Obama considering Hillary Clinton for Secretary of State

okie

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2008 09:39 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

I think the Senate is a great place for her....HHS I agree also a good place for her...she will be effective wherever she ends up...

Actually, I think Arkansas would be a great place for her. Rose Law Firm, they deserve each other.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2008 10:29 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Quote:
...and then was gracious enough to offer her unconditional support once he had the nomination.

Do you really believe that was the case?

This is the condition of her support after he won the nomination.

blatham

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 10:38 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
This is the condition of her support after he won the nomination.

Yes, like the quid pro quo clearly, transparently, certainly sitting behind present treatment by Obama of Lieberman.

Let's try another thesis. We can judge the relative correctness of it via its predicitive usability (over the next two or so weeks). I expect Obama to appoint a significant number of accomplished Republicans to his administration. I expect that because, as with Lieberman and the consideration of Clinton for this post, I assume Obama actually wishes to achieve as much co-ordinated and bi-partisan shoulder to the wheel effort as can reasonably be attained. I assume that he appreciates the seriousness of multiple dilemmas now facing the US and has the intention of establishing a broad cooperative framework of governance in which to go forward. And let's note that pulling people with different ideas on policy into an administration was something which Lincoln also did - for all the right reasons.
okie

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 08:48 pm
I heard that Bill's business deals, shady dealings, etc. could trump Hillary's chances at Secretary of State? Now, that would be funny. Not qualified to be Secretary of State, but the lady's husband was voted in by the people as president. What does this say about the intelligence of voters?

One wonders of Obama would have passed muster in a vetting process for Secretary of State? Probably not.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 10:19 pm
@okie,
boy the Clintons sure make you soak through your maxi pad...
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 04:56 pm
@blatham,
Well, you can think that if you like.
0 Replies