California Voters Approve Gay-Marriage Ban

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 05:15 pm
@spendius,
You need to learn how to crawl out of that cave (pub), spendi. You might learn something of value.

Treating all humans equally is good policy for even religious blokes.
Ionus

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 02:28 am
@RexRed,
Quote:
ceremony is not that big of a deal
Agreed , why would you want equality with an outdated ceremony that is buckling under stress ?

Quote:
Love is a big deal
That does not apply to being married or not ... that is independent .

Quote:
Marriage equality is a big deal . If gays are not given marriage equality then bi curious married heterosexuals will not respect gay marriage and think it is an institution that has less value and solidity.
That depends on the people involved, not marriage . There are many heterosexual couples who do not respect heterosexual marriages .

So if the law was changed so that all sexual preferences had legal protection without calling it marriage, somewhat like a beefed up defacto, call it say "A Life Partnership", what would be the problem ?

Quote:
A bond for life is a bond for life irregardless of a person's sex.
A bond for life is a bond for life irregardless of a person's marital status.

Ionus

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 02:29 am
@cicerone imposter,
Do you have any idea how many of your posts are just attacking people ? Were you a molested child ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 02:32 am
@RexRed,
Quote:
He listens to his bar buddies and their paranoia, fear and jokes over gays and has no other opinion to go by.
Regardless of whether he does or not, there are certainly those who are like that and they are a problem . To say they shouldnt be catered for is like saying the Tutsi will just have to get used to the Hutu.. it is simply a problem to be addressed later, it has not been dealt with at all .
Ionus

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 02:33 am
@cicerone imposter,
Another great post for Silly Female Impersonator telling everyone his opinion of another opinion . Rather devoid of facts .
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 02:34 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
A bond for life is a bond for life irregardless of a person's sex.
A bond for life is a bond for life irregardless of a person's marital status.
Yes but marital status affords that bond for life vital protections and privileges that increase that bonds chance of success.
Ionus

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 02:35 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
You need to learn how to crawl out of that cave (pub),
Another riveting post from a fool .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 02:35 am
@RexRed,
Quote:
Yes but marital status affords that bond for life vital protections and privileges that increase that bonds chance of success.
So if there was a legal status equal to marriage there wouldnt be a problem ?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 02:36 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
He listens to his bar buddies and their paranoia, fear and jokes over gays and has no other opinion to go by.
Regardless of whether he does or not, there are certainly those who are like that and they are a problem . To say they shouldnt be catered for is like saying the Tutsi will just have to get used to the Hutu.. it is simply a problem to be addressed later, it has not been dealt with at all .
Some people just find better friends...
RexRed

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 02:39 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
Marriage equality is a big deal . If gays are not given marriage equality then bi curious married heterosexuals will not respect gay marriage and think it is an institution that has less value and solidity.
That depends on the people involved, not marriage . There are many heterosexual couples who do not respect heterosexual marriages .

If some heterosexuals don't respect marriage as it is then they would respect something that is "almost" marriage even less.
Ionus

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 02:40 am
@RexRed,
What I am saying is it does no good to have a large of group of people out of the discussion... that is called a dictatorship . We need to engage everyone's opinion and not just say gays want marriage, religious people dont, lets force through a gay marriage policy .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 02:41 am
@RexRed,
Quote:
If some heterosexuals don't respect marriage as it is then they would respect something that is "almost" marriage even less.
My point was respect doesnt come from whether you are married or not, or some lesser status... respect is earned . Disrespect is born of fear .
RexRed

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 02:55 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
My point was respect doesnt come from whether you are married or not, or some lesser status... respect is earned . Disrespect is born of fear .
How can one find respect when some have the whole cake and you don't even get a bite? How do your friends and peers respect you then? Especially when some are given the cake free on a trip to Vegas and you can't free even buy it with a price. Yes respect is inside but it is also perceived by others. This seems like a shell game of words. One must keep their eye on the ball.

That is like saying people can be owned and slaves and still have respect. Equality and freedom is the whole package and one must never settle for less.
spendius

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 12:01 pm
@RexRed,
Equality is anti-evolutionary and we all know what the song says freedom is just another word for.

Equality only relates to abstractions which is why science can never describe reality accurately. Homosexuals will have a hierarchy. Even between two of them. Spouting platitudes notwithstanding.

"Are birds free from the chains of the skyways?"
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 12:55 pm
@spendius,
Are you free from the local pub?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 04:00 pm
NY Senate to vote on Gay Marriage bill, possibly as early as tonight.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43507672/ns/politics-more_politics/
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 09:07 pm
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43507672/ns/politics-more_politics/
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!~
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 09:21 pm
If I was a drinking man I would celebrate, I think I will just cry for a while. That may be a gay way of showing my happiness but it is how I feel. Smile

Yea New York!
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 09:31 pm
@RexRed,
All I can say is, ABOUT TIME!
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 10:13 pm
Congrats NY.

A
R
T