@spendius,
Go on Cyclo--put it to her straight.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 05:55 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Quote:
As our married gay friends are both women, I'm sure you would agree that they are double divine. I assure you that I think of them that way.

I told you that you are a closet hetero ages ago. Neither the Church nor the state has ever condemned girls cuddling and stroking each other. No genetic material is wasted when they do you see.

This debate is not about ladies even if it suits you to pretend it is. The question is-- would your wife, who has my sympathy, think of your friends as double divine if they were men. One imagines from "double divine" that you would be okay, if you know what I mean by being okay, in a threesome with your two friends assuming you had permission of course. Would your wife be okay in the same position if they were chaps?

Ask her.

Sure! What's the difference? A little bit of flesh that doesn't affect anyone but them either way. It has nothing to do with us really.

I mean, what do you expect people to say? "Ew, penises, gross, I can't support that." You do realize why you feel so strongly disgusted against this, don't you, Spendi?

It's the surest sign that your brain is trying to protect you from thoughts that challenge your self-image, because.... secretly....

Cycloptichorn
RexRed

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 05:56 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

RexRed wrote:

Quote:

It is an a priori fact, that something you receive from the government is a privilege, not a right. Are you denying that fact?

Privileges can be deemed unconstitutional too... if it is found they violate the constitution. It was once a "privilege" for white folks to exclusively sit up front on a bus while blacks were relegated to the back seats... Twisting words does not negate inequality...

Can you believe these assholes, Rex?

Cycloptichorn

I am stunned and stupefied beyond putrification... Smile
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 06:03 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
The T.S. Eliot argument again. Have you stopped beating your wife Cyclo? Whoever your No 1 chap is I can assure you he wouldn't be stroking me if I had been five years on a desert island on my tod.
RexRed

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 06:19 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Whoever your No 1 chap is I can assure you he wouldn't be stroking me if I had been five years on a desert island on my tod.

Me thinks the lady doth protest too much.... Smile
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 11:08 am
@spendius,
Spendius Do you think that gays go against nature?
Do you know that scientist now know how to create gays and hermaphrodites? We are now in the process of creating hermaphrodite seed so that we will have an abundance of sweet hermaphrodite fruit without the labor of mother nature creating them for us, as it is a timely matter for mother nature to take its course.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 11:25 am
@RexRed,
And he's no "lady." More like a virgin girl.
RexRed

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 11:26 am
@reasoning logic,
People may ask, why would a parent choose to have a gay child? Well if you have six children why not one be gay? I argue that gays do fulfill a social and cultural purpose. My parents loved me even thought they probably knew I was gay before I did... If not bringing marriage equality to the forefront of public consciousness perhaps gays have been the catalyst for most all issues dealing with equality. Observe social change and you will probably find a gay person there at the center. Mose likely it was lesbian feminists who championed most the cause of woman's rights... We can thank gays for the positive changes the have made America and the world great... Would the world be the same place without gays? Would the human race have survived?
RexRed

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 11:27 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

And he's no "lady." More like a virgin girl.

LOL Smile
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 11:36 am
@RexRed,
Wow great reply I never heard of it explained like that but it does seem true. It does seem that when your rights are attacked by others you seem to gain a greater sense of right and wrong.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 12:54 pm
I wanna ask a question to those of you that arent gay and think that gay marriage is somehow wrong.

WHY??????

How does gays being allowed to marry affect you?
Are you afraid that a gay person will propose to you?

I think all of you need to grow up and realize that everyone has rights, you cant pick and choose what rights you want people to have.
spendius

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 01:45 pm
@mysteryman,
Quote:
How does gays being allowed to marry affect you?

I have given a number reasons already on this thread mm how it might affect married people and those intending to be married: using the word in the sense it is used in 45 states. And most of the civilised world.

I have probably not covered the whole range but I think the main points are there. I have given reasons also how it might effect them as well as affect them. The question has been asked a number of times already on here as I imagine it has in other debates. That's because it is the first thing that springs to everybody's mind when they have no sensible arguments to make for their case.

To find a one word answer I would go for "Aaaaaaargh!!!!!" as used in comics when ordinary words lack sufficient emphasis.

Don't you think it would be more respectful of an A2K debate about a serious matter to read the thread before interrupting with such an obvious banality?

Quote:
Are you afraid that a gay person will propose to you?

If there was a book of the affects and effects that heterosexuals feel about this matter that reason would be in the last chapter entitled "Other matters". Possibly an appendix. It's almost as if a fear of being proposed to by a person of the same sex will be allayed by Prop 8 being reversed. It won't in my case. In fact it might make the fear more acute. If we all agree not to be frightened we will have nothing further to fear.

Are you feeling alright?

Quote:
I think all of you need to grow up and realize that everyone has rights, you cant pick and choose what rights you want people to have.

But we do. All the time. The collective does it. Voting and other stuff. It's the only way for us to get any rights at all. A dictatorship offers no rights. Rules yes for efficiency. Especially one with no respect for Christian tradition. And anarchy offers no rights obviously. No rules either.

