Bush looks happy

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 06:13 am
@squinney,
squinney wrote:

I saw it. I found it repulsive that the things he regretted were having said "Bring it on" and appearing on the aircraft carrier with a "Mission Accomplished" banner.

Really?

No regrets for sending our soldiers into a war that was not necessary? Or, torture? Or Not getting Bin Laden? Or not paying attention to Condi's report while he was clearing brush in August of 2001? Or...

He invaded a country run by an awful dictator, who had violated a surrender treaty that the UN refused to enforce, because of the widespread belief in the world that Saddam Hussein had not abandoned development of weapons so powerful that one use of one could kill half a million people. Sounds relatively tame taken in the context of all the wars that have occurred in the last century.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 06:16 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Gimme a break Brandon. You guys are so suffering from focused memory that you will spend all of 2008 blaming the present troubles on Clinton, redigging up the "47 murders" that STillwater speaks of, and falsely claiming that the roots of everything bad are Bills fault and he was the spawn of Satan.

You, like Finnsy, have also probably had a lobotomy recently.

1. Why don't you wait until I say something before you criticize me for saying it? Criticizing me for something I haven't said is invalid.
2. The propensity you liberals have for instantaneously responding to every political discussion with personal insults is really disgusting.
parados

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 08:00 am
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
Which president was demonized to this extent, and was the subject of this many conspiracy theories? In my recollection, only Nixon.

Quote:

1. Why don't you wait until I say something before you criticize me for saying it? Criticizing me for something I haven't said is invalid.

You were being criticized for something you said Brandon.

As farmerman stated, either you have really selective memory or have had a lobotomy. Clinton has been blamed for just about everything including murders by nuts on the right. You may not consider yourself a nut, but when you claim Bush has been attacked more than anyone since Nixon you make it hard to believe you are not as nutty as cjhsa.
cjhsa

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 08:04 am
@parados,
Wow, I get an honorable mention. I'm everywhere, man.

The left is now trying to pin the economic mess on Bush. I'm sure he personally signed off on your mortgage approval.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 08:43 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

Quote:
Which president was demonized to this extent, and was the subject of this many conspiracy theories? In my recollection, only Nixon.

Quote:

You were being criticized for something you said Brandon.

As farmerman stated, either you have really selective memory or have had a lobotomy. Clinton has been blamed for just about everything including murders by nuts on the right. You may not consider yourself a nut, but when you claim Bush has been attacked more than anyone since Nixon you make it hard to believe you are not as nutty as cjhsa.

Only a very immature person (not you) would instantly respond to every political discussion with insults about the poster. It's sickening.

I agree that Mr. Clinton was greatly demonized I was vehemently against both that and the impeachment when they occurred. I just think that Mr. Bush has been treated worse. He's been treated very badly, with endless conspiracy theories, claims about wrongdoing in his youth, etc. Frankly, I think both sides are very guilty in this, and it's not hard to see why, considering how quickly disagreements descend into childish insults on this board.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 09:28 am
BRANDON, BRANDON, BRANDON, STop whining about receiving criticism or else stop leading with your chin.

Bush has had a fairly easy time of it compared to Clinton. I dont remember Bush being accused of murdering US citizens as part of an undercover plot of silence. Or LArge land swindles, etc.

Remember, the special prosecutors were convened in the Clinton Admin times to "go fishing for stuff to hang on him" They came up with Nothing, NOTHING. clinton apparently felt sorry fpor all the time and money expended by Mr Starr so he complied by providing the special prosecutor with Ms Lewinski after all the special prosecutorial duties were over.
THE SPECIAL PROSECUTORS WERE HANDED BJ GATE. Then, the only thing they could hang on him was lying about it.

True, Clinton never was accused of having a low IQ, but, like Clinton and Lewinsky, Bush handed that one to us all by himself.
Brandon9000

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 10:51 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

BRANDON, BRANDON, BRANDON, STop whining about receiving criticism or else stop leading with your chin.

Bush has had a fairly easy time of it compared to Clinton. I dont remember Bush being accused of murdering US citizens as part of an undercover plot of silence. Or LArge land swindles, etc.

Remember, the special prosecutors were convened in the Clinton Admin times to "go fishing for stuff to hang on him" They came up with Nothing, NOTHING. clinton apparently felt sorry fpor all the time and money expended by Mr Starr so he complied by providing the special prosecutor with Ms Lewinski after all the special prosecutorial duties were over.
THE SPECIAL PROSECUTORS WERE HANDED BJ GATE. Then, the only thing they could hang on him was lying about it.

True, Clinton never was accused of having a low IQ, but, like Clinton and Lewinsky, Bush handed that one to us all by himself.

