'too close to call'

Diest TKO

Thu 30 Oct, 2008 08:32 am
@H2O MAN,
RCP has Obama still right at 50%. It's not as if much is happening in Obama's numbers as much as the variance in McCain's numbers. Independents are polling in a double digits margin pro-Obama. State polls still strong for Obama too.

I think the 30 minute special helped Obama.

I'm getting to the point where I wonder how you'll react if Obama wins? Something tells me, you'll run to your computer and tell us that McCain just won in a landslide.

T
K
O
H2O MAN

Thu 30 Oct, 2008 08:35 am
@Diest TKO,

Keep telling yourself whatever it takes to make you happy so that you can continue to avoid reality.
Diest TKO

Thu 30 Oct, 2008 08:48 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Keep telling yourself whatever it takes to make you happy so that you can continue to avoid reality.

If Obama wins, it's just going to feel good knowing you're throwing a fit somewhere.

T
K
O
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Thu 30 Oct, 2008 08:54 am
Obama WILL win and H2OMan will drown himself in brine.
Diest TKO

Thu 30 Oct, 2008 09:03 am
@gustavratzenhofer,
I take it all back... Maybe Obama is the messiah.

T
K
O
H2O MAN

Thu 30 Oct, 2008 09:05 am
@Diest TKO,
I would say that TKO the scarecrow has been brainwashed, but that's impossible.
0 Replies

squinney

Thu 30 Oct, 2008 12:18 pm
http://primebuzz.kcstar.com/?q=node/15391

Quote:
Obama lead over McCain growing, though still tight, new poll shows
Barack Obama has edged further ahead of John McCain in the more conservative version of the latest Gallup daily tracking poll.

The poll would not yet reflect reaction to Obama's half-hour infomercial on four networks Wednesday night.

But, with as many as a third of votes expected to have been cast before the election, McCain is fast losing the chance to change minds.

If they need changing, of course. Today in real paper, we noted that a full two-thirds of registered voters called by pollsters refuse to take the polls, and no one knows why that is, and whether they would break down similarly to those who agree to polling.
The poll, which has been using two methods of trying to predict likely voters, shows Obama with a five point, or 50 percent to 45 percent lead over McCain among voters who both say they are likely to vote, and who have voted in the past.

Among what the poll calls an expanded likely voter method, registered voters who say they are likely to vote, Obama for the third straight day maintained a 51 percent - 44 percent lead over McCain.

The poll's margin for error is +/- 3 points for the traditional method, and +/- 2 for the expanded method. It's a national poll, so doesn't tell anything about where electoral votes would stand.

Emphasis mine. I wonder why they would refuse? Inundated with robo-calls and polling would be my guess. Bear has a landline for business purposes that I know had to have rung 50 times last week with such aggrivating calls. I finally answered one poll. Not sure who was calling/polling on that one.
H2O MAN

Mon 3 Nov, 2008 07:38 am
@squinney,

McCain's lead continues to grow and the skinny black guy is facing a real problem
getting the youth he worked so hard to impress to actually visit the voting booths.
parados

Mon 3 Nov, 2008 07:46 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

McCain's lead continues to grow and the skinny black guy is facing a real problem
getting the youth he worked so hard to impress to actually visit the voting booths.

Yep, McCain's lead has gone from -5 up to -7. He will probably win by -20% at this rate, H2OMAN.
H2O MAN

Mon 3 Nov, 2008 08:01 am
@parados,

Find a poll that tells you those lies and stick with it.
No reason for you to consider any other polls.
gungasnake

Mon 3 Nov, 2008 08:03 am
@Diest TKO,
Quote:
My biggest beef with the democrats is that while there platform seems to be more inline with the majority of the USA, they do such a poor job of showing up at the polls.

Ever consider how hard it's gonna be to get to the polls after you die???
Diest TKO

Mon 3 Nov, 2008 10:49 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Quote:
My biggest beef with the democrats is that while there platform seems to be more inline with the majority of the USA, they do such a poor job of showing up at the polls.

Ever consider how hard it's gonna be to get to the polls after you die???

Excellent question gunga. I realize it's going to be significantly more difficult to get to the polls once I have expired. Good thing for early voting! I could get shot today, and my vote would still be Obama. :-P

I must also add that after reading up on some things, I think the democrats finally figured it out on getting voters to show up. Whereas the republicans were really smart and for years now have gone after the absentee ballots, democrats have more or less done the same by encouraging early voting.

T
K
Oh and I'm not scared of your little internet tough guy act. Shoot me.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Mon 3 Nov, 2008 10:52 am
@H2O MAN,
Not as many as repub fixers in florida in 2000....but then it's all a matter of perspective isn't it?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Mon 3 Nov, 2008 10:58 am
@H2O MAN,
http://www.jasonpye.com/images/zom_mccain.gif
0 Replies

squinney

Mon 3 Nov, 2008 11:17 am
Quote:

2.6 million ballots cast early in North Carolina

Posted: Nov. 2 1:47 p.m.
Updated: 15 minutes ago

RALEIGH, N.C. " More than 2.6 million people " or about 42 percent of registered voters " have already cast a ballot in North Carolina, with turnout heavy among blacks and registered Democrats in a trend that could favor Barack Obama.

Obama, who plans to visit Charlotte on Monday, has focused much of his attention on getting voters to the polls before Election Day in this surprise swing state. So far, his efforts appear successful: State Board of Elections data shows that 52 percent of people who have voted are enrolled as Democrats, while 30 percent are enrolled as Republicans.

By comparison, about 46 percent of all registered voters in the state are declared Democrats, while 32 percent are listed with the GOP. In 2004, the gap in early voting between parties was only 12 percentage points in favor of Democrats, compared with the 22-point split this year.

State Board of Elections director Gary Bartlett said such a strong turnout in early voting has eased concerns of an overwhelming Election Day. The state had initially anticipated as many as 3 million people would vote on Tuesday, an estimate now scaled back to about 2 million because of the surge of early voters.

"We've got a little breathing room," Bartlett said. "But certainly I've stopped trying to pick. We're part of history, and I guess we'll see what Election Day brings."

About 2.4 million voters cast a ballot on Election Day in 2004.

Bartlett's estimate of about 4.6 million total voters would mark a turnout of 74 percent of those registered. Four years ago, 64 percent went to the polls.

"By historical standards, you would figure it would be around the standard 65 percent at the most," said Hunter Bacot, the polling director at Elon University. "To see it tipping toward three-quarters is remarkable."

http://www.wral.com/news/state/story/3875972/
0 Replies