Vaccination against Cervical Cancer!

ossobuco

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 08:42 pm
Checking in, nothing to say yet except that at first glance I'm for it.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 08:52 pm
At first glance I am all for it with an emphatic HellYeah! IS there a second glance I should be taking?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 08:56 pm
<not that I've seen>

Actually, I wrote at first and second glance, and then edited it, since it's a slam dunk for me and it wouldn't hurt me to read any scientific pros and cons. Understand, my view of scientific is pretty stringent. I am not really interested in other types of pros and cons.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 08:57 pm
I'm interested in hearing any scientific pros and cons you do or will have.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 09:16 pm
I'm on no big hunt since I think it's a fine idea, myself. But, I'll put this in line on my desktop and see if I can find some serious commentary.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 09:18 pm
I'd appreciate that - though I expect (hope) there won't be any downside.......
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 02:28 am
Does anyone remember how many individuals developed polio, after receiving a dose, when this vaccine was in the process of being developed?

Does anyone remember the ongoing controversy concerning childhood immunizations vs onset of autism?

Are parents more worried about sexual acitivity/pregnancy than they are about autism?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 06:43 am
littlek wrote:
At first glance I am all for it with an emphatic HellYeah! IS there a second glance I should be taking?

I would never be the first, second, or third in line for any new vaccine. Clinical trials are down to demonstrate safety, purity, potency, and efficacy of any new drug but they are done on limited numbers of individuals. There's nothing like a few years of history to demonstate actual performance.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 06:39 pm
Miller - No, wasn't the polio vaccine the very first vaccine ever developed? I thought that the autism debate had been pretty much settled. I would, as a parent of a young girl, be more concerned about cervical cancer than autism as her chances for developing the former far exceed her chances of developing the later.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 06:44 pm
No polio was not the first vaccine. Jenner developed the first vaccine, and this was against cow pox.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 06:46 pm
No polio was not the first vaccine. Jenner developed the first vaccine, ( about 200 years ago ) and this was against cow pox.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=9027132&dopt=Abstract
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 06:56 pm
Oh yeah!
0 Replies