Obama - Constitution's "fundamental flaw"

Woiyo9

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 01:42 pm
@old europe,
Excellent double speak .

However, does not answer the basic question which is "Exactly what are the fundamental flaws in today's constitution".

I know you can not (or won't) answer it so maybe I'll call up that TV reporter in Florida and have her ask Joe Biden.

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 01:44 pm
@Woiyo9,
Better yet, send Joe the Plumber. He might have better access. Smile
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 01:46 pm
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo9 wrote:

Excellent double speak .

However, does not answer the basic question which is "Exactly what are the fundamental flaws in today's constitution".

I know you can not (or won't) answer it so maybe I'll call up that TV reporter in Florida and have her ask Joe Biden.

What you are asking is basically an opinion question.

If you ask a Lib like me, I'd say that a Right to Privacy should be enumerated explicitly.

A Conservative might put a Marriage definition or stronger property rights (think Kelo) on the list.

The point is that the Constitution isn't the end-all, be-all of what is Correct and Incorrect. It has had to be amended over time and likely will be again.

Cycloptichorn
old europe

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 01:55 pm
@Woiyo9,
Well, it's easy to reach the conclusion that he's not talking about today's Constitution. Obama is talking about the "original Constitution". He's talking about "the Colonial culture nascent at that time". He's talking about the concerns of the Framers of he Constitution.

I'm sure we can agree that at least this part refers to the original Constitution and to the times when it was drafted.

Now, Obama is talking about these problems of these times, problems that were reflected in the original Constituion, and then continues to say that this "reflected an enormous blind spot in this culture that carries on until this day".

You go from there and claim that he said that there are "fundamental flaws in today's constitution". However, you can't point to where he said that, because he didn't say that. It's merely your interpretation of his words.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 01:57 pm
@Woiyo9,
Quote:
"Exactly what are the fundamental flaws in today's constitution."

I don't see anywhere in the text you posted where Obama stated that there are fundamental flaws in today's constitution. Why would you ask that loaded question?

He stated that he thinks it's an imperfect document, and that it is a document that reflects some deep flaws in American culture, and that reflected the fundamental flaw of this country that continues to this day.

Woiyo9, why do you hate America?
Woiyo9

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 02:18 pm
@InfraBlue,
Why are you trying to twist a perfectly structured English sentence made by Obama into something else then ATTACK ME FOR BEING ANTI AMERICAN???

Nice try but your attempt to smear the questioner is no different than Joe Biden attacking the Reporter for asking a question.

When you grow up and have the ability to comprehend a question, come back to us.

Until then, go back to your little room.
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 02:25 pm
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo9 wrote:

Why are you trying to twist a perfectly structured English sentence made by Obama into something else then ATTACK ME FOR BEING ANTI AMERICAN???

Nice try but your attempt to smear the questioner is no different than Joe Biden attacking the Reporter for asking a question.

When you grow up and have the ability to comprehend a question, come back to us.

balogne, woiyo. you are being purposely obteuse. you understand what he was talking about, but you are desperate like some others to make the guy out as un-american.

and by doing so, show that you have no conception of what america is about.

here's a hint; it ain't about living in the past.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 02:28 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Woiyo9, why do you hate America?

Why do you and Obama hate America?
kickycan

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 02:38 pm
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo9 wrote:

Wow, you are really impressing me with how obtuse and stupid you can be. I thought you were kind of stupid before, but over the past couple months, you've really stepped up your game. At this rate, by election day you should be poised to dethrone H20_MAN as king of the dipshits on A2K. I think you're already very close to taking the number two spot from cjhsa. The three of you are in a real tight race for the title, and I'm pretty sure H20_MAN can't be topped, but I'm rooting for you, Woiyo! Now quick, go out and find some more totally bogus chain e-mails to cut and paste!
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 02:46 pm
@kickycan,
Laughing x 1000

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 04:38 pm
@kuvasz,
Quote:
and don't lie about being on lunch break you, posted at 8;53 am.

I go to work at 4 AM, so at 8:53 AM I am on lunch.
InfraBlue

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 04:53 pm
@Woiyo9,
Quote:
Where in the text that you quote does Obama state that "there are fundamental flaws in today's constitution"?

If he didn't state that "there are fundamental flaws in today's constitution," then why would you ask him the loaded question, "Exactly what are the fundamental flaws in today's constitution," other than to attack him, and put him on the defensive?

Quote:
I made no assertions, I merely asked a question. Questions are neither statements, nor declarations nor assertions. Questions are inquiries. The inquiry I made to you was a loaded one, just like the inquiry that that reporter posed to Joe Biden. Just like the question you pose to Obama. Your reaction, understandably, is similar to Joe Biden's.
Your question, the reporter's question and my question to you can understandably be taken as attacks, and smears. If you have no qualm attacking and smearing Obama with your question, then you shouldn't have a qualm about me attacking and smearing you with my question.

Quote:
I do comprehend your question. It's a loaded one, just like the reporter's you mention, just like the one I posed to you.

Do you comprehend your own question?

Quote:
I had to go out for groceries, but I'm back in my little room now, thank you.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 07:34 pm
@mysteryman,
Quote:

gee dude, that would be right to criticize me, but i wasn't responding to your post, but someone else's who admitted posting while at work, so what exactly is your point? btw since you said you drive a truck i would assume that even you would not be so stupid to text while driving down the road, but you never know with you guys.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 08:34 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Why do you and Obama hate America?

take that bullshit and get thee back to 2004, ya pagan.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 08:38 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

Quote:
and don't lie about being on lunch break you, posted at 8;53 am.

yeah, but i suspect you actually work when you're on the clock. unlike some others i could name. Laughing
0 Replies

Woiyo9

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 09:26 am
@kickycan,
**** off asshole!

You are no more useful than 2 handles on a piss-pot.
0 Replies

Old School

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 03:34 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
We should be striving to all be protected by the original document as one people now. Even Jefferson said we conquered this land. Native Americans had wars. Native Africans sold slaves on the shores. The point here is to move away from the mistakes of the old world, not fight amongst ourselves. Every brand of hairless monkey on this planet has done things, good, and bad. Conquest, Military dictatorships, Monarchies, and Theocracies. These are to fall away as we realize the dream of our founders. The realization of the human condition is not meant as an apology for past transgression, but as a path to a better future. That was the Idea of the U.S. Constitution. That they realized that all men were created equal. It was path away from past mistakes. People do not change en-mass overnight, it took decades. We are still changing and it will not be overnight. We need to be on the same team, and make intelligent clear arguments when we disagree that will foster debate, not fights. Yeah, I skipped the Obama question.
0 Replies

lizzpear

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 04:29 pm
@Woiyo9,
He's talking about prejudice, you idiot!! Are you really that stupid?
0 Replies