This thread is cursed !!!

Tryst

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2008 02:03 pm
The Curse of the Bambino was a superstition cited, often jokingly, as a reason for the failure of the Boston Red Sox baseball team to win the World Series in the 86-year period from 1918 until 2004. While some fans took the curse seriously, most used the expression in a tongue-in-cheek manner.

The curse was said to have begun after the Red Sox sold Babe Ruth, sometimes called The Bambino, to the New York Yankees in the off-season of 1919-1920. Before that year, the Boston Red Sox had been one of the most successful professional baseball franchises, winning the first World Series in 1903 and amassing five World Series titles. After the sale, the once-lackluster Yankees became one of the most successful franchises in North American professional sports.

Talk of the curse as an ongoing phenomenon ended in 2004, when the Red Sox came back from a 0-3 best-of-seven deficit to beat the Yankees in the 2004 American League Championship Series and then went on to sweep the St. Louis Cardinals to win the 2004 World Series.

The curse had been such a part of Boston culture that when a road sign on the city's much-used Storrow Drive was vandalized from "Reverse Curve" to "Reverse The Curse", officials left it in place until after the Red Sox won the Series in a 4-0 sweep.

Merely by reading up to this point you may have gotten infected, if you find yourself:

Wakening up in the night and finding it difficult to get back to sleep.

Wakening up late, missing breakfast and the bus.

Do you usually find the weather is "against you" (rains when you want to go out, etc)

Have you ever had the experience of hearing someone calling your name when no one else is around.

Have you noticed items like cutlery falling on the floor.

The toilet paper runs out before you’re finished?

If the answer to any is; yes! Then the only known cure is to send a large donation to A2K for the necessary incantations to be ritually chanted.

Disclaimer:

Information is intended as a general guide only and should be regarded as such. While I have taken no effort to make sure that this information is accurate, I make no guarantee about the correctness or fitness for purpose of the details provided here and accept no liability for the use of information/advice/products provided here. Furthermore:

I shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of this post or the reliance on information in it. The content of this paragraph and its disclaimers and exclusions shall apply to the maximum extent permissible by applicable laws. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.

While no care has been taken to prevent the occurrence of errors and omissions the user of this information should not take the accuracy of the information for granted. None of the material contained in this curse can be relied upon as a statement or representation of fact.

I have no control over the use to which the information within this post may be put and shall not be liable for any loss or damage either direct indirect or consequential arising out of or in connection with the use of such information.

This notice supersedes all previous notices; but not the notices that follow:

You are prohibited from unlawfully using any of the copyright content and passing off content from this post as your own. You are not permitted to "mirror", "deep-link" or "frame" this post within another website, and/or copy all or parts of this post for re-use on your website or any other website.

Any rights not expressly granted in this Legal Notice are reserved.

The Trade Marks must not be used as nouns, verbs or in plural form. The Trade Marks should only be used as adjectives followed by a noun.
The first reference to the Trade Mark, whether in a document (hard or soft copy), packaging or promotional material, must incorporate the trade mark symbol (™) followed by an asterisk (eg, T.R. Yagain ™*).

Any document (hard or soft copy), packaging or promotional material that incorporates the Trade Marks must also include at the conclusion of the document or somewhere obvious on the packaging or promotional material the following credit line:

‘* Due to budget cuts the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.’
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,304 • Replies: 6

mismi

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2008 04:06 pm
@Tryst,
You don't have enough to do, do you?
Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2008 05:54 pm
@mismi,
Not to worry, mismi. I just put the double-reverse whammy on the thread and now it will haunt Tryst forever. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2008 06:01 pm
@Tryst,
I am "the curse" as I was lovingly called at home, so nothing will ever phase me.
I do however, run out of toilet paper occasionally.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2008 06:42 pm
@mismi,
mismi wrote:
You don't have enough to do, do you?

This could be said about a lot of our posters.
mismi

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2008 07:34 pm
@jespah,
Quote:
This could be said about a lot of our posters.

either that or they are procrastinators - just puttin' something else off...I fit there quite a bit of the time!

M.A. just turned the tables on you Try st ....good luck with that.
0 Replies

Tryst

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2008 10:15 am
Hey, it’s Merry Andrew at his witty best; may I safely assume you were stirred into action by the overwhelming support I received from Mismi? Due no doubt to the fact that I have been hunting her like; forever!

Anyways, take it easy buddy, its not like I was advocating ephebicide or something, I mean, not even for Red Sox supporters!

C " J on the other hand is cursed by being too pretty and had to take up self defense to protect herself.

It could be argued that Jes has me under her spell; as she makes the best chicken soup I have never tasted.

I would also like to take the opportunity to thank all the cursed who have made a donation, you will soon become irresistible to the opposite sex…

Not you Kicky, for you will stand as an example to others who fail to pay up and so say hi to Gus!!!

So on this Sunday, let me hold out my hand in reconciliation, friendship and compassion and say:

I do not want Re-publicans in my church. I mean they are not like Jesus. Jesus was a black guy from da Chi-Town who moved to da far east to make a daifference…then moved back to save the Indians (read; Native Americans) from dem selves.

Ps. I will be back in time for supper Mis. Wink
0 Replies