Doing a Politics major is no use when you should be watching politicians in action. It's like cricket. If you did a cricket major and after you had been top of the class and won the prize of a holiday in Australia to watch the Ashes series next winter when you got there you would be best to ask a seasoned member of the Barmy Army to explain the game to you. I think that's a fair comparison.

Quote:
everyone has rights, you cant pick and choose what rights you want people to have.

If that is the sort of thing that helped to getting top marks one can anybody say? It's completely stupid.

As of now Prop 8 is still standing I believe. I will think it has been overturned when I read about the next homosexual ceremony in an official building. It was a bad mistake for the homosexual couples to rush down to where the cameras were gathered when they thought the green light had been given. The scenes were on the News here. With that sort of eagerness on display, whether it was to get "married" or to be on TV I don't know, we now know that until there is such a ceremony Prop 8 still stands. The collective, to which we owe what rights we do have, decided it in a free vote in one of the most sophisticated electorates in the world.

You can't use the word "you" like that in this case. None of us do pick and choose what rights people should have. The collective does. And if you're saying the collective can't where are you going.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 02:16 pm
@RexRed,
Homosexuality is like a rainbow there are many shades and hues the make up the whole picture... It is not just black and white, like, i will or will not have a gay offspring. For instance when a straight guy acts feminine is that not also reprehensible in your book? And when a straight teen insults a feminine gay teen is he not attacking women and femininity indirectly? And when a straight man attacks a woman is that considered ok in your book? When a woman asserts herself in a masculine way like becoming a wrestler or joining the military is that also not wrong in your eyes? Your posts are by far the most ignorant and idiotic posts so far in this forum. It is apparent you wrote them to hurt gays and you know what, I could care less what comes out of your pea brain it is apparent you are just an jerk... errr, Foofie... something terrible has tangled into your DNA... Your thoughts on this matter need to be exterminated...

OLD POST I do see your point Rex red. I very well may be wrong but just as there are gay people mainly neurological but also biological they are by nature and not by choice. There are also people like Foofie for the same reasons as listed above are who they are. "Think that they have absolute answers of how things should be" It could be just as hard to make them have a better ethical view of this subject as it would be to get a gay person that never had sexual desires for women to start liking women. I do realise that foofie's thinking could be enviromental [psychology]. In my opinion for one to see things with clear reason one would have to forgive foofie just as you would hope that people would forgive you for who you are and not impose their beliefs on how you should live your life. I do realise it is hard to over look when you know that they are going to the voteing booths to take away your rights. ethics evolve. His ethics are not perfect and neither or yours nor mine. I am not religious but I do think jesus had it right when he said "love your enemy". I do not know how christains could interpret that to mean "take away their rights". I am not saying love them to the point that you are vunerable and they stab you in the back but to forgive them for their ignorance and continue to make the world a better place how ever you can.

NEW POST The reason I think we should be careful not to react with emotional responses is, because from studies and research that I have done seems to show Basically what happens is one or more members of a conversation get overwhelmed “flooded” with emotions during an argument and often the other person keeps pushing and pushing for resolution. Finally the person that is flooded (literally with adrenaline) snaps and losses the ability to think rationally…basically the frontal lobe shuts down and the person enters survival mode. Ironically the verbal expressions that remain most intact are cuss words and the last coherent thought they had remains which is often repeated over and over. People who are usually cordial, gentle and kind become unrecognizable. I do think this may apply to all of us as we may be suseptical, as we are not always contious to the emotional state that we may be in. All I am saying is that I think we should try and keep cool and be kind if we are looking for a greater chance of not flooding another person.

0 Replies

failures art

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 04:26 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cyclo - I think you've got it right.

When I look forward, I see many battles left. I think that the tide has turned though. I can't imagine our society going backwards.

I'll probably have to tell my kids about what it was like before. They won't understand.

It will be like when I try to imagine what it would have been like before interracial marriage was legal. The bigots fell from their towers or hid their racist views away in shame.

A
R
T
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 04:53 pm
@failures art,
That's true; most polls now show that the younger generation approve of gay marriage; it's the older folks who have never grown up who still believes homosexuals are dangerous to our society.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 05:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yes I do think you are both correct. people's views are changing. I do think that after another 100 years or so that to question weather gays should be able to have the same rights, will compare similar to weather blacks should have the same rights as whites.
spendius

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 05:27 pm
@reasoning logic,
You think blacks have the same rights as whites do you? Blimey. Are you blind and deaf as well as stupid?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 05:30 pm
@spendius,
Blimey, you can't even read. rl wrote:
Quote:
...will compare similar to weather blacks should have the same rights as whites.

He didn't say they do.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 05:39 pm
@spendius,
spendi wrote,
Quote:
"how it might affect married people"
is not proof nor evidence. You're making statements you cannot support.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 05:39 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I know he didn't. He gave the impression that in 100 years it will be as silly and evil to discriminate against homosexuals, as homosexuals discriminate against heterosexuals in their club and bar recruitment, as it is seen now to discriminate against blacks. Which is to say that he thinks homosexuals in 100 years will be as discriminated against as blacks are now.

Not much confidence in your movement has he? By your own admission.

And I don't see how "weather" is a typo.