Obama considering Hillary Clinton for Secretary of State

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 12:03 am
Obama considering Hillary Clinton for Secretary of State

Chicago Sun-Times

November 13, 2008

BY ABDON M. PALLASCH Political Reporter/[email protected]
As the press pool following President-elect Barack Obama waited for him to emerge from his Transition Team headquarters in Chicago Thursday afternoon, someone else's motorcade of three SUVs emerged from the same underground garage.

This development coincides with NBC news quoting two Obama advisors saying that Obama was considering Sen. Hillary Clinton for the position of Secretary of State.

Clinton was seen taking a flight to Chicago Thursday, NBC reported, though that was reportedly for personal business, though it did not preclude the possibility of a meeting between Obama and Clinton, NBC reported.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 2,778 • Replies: 25
No top replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 04:28 am
@InfraBlue,
Excellent choice. That, or ambassador to the U.N. (Naming her to the U.N. embassy would effectively keep her in NYC and mostly away from Washington, DC, something Obama should consider.)
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 08:02 am
@InfraBlue,
Personally I don't believe it... I think it's another story to get people to tune in...
cjhsa

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 08:09 am
@InfraBlue,
"Change" is just more of the same old left wing bullshit that got our country into this mess in the first place. Yet you all can't get past blaming Bush...

Fuckwits.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 08:19 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I would have rather seen her in a position to work on the health care plan, like maybe Department of HHS. But State isn't bad.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 08:24 am
@FreeDuck,
I think the Senate is a great place for her....HHS I agree also a good place for her...she will be effective wherever she ends up...
cjhsa

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 08:33 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
So, what he gonna give Granholm? He might as well make this as big of a joke as possible.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 08:39 am
@cjhsa,
oh just **** off cj.....
Blickers

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 08:39 am
@InfraBlue,
After eight years of W, I would think the international community would welcome a Clinton as Secretary of State. Would get things off to a good start right away.
cjhsa

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 08:45 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
No, it's been Obama and his douchecrat cronies that have destroyed the economy over the last two years. More of the same is going to get us all killed.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 08:50 am
@cjhsa,
tired of fencing... you're full of ****, you're a racist and a prick. Period.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 09:42 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

oh just **** off cj.....

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Love is in the air!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 10:24 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

I would claim quite the opposite is true - the real racist prick (bear) reveals himself.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 10:40 pm
looks like it's been offered...but I'm still not sure I believe it...
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2008 01:42 am
Quid Pro Quo

A New Kind of Politics?

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2008 06:52 pm
Obama would be a fool not to offer Clinton something substantial in the way of a position in his administartion. She proved her mettle in that close-fought primary battle and then was gracious enough to offer her unconditional support once he had the nomination. If he's as savvy as I think he is, he will offer good posts to not only Hillary but Kerry and Gore as well, especially Kerry who, to a large extent, was instrumental in bringing Clinton to national attention just four years ago.
roger

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2008 07:10 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Kerry? That was the name that forced me to vote for Bush. Not that Obama cares; I didn't vote for him either, though I came darn close to abstaining.

Secretary of State. I've been hearing Bill Richardson's name for the post, too. Big advantage here is that he would do whatever his boss expected him too.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2008 07:20 am
@Merry Andrew,
Quote:
If he's as savvy as I think he is, he will offer good posts to not only Hillary but Kerry and Gore as well, especially Kerry who, to a large extent, was instrumental in bringing Clinton to national attention just four years ago.

Of course you meant Obama instead of Clinton, correct?
Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2008 07:50 pm
@Blickers,
Yes. <sigh> I tell ya, getting old is not for sissies.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2008 09:35 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

After eight years of W, I would think the international community would welcome a Clinton as Secretary of State. Would get things off to a good start right away.

Oh no, not again, I thought the one good thing about Obama winning was being rid of the Clintons, or at least keep her in New York, they deserve her there.
0 Replies