Obama - Constitution's "fundamental flaw"

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2008 07:02 pm
@kuvasz,
kuvasz wrote:

yeah. one hell of a work ethic these white folk have.

yeah, act like the world owes 'em a living.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 01:38 am
So, it looks like Oboy has openly embraced communism.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 01:40 am
Does this mean that if the Demos had their way,
then we 'd have to evacuate America
(as the Cubans had to flee from Cuba)
and take refuge in Russia, to avoid communism ?
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 05:31 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Nope. It means free Americans need to evacuate the Demos.
cjhsa

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 05:34 am
@kuvasz,
Hey dumbass, I'm salaried - I work 24x7..... so shut the **** up and stay the hell away from me. I will retaliate.
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 10:08 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Nope. It means free Americans need to evacuate the Demos.

so you do not believe in democracy?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 10:18 am
@cjhsa,
cjhsa wrote:

Hey dumbass, I'm salaried - I work 24x7..... so shut the **** up and stay the hell away from me. I will retaliate.

What, you're going to call him a poopy head?

I don't think your threats of 'retaliation' are all that scary, cj.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Woiyo9

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 10:36 am
"I think it’s a remarkable document…

The original Constitution as well as the Civil War Amendments…but I think it is an imperfect document, and I think it is a document that reflects some deep flaws in American culture, the Colonial culture nascent at that time.

African-Americans were not " first of all they weren’t African-Americans " the Africans at the time were not considered as part of the polity that was of concern to the Framers. I think that as Richard said it was a ‘nagging problem’ in the same way that these days we might think of environmental issues, or some other problem where you have to balance cost-benefits, as opposed to seeing it as a moral problem involving persons of moral worth.

And in that sense, I think we can say that the Constitution reflected an enormous blind spot in this culture that carries on until this day, and that the Framers had that same blind spot. I don’t think the two views are contradictory, to say that it was a remarkable political document that paved the way for where we are now, and to say that it also reflected the fundamental flaw of this country that continues to this day.

http://crystalclearconservative.wordpress.com/2008/10/27/obama-us-constitution-reflects-the-fundamental-flaw-of-this-country-that-continues-to-this-day/

Guess what kind of Federal Judges this guy will bring forward?

Reflects flaws in our culture?

Such as freedom to keep what your earn?
Such as freedom of opportunity?
Such as freedom of speech?

Exactly what flaws is this clown referring to?
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 11:29 am
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo9 wrote:

Exactly what flaws is this clown referring to?

the kind that allowed white men to kidnap, sell and buy black people. the kind that allowed white men to kill red people,take their land and force the ones left to live in poverty.

or do you not think those allowances were flaws?
Woiyo9

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 11:33 am
@DontTreadOnMe,
WOW. We still allow that? I better hide!!

Just so you know, there are LAW THAT MAKE THAT ACTIVITY ILLEGAL!!!!
kuvasz

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 11:36 am
@cjhsa,
cjhsa squawked
Quote:

really? you ran away from me like a pussy when twice i offered to meet you face to face, and now you want to threaten me with retaliation?

what a big-mouthed, cowardly punk, threatening violence when he gets caught being a shiftless lazy bastard.

btw being salaried is no excuse for playing on the job from which you draw a paycheck, you are affectively stealing money from your company if you are sitting at work while posting on this site, and if your employer knew you'd on the welfare line.

hey maybe i'll retaliate on you by finding out your employer and documenting the hours you are posting to a2k when you are supposed to be working.

you think being a gun nut will save your job then?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 11:37 am
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo9 wrote:

Yeah, but the Constitution didn't recognize those laws. It had to be amended to do so. Therefore, it's quite fair to say that the document had some fundamental flaws in it, which we have worked to repair over time.

In other words, this whole criticism of Obama is ridiculous.

Cycloptichorn
Woiyo9

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 11:58 am
@Cycloptichorn,
WRONG!!!!! Maybe Obama was reading an old version that did not reflect those amendments.

