Attractive parents have more daughters. And ugly sons.

DrewDad

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 10:03 am
Attractive fathers do not pass their looks on to sons

Quote:
Psychologists have found that while both parents influence the attractiveness of their daughters, male attractiveness is not inherited.

The theory suggests it is not unusual for attractive parents to produce a beautiful daughter while failing to pass on the same good looks to a son.

Earlier research in America found that attractive parents were 26 per cent more likely to have a daughter than a son as their first child

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,265 • Replies: 3
No top replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 10:14 am
@DrewDad,
Interesting. I'd consider myself average looking. My wife is quite pretty. Our kids are knockouts - all three, two girls and a boy.

There was a couple who had twin girls on my younger daughter's JV soccer team. They guy could have passed for Jim Palmer and his (ex) wife was about 6' tall, model thin, and gorgeous. Their two girls were about as ugly as the two of them could have possibly produced.

So, just sayin....
FreeDuck

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 10:22 am
@DrewDad,
But a mother could pass on her attractive father's genes to her son, right?

I find this interesting. I am one of 5 daughters and two sons. I guess my parents must have been fairly attractive in their day.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 11:28 am
@cjhsa,
My cousin and her first husband had three kids. Both parties in the couple were very attractive, especially the husband.

The first two kids looked like their father, and were stunning. The youngest boy looked like a monkey. I used to feel so sorry for him, being an ugly duckling in a family of swans.

When the youngest boy matured, he became a "hunk", and worked in TV commercials. Whooda thunkit!
0 Replies