention. Everyone gets treated this way (well almost everyone), this is not all about you.

Good ol' liberal compassion...
RexRed

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 11:59 am
That is why kids are blowing their brains out on their webcams and bullying each other in schools all across this country... good ol' liberal compassion at its finest.

A small pat on the back and a boot in the behind is all you get from people these days...
Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 12:06 pm
@hawkeye10,
Sorry hawkeye, I disagree. If a person comes to A2K wanting advice and compassion, it is really not very civilized to throw cold water in his face. Maybe I stay away from the prank threads, but in my experience, when a person wants heartfelt advice here, he/she gets it.

Quote:
Good ol' liberal compassion...

Red-Relationships are difficult as it is. Why throw politics into the mix? I would give the appropriate advice to any member, no matter what their political persuasion. I don't believe in mixing apples with oranges!
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 12:08 pm
@RexRed,
left/right, liberal/conservative have nothing to do with the culture that has developed at the a2k relationship forum ( a virtual place now that RG did away with the forums). Honestly, even if brutal, is culturally more valued than hand holding here. Some of us are glad for this. I came to a2k because of the honesty of the posting in relationship threads, I want to be challenged and to be shown things that I don't see. Relationships are very important to me, I care about getting them right. The honestly at a2k is very helpful towards this end. What you call a lack of compassion, others not being soft to you, is actually a form of compassion. Compassion is caring, compassion is not making your life easier by telling you what you want to hear and nothing else. Being soft allows you to ignore what you want to ignore, it is the opposite of compassion. Caring enough to tell you what we think you need to hear is something to be valued, not something that is worthy of your scorn.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 12:14 pm
Oh fer cryin' out loud, this isn't about politics.

Don't like the tags? Add your own, and get your friends to add tags. Less popular tags will be crowded out by more popular ones. This works on every single topic.

Relationships topics in your face? Sheesh. They tend to be actually rather nice. Don't paint the entire site with one broad brush or all respondents the same way.

Do I think this topic was answered insensitively? Yes. Do I think it was answered sensitively? Yes to that as well, plus anyone who's been here for a while should realize that there are going to be things said on one topic that spill over from another one, or from all of the time we've all known one another. None of these topics exists in a vacuum. If any posts bother you -- here's an idea -- vote them down. If the poster bothers you too much -- put that person on Ignore. You have tools here for dealing with people if you're bothered by them or think your threads are being disrupted or spoiled. Use them. That's not squelching dissent, it's keeping your blood pressure low. I am not saying this in order to invite some discussion about the software or about Craven, by the way. Not every statement about how the site works is an invitation to bitch to the overworked and unpaid Moderating and Developmental staff.

Rex, I am sorry that you feel that your relationship somehow hurts you. And since, so far as I can tell, it is a very new relationship, it's entirely possible that it isn't love, and is just the feelings of newness and desire, which happen in all relationships when they start out. Endurance -- and I don't mean sexual but rather how long you are together -- is what tends to decide whether what you think, in the beginning, is love, really is. Hint: if things hurt now and really don't have a reason to, then I'd chalk it up more to initial ardor. Time will tell whether it's more than that.

I hope it goes well for you.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 12:17 pm
@RexRed,
you get what you give and reap what you sow.... you act like a holier than thou turd...you get treated like one.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 12:17 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Really? So when you ask a friend for advise you want them to be civilized and to protect your feelings? I have never understood that, I want people around me who will give it to me straight, and who allow me to do the same. **** niceties when there are serious problems needing fixing.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 12:18 pm
@jespah,
I appreciate the staff... even though I'm an asshole.

((((((((((((((BEAR HUG FOR JESPAH ET AL)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 12:23 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
You had the option of leaving this thread alone, what of value do you figure that you have contributed here? Are you kicking Rex out of some sadistic pleasure??
Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 12:24 pm
@hawkeye10,
Wait a second Hawkeye..........I didn't say that advice had to be sugar coated. I for one, am a "shoot straight from the hip" sort of person. I don't mince words. But I choose my words carefully as to not inflict unnecessary pain on the person who is coming to me for help.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 12:26 pm
@hawkeye10,
no, I am lashing out because over the years he has hurt my feelings so many times. My callous treatment of him merely hides my own ultra sensitive feelings and broken heart.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 12:45 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Get a hold of yourself, it is unseemly for a man to act like a woman.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 12:48 pm
@Phoenix32890,
I am with you then.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 12:50 pm
@hawkeye10,
and now you denigrate me for having a sensitive side... you sir, are no gentleman nor are you a progressive thinker. I am going to now brew some Camomille tea. (SP?)
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 04:39 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Quote:
no, I am lashing out because over the years he has hurt my feelings so many times. My callous treatment of him merely hides my own ultra sensitive feelings and broken heart.

Someday we will all shake hands in that big circus tent in the sky. Smile
Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 04:55 pm
@RexRed,
Red- A very wise person once told me this when I was a teenager, and going through some teenage angst:

Quote:
Over the years, many people will think many different things about you. The important thing is what you think about yourself.

In the words of Ricky Nelson,

Quote:

"You can't please everybody, so you've got to please yourself"
RexRed

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 07:29 am
@Phoenix32890,
Very true, what others think of us can either be a reflection of what we think of ourselves or their opinions of us can be a reflection of what they think of us in light of a different set of principles. My own set of standards may differ from others so ultimately the views of others will differ also. I or others may suffer from delusions which change the end result of how we perceive each other.

So how we we not delude ourselves such that we drift from a collective ideal of what reality really is? What is the source of the ideal standard from which to draw our moral and ethical conclusions? "...and Yoko brought her walrus" I love that song I sing it often at karaoke. Smile
0 Replies