I want to know from Obama exactly what is still flawed in the US Constitution.
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 12:01 pm
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo9 wrote:

don't be an idiot. we're talking about the original and un-amended constitution here.

jesus, you don't even grasp the context of this thread, but you're right there throwing b.s. all over it. <sighhhhhhh...>
Woiyo9

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 12:09 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
That is not what Obama is talking about.

Here is part of his quote..."but I think it is an imperfect document, and I think it is a document that reflects some deep flaws in American culture"

So I would like to know exactly what part of the Constitution is still "flawed".

Is that too tough a question?

Am I allowed to question Obama's statements?
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 12:10 pm
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo9 wrote:
WRONG!!!!! Maybe Obama was reading an old version that did not reflect those amendments.

Hey, woiyo, did you see that bit in your post where it said "the original Constitution"? Right before the part that you marked in bold?

I think that it's safe to assume that he was talking about the original Constitution when he referred to "the original Constitution". And yes, that would probably count as "an old version that did not reflect those amendments".

Now, what exactly was your problem?
Woiyo9

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 12:37 pm
@old europe,
Yes I did. Did you also see the "..." between the text?

So for you who refuse to be objective, here is some more text that shows Obama is talking about the CURRENT Constitution.

"The original Constitution as well as the Civil War Amendments…but I think it is an imperfect document, and I think it is a document that reflects some deep flaws in American culture, the Colonial culture nascent at that time.

African-Americans were not " first of all they weren’t African-Americans " the Africans at the time were not considered as part of the polity that was of concern to the Framers. I think that as Richard said it was a ‘nagging problem’ in the same way that these days we might think of environmental issues, or some other problem where you have to balance cost-benefits, as opposed to seeing it as a moral problem involving persons of moral worth.

And in that sense, I think we can say that the Constitution reflected an enormous blind spot in this culture that carries on until this day, and that the Framers had that same blind spot. I don’t think the two views are contradictory, to say that it was a remarkable political document that paved the way for where we are now, and to say that it also reflected the fundamental flaw of this country that continues to this day.

http://crystalclearconservative.wordpress.com/2008/10/27/obama-us-constitution-reflects-the-fundamental-flaw-of-this-country-that-continues-to-this-day/

...THAT CARRIES ON UNTIL THIS DAY...

Try again. Explain EXACTLY what is still flawed in the Constitution.

old europe

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 12:47 pm
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo9 wrote:
Yes I did. Did you also see the "..." between the text?

Yes. I also went to the website you linked to and listened to the audio clip. Unless the person who posted the clip edited something out, I don't think the the "..." stands for anything other than a short pause Obama made right there.

The transcript lacks the questions by the interviewer, though. Here's the full context:

Quote:
Q: Barack Obama, what are your thoughts on the Declaration and Constitution?

A: You know, I think it's a remarkable document...

Q: Which one?

A: The original Constitution as well as the Civil War Amendments... but I think it is an imperfect document, and I think it is a document that reflects some deep flaws in American culture, the Colonial culture nascent at that time.

Seems like he was talking about "the original Constitution as well as the Civil War Amendments".

If you think he was talking about the current Constitution - what makes you think so?
Woiyo9

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 12:51 pm
@old europe,
THIS QUOTE I POSTED EARLIER!!!!!!!!!!!

And in that sense, I think we can say that the Constitution reflected an enormous blind spot in this culture that carries on until this day,

Geepers, what is wrong with you people?

Can you EVER address a simple question?
old europe

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 01:40 pm
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo9 wrote:

THIS QUOTE I POSTED EARLIER!!!!!!!!!!!

And in that sense, I think we can say that the Constitution reflected an enormous blind spot in this culture that carries on until this day,

Geepers, what is wrong with you people?

Can you EVER address a simple question?

Oh, that's what we're now talking about. Well, it seems he said that the original Constitution reflected a blind spot in regards to the rights of the native and black population - that the framers seemed to believe that everybody had certain unalienable rights, but that those rights didn't extend to the black population (which was treated as property) or the native population (which was treated as a subhuman class), and that the consequences of this dichotomy can still be seen today.

At least that's how I would take it.