I Did Not Support Obama

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 07:46 am
I had doubts about him... he did grow on me as the campaign went on... the addition of Sara Palin to the GOP ticket gave me the final push to get behind him with genuine conviction. I never thought in my wildest dreams he would win in the landslide he did. I thought he might squeak out a victory.... I hoped he would win...but this was a definite passing of the torch to new thought and a rejection of old behaviors. I didn't think it was possible for ANYONE to put even the smallest dent in my cynicism....but perhaps....perhaps. I am happy for the country, and look forward to being proven 100% wrong in my doubts about this man. That's that hope thing.

Having said that... we got into the situation we are in because absolute power corrupts absolutely and now the dems have absolute power. While we are being hopeful let us be sensible and keep an eye on these new Lords of power as we should and be involved.

rosborne979

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 07:50 am
Elections every two and four years. As long as the population is willing to mobilize for elections Washington can not control us; we control them.

Lots of news was made in this election, not the least of which was voter turnout.

0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 07:50 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I'm with you, Bear.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 07:58 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Good to see you hopeful, Bear.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 08:00 am
Quote:
Having said that... we got into the situation we are in because absolute power corrupts absolutely and now the dems have absolute power. While we are being hopeful let us be sensible and keep an eye on these new Lords of power as we should and be involved.

I agree, the last thing we need is a total 180 degree turn just for the sake of being in a position to do it. I hope Obama leads the democrats in congress in the same pragmatic way he led his presidential campaign.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 08:02 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Now you've got what you wished for.

The fact that the Dems have been in control for the last two years, which have been the real years from hell, seems to be beside the point.

Any yes, bear, now you can marry your horse.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 08:11 am
@cjhsa,
The dems haven't been in control and therefore have been unable to get anything done. That will change on Jan. 20, 2009. then we'll see what happens.

If I were you and had half the balls you pose as having....I'd be leading the armed revolution. Not much chance of that.

And yes, cj, you can continue to **** yourself with your rifle. Wink
eoe

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 11:44 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bear, you and I fell out behind this election. I believed in Obama's message and couldn't understand why you were behind Hillary Clinton and so adamant in your refusal to see that he stood for so much more than she and the others. Too much was at stake and as hip and as cool and progressive as you appeared to be, in my mind you were, as so many others on this site, a closet racist who refused to accept a man of color in such a position and with much disappointment, I wrote you off.

I still don't have much to say for Hillary Clinton and the tactics she and her husband attempted during the primaries but I know graciousness when I see it and you have indeed been gracious in your gradual acceptance of Obama. And because it was gradual and not just some quick flipflop, it appeared genuine and sincere to me. He had to grow on you and you were open to letting that happen.

I know you were plenty disappointed in me too. You told me so. But now I ask that we put it all behind us. It's a new day and when that guy around the corner from my house brings up his buddy again"you know the one"I still want you to come down here and kick his ass for me. Will you do that?

http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/2930/handshakech2.png
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 11:52 am
@eoe,
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((BEAR HUG)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 11:58 am
@eoe,
I agree, sorry for any harsh words bear.

Cheers
Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 12:18 pm
@eoe,
Quote:
in my mind you were, as so many others on this site, a closet racist who refused to accept a man of color in such a position and with much disappointment, I wrote you off.

I hope you see now that this type of response is WHY it took so long for many people to support Obama. It's hard to be accepting when you're being labeled as something as disgusting as a "closet racist".

Even reading this now (even though it's directed at BPB) pisses me off again.
Butrflynet

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 03:16 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
If you didn't already hear it, you'll be interested in hearing Nancy Pelosi's press conference this morning on the subject that concerns you.

rtsp://video1.c-span.org/archive/c08/c08_110508_pelosi.rm
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 03:49 pm
@eoe,
So a left handed, you are a racist but I forgive you, attack is suppossed to bring us together. I think bpb said it before. It wasent Obama who I wasent crazy about as much as his supporters who put down anyone who dident agree with them and as I see it nothing has changed. Dont trust any politicians even the second comeing. Lets see who he has to pay off for the support he has gotten before we anoint him.
maporsche

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 03:53 pm
@rabel22,
A lot of us feel/felt that way (re: his supporters). Let's wait and see what happens though (like we have a choice).
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 05:39 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

I hope you see now that this type of response is WHY it took so long for many people to support Obama. It's hard to be accepting when you're being labeled as something as disgusting as a "closet racist".

Even reading this now (even though it's directed at BPB) pisses me off again.

Not to yank the scab off but, I STILL don't understand how anyone but a racist, closeted or out-front, could have supported Hillary Clinton with all of her lies and woven fairy tales of experience, not to mention that fake-ass John Edwards. I will never understand it, whether that's right or wrong, so, just like you wanna be pissed off again, I could easily go that route as well but, I won't. I accept that there are just some things in this world not to be understood by everyone, for whatever reason, and Bear and I are cool now so, I'm content to leave it at that.

I also want to thank squinney for not cussin' me out. Very Happy
ehBeth

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 05:43 pm
@eoe,
You're certainly grand with the back-hand there. My oh my.
maporsche

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 05:44 pm
@ehBeth,
I know right?

[bangs my head against the wall for the 3,000 time today]
FreeDuck

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 05:46 pm
@maporsche,
Here's a broom. There's the rug. You know what to do.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 05:50 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

You're certainly grand with the back-hand there. My oh my.

Don't get me wrong darlin'. When i say there are just some things that won't be understood by everyone (or something like that) I do include myself as well. Who died and made me "the wisest one" on A2K??? Never claimed it, never will.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 05:55 pm
@eoe,
Unbelievable. I tried to be gracious and you come back to say that even though we're cool now I still have to be a racist for supporting Hillary?