I agree that with president Clinton, my own party attempted to use the impeachment provision in the Constitution as a continuation of the election process, which, I felt at the time and feel now verged on treason. It is clear that the Founders intended impeachment to be a remedy for serious crimes, and not a way of forcing one's political enemies out. I would never countenance subversion of the Constitution. I do think, though, that the level demonization and attempts to smear president Bush have been disgusting. He's been accused of everything but being sired by a jackal. I will certainly never do something like that to president Obama. You may have noticed that there have not been endless conspiracy theories from the right about fraud in the polls and election.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 02:35 am
@rosborne979,
I'd feel happy to be getting away from the job...most especially if I knew I had been the colossal failure Bush has been, but it must be a hell of a relief even when you've done a good job.

0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 02:36 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

farmerman wrote:

Quote:
Do you folks ever appreciate how tortured your efforts are to turn every aspect of W's life and presidency into justification for the pathological hatred you have for him?

Yeh, I cant think of another president who was demonized by a group of heartless critics such as we. Have you had a lobotomy finnzy?

Snort!!!!!!

You HAVE to be kidding us, right?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 02:15 pm
@rosborne979,
Quote:

Bush looks happy

Do u think he looks TOO happy ?
Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2008 02:10 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Back on the bottle? Beating his wife and cheating with the Secretary of State? One can only hope.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2008 02:20 am
@Mr Stillwater,
Quote:

Back on the bottle?
Beating his wife and cheating with the Secretary of State?
One can only hope.

Well, I respect your right to hope for whatever u want, however odd it may be.
Once he has left office, what W eats or drinks is only his private concern.

So far as I am aware,
even the most bitter and psychotic leftists
have not accused him of beating the First Lady.
No injuries have ever been seen on her.
It is an ugly n repulsive thought and u have not benefited
your fellow citizens of this forum by bringing it up.

Your post is not entirely clear as to whether u can only hope
that W will beat his wife.

David
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2008 02:27 am
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/bushbeat/bush-barney-truck399-thumb.jpg

Relaxed? Why not? 499 vacation days in the past 8 years!

That's... what?... about 16 and a half months away on holiday. It is a record. No other President goofed off as much as Dubya, not even the one that managed to die after 30 days in office*.

*Henry Harrison
mismi

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2008 05:53 am
@Mr Stillwater,
Lyndon B. Johnson took 484 days of vacation in just 5 and a half years...He had a stressful presidency as well... I don't think the fact George W. Bush took so many days (many of them working days) for vacation says anything about how good or bad they were as presidents. Maybe more about how stressed they were.

It seems Jimmy Carter was not very well liked as a president and his record shows he made some pretty bad decisions, and he only took 79 days - which was another record.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2008 06:26 am
@mismi,
Quote:

Lyndon B. Johnson took 484 days of vacation in just 5 and a half years...
He had a stressful presidency as well... I don't think the fact
George W. Bush took so many days (many of them working days)
for vacation says anything about how good or bad they were as presidents.
Maybe more about how stressed they were.

Yes.
Good points.

Quote:

It seems Jimmy Carter was not very well liked as a president
and his record shows he made some pretty bad decisions,
and he only took 79 days - which was another record.

Yes; even his own Democrats were unimpressed with his work.

David
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 12:12 am
Quote:
even the most bitter and psychotic leftists
have not accused him of beating the First Lady.

Yeesh! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 04:31 am
@farmerman,
Effemm's just jealous because he can't afford a lobotomy.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 12:11 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

farmerman wrote:

Quote:
Do you folks ever appreciate how tortured your efforts are to turn every aspect of W's life and presidency into justification for the pathological hatred you have for him?

Yeh, I cant think of another president who was demonized by a group of heartless critics such as we. Have you had a lobotomy finnzy?

Snort!!!!!!

You HAVE to be kidding us, right?

I presume that if you could have given an argument to support your position you would have, but I'll give you another chance. I am not positive that no president in modern times except Nixon has been demonized as much as Bush, but I know that Bush has been greatly demonized, and I cannot think of another such case during my lifetime (55 years). If you have a counter-example, you need only give it.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 12:14 pm
@Brandon9000,
Can you really be that dense? Clinton. The right wing spared no small effort to delegitimize and degrade him while in office, Brandon.

At least with Bush, we mostly criticize aspects which are related to decisions he has made in his official capacity. Can't say the same for the scurrilous character attacks made on Clinton for 8 solid years.

Cycloptichorn
Ticomaya

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 03:03 pm
@squinney,
squinney wrote:
No regrets for sending our soldiers into a war that was not necessary? ...

One suspects he does not believe it was a "war that was not necessary." It appears he has not yet lost touch with reality.
0 Replies