Bush looks happy

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 08:42 pm
Did anyone see the CNN interview with President Bush? Is it my imagination or does that guy look really really happy. He was smiling and cracking jokes and I swear his face looked less ashen than it has recently. He even admitted some regrets for things he's said and laughed about it all.

I think George Bush is feeling incredible relief at not having to be President any more.

Remember back in the 2004 on election night a reporter asked him if he was worried because Kerry had taken an early lead that day, George shrugged the question aside and said, "I'm not worried, the American people will decide now, whatever happens will happen". At the time I thought it was sort of a 'place your faith in God' type of response, but now I'm wondering if it was more of a 'who cares, I don't want to win anyway' type of attitude.

It makes you wonder if he really ever wanted a second term or if he just played the game his party told him to play and happened to win again. Then he was stuck because you can't quit unless you do a Watergate.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 11 • Views: 3,989 • Replies: 46
No top replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 08:54 pm
@rosborne979,
Or maybe, just maybe, the guy is content with himself.

Do you folks ever appreciate how tortured your efforts are to turn every aspect of W's life and presidency into justification for the pathological hatred you have for him?
rosborne979

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 08:59 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:

That wouldn't explain the difference in his appearance during the most recent interview.

I'm saying that I don't remember seeing George look quite this happy and relaxed in a long time.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 09:09 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Do you folks ever appreciate how tortured your efforts are to turn every aspect of W's life and presidency into justification for the pathological hatred you have for him?

Yeh, I cant think of another president who was demonized by a group of heartless critics such as we. Have you had a lobotomy finnzy?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 09:51 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Yeh, I cant think of another president who was demonized by a group of heartless critics such as we.

So, in other words, other presidents have been demonized by idiots like you so that makes this particular idiotic demonization A-OK.

If you insist.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 09:54 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn, I am trying to figure you out, post-election...

Are you truly a GW Bush fan, cuz that simplifies things a bit...

(kurious in rural kansas)
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 10:01 pm
@Rockhead,
Keep trying Bud.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 10:10 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
ditto, kiddo...
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 10:54 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:

Only if he is seriously delusional, which is a very real possibility.
RexRed

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 11:58 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Yeh, I cant think of another president who was demonized by a group of heartless critics such as we.

Ditto
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 12:04 am
@JTT,
Quote:
Only if he is seriously delusional, which is a very real possibility.

Never any slack... heartless liberals.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 12:40 am
Quote:
pathological hatred

I read more, and viler, stuff about the Bill and Monica Clinton than anyone ever served up on Bush. Does anyone actually believe that they took time out of their busy, very public lives to organise the murder of - what? - 47 people and keep it a secret?
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 01:12 am
@Mr Stillwater,
I hope bush lives 200 years...
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 02:27 am
@rosborne979,
Quote:

Did anyone see the CNN interview with President Bush? Is it my imagination or does that guy look really really happy. He was smiling and cracking jokes and I swear his face looked less ashen than it has recently. He even admitted some regrets for things he's said and laughed about it all.

I think George Bush is feeling incredible relief at not having to be President any more.

Remember back in the 2004 on election night a reporter asked him if he was worried because Kerry had taken an early lead that day, George shrugged the question aside and said, "I'm not worried, the American people will decide now, whatever happens will happen". At the time I thought it was sort of a 'place your faith in God' type of response, but now I'm wondering if it was more of a 'who cares, I don't want to win anyway' type of attitude.

It makes you wonder if he really ever wanted a second term or if he just played the game his party told him to play and happened to win again.

That was true of HIS FATHER.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 04:18 am
He just found out the his Exxon shares split....
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 05:58 am
I saw it. I found it repulsive that the things he regretted were having said "Bring it on" and appearing on the aircraft carrier with a "Mission Accomplished" banner.

Really?

No regrets for sending our soldiers into a war that was not necessary? Or, torture? Or Not getting Bin Laden? Or not paying attention to Condi's report while he was clearing brush in August of 2001? Or...
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 06:08 am
@squinney,
Quote:

"Mission Accomplished" banner.

He shoud have put up that "Mission Accomplished" banner
in the Oval Office and brought the troops home once Saddam was defeated.

David
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 06:08 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:

Yeh, I cant think of another president who was demonized by a group of heartless critics such as we. Have you had a lobotomy finnzy?

Which president was demonized to this extent, and was the subject of this many conspiracy theories? In my recollection, only Nixon.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 06:10 am
@Brandon9000,
Yeah; thay did it to Nixon.

Maybe he deserved it, after what he did to Chang Kai Shek
and the Nationalist Chinese.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 06:13 am
@Brandon9000,
Gimme a break Brandon. You guys are so suffering from focused memory that you will spend all of 2008 blaming the present troubles on Clinton, redigging up the "47 murders" that STillwater speaks of, and falsely claiming that the roots of everything bad are Bills fault and he was the spawn of Satan.

You, like Finnsy, have also probably had a lobotomy recently.