'too close to call'

H2O MAN

Wed 29 Oct, 2008 06:13 am
My personal thoughts and observations:

Obama is so close to losing this election. The polls reflect this change.

Chances are real good that McCain can and will pull off a come from behind victory.

Maybe voters have decided substance and experience are important when choosing a president.

Maybe McCain and Palin have been successful spreading common sense around.

Republicans vote November 4th
Democrats vote November 5th Wink

Woiyo9

Wed 29 Oct, 2008 06:48 am
@H2O MAN,
Election Day, Wednesday November 4th.

Be there!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Wed 29 Oct, 2008 06:51 am
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
Republicans vote November 4th
Democrats vote November 5th

Cute. At least someone still has a sence of humor about all this bullshit. Wink
You know, there are some people who'd actually believe that. Scary, isn't it, that we let them vote?
Diest TKO

Wed 29 Oct, 2008 07:01 am
@Bella Dea,
I can't argue here. My biggest beef with the democrats is that while there platform seems to be more inline with the majority of the USA, they do such a poor job of showing up at the polls. If Obama doesn't win, I'll attribute the outcome directly to specifically democrat turnout to vote. If that's the case, maybe it's for the better for Obama: why should he be working so hard for the least desirable position in the world when people can't just take their ass to the polls. They wouldn't be worthy of his efforts.

However, my cynicism is tamed by how well Obama has got the message out to go and vote early coupled with a general message about civic responsibility and not being overconfident.

Today, on the ride home from work, I decided that I no matter how much I wanted to be a part of November 4th, I have a greater desire to contribute as a citizen to the country. Typically the way we contribute to the governance is by voting, but I feel that now I can contribute a little more to my fellow Virginian by going early on Monday and voting. Perhaps, I'll be able to get some friends to come along too. For my friends that don't come, I'll be able to at least let them know things about what to expect (paper or touch screen) in terms of the ballot.

My vote will have the same worth, but my actions may help others both republican and democrat. I can feel good about that.

T
K
O
H2O MAN

Wed 29 Oct, 2008 07:06 am
@Diest TKO,

Obama is encouraging all of his supporters to take next Wednesday off from work and vote for him.
Pack a lunch, the lines should be extremely long.

Diest TKO

Wed 29 Oct, 2008 07:15 am
@H2O MAN,
That's too cute Kevin, but Obama is telling his supporters to vote early or take TUESDAY off to vote.

I'll be going on Monday, and I have work off on both days already as it is. I don't care about lines, I care about my vote. I'll gladly pack a lunch.

T
K
O
0 Replies

gungasnake

Wed 29 Oct, 2008 07:30 am
@Diest TKO,
Quote:
I can't argue here. My biggest beef with the democrats is that while there platform seems to be more inline with the majority of the USA, they do such a poor job of showing up at the polls.

The dems don't have any sort of a believable constituency; the only thing they even claim to be good at is representing 'victims' and they seek to create victims where nature does not provide them. Other than that, they are clearly willing to do any amount of damage to this country to gain power over it.
gungasnake

Wed 29 Oct, 2008 07:33 am
Gallup has it at two points this morning before you even start to talk about Bradley, Doug Wilder, or PUMAs.
Diest TKO

Wed 29 Oct, 2008 09:01 am
@gungasnake,
You sound so desperate these days gunga. You've certainly got more pistol ammunition than intellectual ammunition. I guess you can fire both into the air in futility.

Too bad you aim sucks with the intellectual bullets.
K
O
H2O MAN

Wed 29 Oct, 2008 04:01 pm
@Diest TKO,

The liberal left is desperate.
Obama's campaign funding is largely illegal and derived from multiple credit card scams.
Most of the money is spent on TV ads in a desperate attempt to convince the dumbmasses that Obama is something that he is not.
I can understand why some black Americans would vote for Obama, but I am baffled as to why anyone else would support this guy.
Cycloptichorn

Wed 29 Oct, 2008 04:06 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Gallup has it at two points this morning before you even start to talk about Bradley, Doug Wilder, or PUMAs.

To begin, Gallup has Obama +3, not +2 - under the TRADITIONAL likely voter model. Increased turnout, such as what we have seen in early voting, puts him about +6.

More importantly, though; the gallup tracking numbers don't mean ****, Gunga, b/c it's not a national ballot. The electoral college is what matters, and in states where Obama leads by a polling average of 8 points or more, Obama has more than 270 EV's already. That doesn't count swing states, even though he is leading in almost all of those too.

Nice try to buck yourself up tho. Obama is much farther ahead at this point than Bush was in either '00 or '04.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Wed 29 Oct, 2008 04:15 pm
@Bella Dea,
Quote:

Scary, isn't it, that we let them vote?

When I was a kid, I resented my being disenfranchized.
Back then u had to be 21.
I went out and worked for Republican candidates.
I found very widespread ignorance of the most elementary issues
in the campaigns.

Everyone shoud be able to vote who passes
a simple test
qua the fundamental issues in the campaigns,
and knowing who is running for office.

David
Cycloptichorn

Wed 29 Oct, 2008 04:16 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Lol, trust me when I say, David, that the Republicans do not want there to be any sort of 'test' involved with voting, period.

Cycloptichorn
H2O MAN

Thu 30 Oct, 2008 04:33 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Momentum shifts to McCain.
More people trust McCain to handle the economy than Obama.

Some of the masses seem to be waking up Mr. Green
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Thu 30 Oct, 2008 04:47 am
@Cycloptichorn,
No, that 's a factual errror, Cyclo.
If u r impugning the relative literacy
of GOP v. Demo voters, that notion is not accurate.

David
0 Replies

squinney

Thu 30 Oct, 2008 05:13 am
Hundreds of thousands have taken advantage of early voting here in NC. The exit polls are showing Obama at 69% of those.

I went with my daughter for her first presidential voting experience on Monday. The guy asked if I was voting too. I said I like to vote on the actual day of the election. He said "You and a million others. Are you sure you don't want to vote now?"

So, I did.

NC now has around twice as many registered Dems as Repubs.
H2O MAN

Thu 30 Oct, 2008 05:18 am
@squinney,
How many ACORN nuts are in the mix there in NC?
Diest TKO

Thu 30 Oct, 2008 06:07 am
@squinney,
I suspect the large margin for Obama is due to the fact that Obama has been really good about the vote early message. I expect that to tighten. I think that more republicans will show up on Tuesday (rather than vote early). If PA and VA stay blue, and NC or FL go blue, I'll call the election in favor of Obama. The problem is that exit polls on Tues will probably be really crazy. Compound that with what I imagine to be huge lines and we may have a very interesting formula. Many republicans may end up wishing that they had voted early.

It's not unlikely that we might not know for a few days or rather confirm what we suspect.

T
K
O
H2O MAN

Thu 30 Oct, 2008 06:22 am
@Diest TKO,

What large margin?

The current trends favor McCain & Palin.
Diest TKO

Thu 30 Oct, 2008 06:56 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

What large margin?

The current trends favor McCain & Palin.

The margin refers to the 69% exit polling in NC. I cannot believe you are this dumb sometimes. What trend are you talking about? Provide a source to back up your nonsense or go back to your sandbox.

T
K
O