cjhsa

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 01:21 pm
Cabelas and Sportman's Warehouse are either out of or running low on ammo.

Hope you stocked up.

cjhsa

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 01:39 pm
@cjhsa,
...every gun dealer with in 100 miles of Hays, KS is OUT of AR, AK and SKS rifles PERIOD. Bull City Arms (about 45 miles away) stayed open all night. EVERY round of .223 in Kansas has been sold with no hope of getting more. I guess Obama did what he promised, he stimulated the economy.......
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 01:44 pm
@cjhsa,
cjhsa wrote:

...every gun dealer with in 100 miles of Hays, KS is OUT of AR, AK and SKS rifles PERIOD. Bull City Arms (about 45 miles away) stayed open all night. EVERY round of .223 in Kansas has been sold with no hope of getting more. I guess Obama did what he promised, he stimulated the economy.......

Are you upset by this? They'll make more.

I'm not sure why all you nuts are stocking up on ammo anyways - you think someone's going to come attack you? Who, exactly?

Cycloptichorn
cjhsa

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 01:46 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I just got five boxes of modern ammo for a 50 year old gem of a lever gun I own (actually I have two). This new stuff takes the range easily to 250 yards AND won't cause a massive explosion under my chin in a tubular magazine chain reaction. Thank God for polymer tipped bullets! Lock and load.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 01:49 pm
@cjhsa,

Yeah, gun & ammo sales are through the roof right now.
Even gun hating liberals are buying weapons and stocking up on ammo...
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 01:49 pm
@cjhsa,
That didn't exactly answer my question.

Cycloptichorn
Woiyo9

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 02:04 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Did you really expect an honest answer?
cjhsa

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 02:07 pm
@Woiyo9,
What did he axe me? I got 'im on Ignore.... LOL!!!!
gungasnake

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 02:08 pm
@cjhsa,
What about ordinary shot shells for shooting clay pigeons with, any problems with that? I mean, that stuff is hard to hoard or keep but so much of around at any one time.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 02:08 pm
@cjhsa,
cjhsa wrote:

What did he axe me? I got 'im on Ignore.... LOL!!!!

Liar.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 02:10 pm
@gungasnake,
I'm going to stop at the (grocery) store on the way home and see what they have left as far as shotshells go. I have a shitload anyway.
0 Replies

Woiyo9

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 02:16 pm
@cjhsa,
CJ - Lighten up just a bit. The new administration will act in a way not dissimilar than if McCain had won. The world will not end and America will not be any worse off than it is today.

Remember, in 2 years, we get to go to the polls again and try to solve the real problem which is Congress.

Maybe if the so called Republicans can rebuild their party, learn how to run a better campaign, bring forward effective candidates, the outcome will be different.

I tried my best to help McCain, but face the reality....... Obama ran the better campaign.

0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 02:17 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
They've been watching Dylan's Masked and Anonymous Cyclo.

The Obama Miracle is merely a natural outcome of the way you've been living.

When you base your political opinions on the promises of politicians to get your country to do something for you it was inevitable as events have proved.

Politics has then become a branch of the advertising industry. $1.5 billion I heard the invoice was for. Mainly for ads or other modes of persuasion.

Did you not notice that nobody ever mentions Vance Packard anymore? It's as if he's an un-person. And it's all in there with 50 years of technics added on which is to say state of the art. As is the case with the other side. Disenchantment can be quickly organised, or mobilised, as they said our tankers driver had when they nearly shut the country down.

I mentioned somewhere having seen a video clip on our telly of a gunshop somewhere. A big one. The owner said there was a rush on and that was before voting got going. So I can well believe, now, that the reports on this thread are objective and thus a sensible person would take them into account and not seek to dismiss them with mere words. Obviously a stampede was due once the result was known.

One might shoot at an Inland Revenue collector under certain circumstances. I know an IR bailiff who has been shot at twice. Both times by farmers. I presume you know what a farmer is.

They are not intending shooting anyone. They are just saying that they might be ready to if the need arises. They have put their money on the risk they feel of that coming.

And farmers and suchlike are the only ones allowed guns here, to keep down vermin, and they are only itsy-bitsy shotguns.

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 02:33 pm
@spendius,
Quote:

One might shoot at an Inland Revenue collector under certain circumstances. I know an IR bailiff who has been shot at twice. Both times by farmers. I presume you know what a farmer is.

You ought to stick to drowning your sorrows in small beer and strong whisky, and forget these silly pretensions that you have any real place in these conversations.

Cycloptichorn
George

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 02:46 pm
I've only got swords, knives, and nunchaku.
When the forces of evil come, I'll have to get in close.
spendius

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 02:48 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Did I touch a sensitive spot Cyclo?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 02:50 pm
@spendius,
No, unless you're typing with one hand.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 02:51 pm

Ive got hundreds of gallons of glycerol and nitric and sulfuric acid. Im set if anyone wants to try their luck at B&E.

PS Cabela's is waaay overpriced for anything. I shop at the GAp Gunshop. Hes even got approved A and C magazines
George

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 02:52 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Ive got hundreds of gallons of glycerol and nitric and sulfuric acid. Im set if anyone wants to try their luck at B&E.

...or get their charcoal started...
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 03:31 pm
@George,
don't forget beer farts, silent but deadly.
Drunk