OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 09:58 am
@parados,
Its a simple statement.
I had confidence that u were smart enuf to understand it.
U have proven me rong; I guess I can t be right ALL the time.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 08:44 pm
@Foxfyre,
Dont be obtuse foxy. You are the one who brought up a revelation that it "Is usually GOP signs that are stolen" and I said nicely, BULLSHIT. AS far as the racist meanings of spraying swastikas on a campaign poster, I guess I could be convinced that the disagreement that the sprayers had with the sprayee, was not necessarily related to the sprayees foreign policy stance or his economic plan. SO I can assume that it was probably intended to be more personal. If I were to see someone spray a swastika on any ehtnics banner (including mine, a member of a forced conversion jew family of Ukraine extraction), Id call that a racist act. but hey , thats only me, and I often take such cues the wrong way.

Ive never considered a swastika to be an intellectual POV, how bout you?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2008 05:43 am
@farmerman,
Quote:

Ive never considered a swastika to be an intellectual POV

It symbolized Hitler 's pattern of beliefs.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2008 05:54 am
@farmerman,
Quote:

a member of a forced conversion jew family of Ukraine extraction

If u don 't mind my asking,
I 'd like to inquire as to your choice of capitalization.
I 've noticed, over the years, that ofen Jews do not capitalize
the J, yet u did captialize Ukraine.

It woud not occur to me to call myself
an American without capitalizing the A.

May I know your reasoning ?
( just curious )

David
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2008 06:15 am

1 I believe that all religions are on equal albeit weak footing in logic and evidence, I sometimes cap a religion and sometimes I dont. Try not to read anything into it.

2I try to capitolize all countries' names. SOmetimes I miss cause Im not too anal about **** like that.

K?

0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 09:20 am
All I can say to Farmerman is that I live in my neighborhood and he doesn't. So he can 'bullshit' all he wants but just wanting to not believe that Republican signs are vandalized more than Democrat signs is nothing more than ideological wishful speculation on his part.

I in no way have defended vandalism of any kind, political or not. I do question that a swaztika spray painted on a sign is racist unless it is racist whenever it is spray painted on anything as it is generally the Republicans who the Democrats accuse of being Nazi or Nazi-like.

And I get really REALLY tired of virtually any criticism of Barack Obama in this election being judged to have racial overtones.

Meanwhile along this same theme:

Quote:
LONGWOOD, Fla. -- The home of a Central Florida Republican headquarters manager was shot up and damaged over his support of Sen. John McCain, the man told police.

Rog Coverely said several pellets pierced his Longwood home. Coverely showed several spiderwebbed-holes in the front windows of his home.

The Republican manager said he is convinced he was targeted because of new McCain signs he added around his home.

"All I can tell you is this, I have a very good relationship with my neighbors," Coverely said. "I mow my lawn. The only thing that has changed is I have two McCain signs in my front yard."

Coverely said he has taken about 300 calls concerning stolen or vandalized McCain signs in the area.

"It says this campaign is getting vicious," Coverely said.

Coverely said it appears Democrats are becoming more aggressive in the county.

"I wouldn't say slipping, but I would say the Democrats have become far more aggressive in Seminole County because it is such a heavy Republican area," Coverely said.
http://www.local6.com/politics/17784129/detail.html
dyslexia

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 09:42 am
@Foxfyre,
interesting for sure; some albuquerque residents felt that the vandalizing of their Obama signs was a racist event but
Quote:
The Republican manager said he is convinced he was targeted because of new McCain signs he added around his home.
so we can assume that people have opinions. what's wrong with this picture?
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 09:48 am
@Reyn,
makin' bacon
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 09:57 am
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

interesting for sure; some albuquerque residents felt that the vandalizing of their Obama signs was a racist event but
Quote:
so we can assume that people have opinions. what's wrong with this picture?

The Republican says the 'only thing that changed' prior to the attack was that he put McCain signs in his yard. I think he is reasonable to assume that it was those McCain signs that inspired an attack on his house. That opinion was reinforced by other neighbors reporting vandalism of the McCain signs in their yards. He did not attribute the vandalism to racism, however. I'm pretty sure that swaztikas spray painted on McCain signs would not have been attributed to racism either.

I have no problem with vandalism of Obama signs being judged to be vandalism. I do have a problem with stupid vandalism of Obama signs being deemed racist as well as just about any criticism of Obama, appropriate or as inappropriate as spraying swaztikas on signs is called racist these days.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 10:04 am
Quote:
Did you notice that the opening post in the thread had nothing at all to do with the title? And that it implied that the sign vandalism was due to racism?

Dyslexia's mendacity is well known. I looked forward to this thread because I thought that finally A2K would have a serious discussion about the flying pigs that have plagued Albuquerque for decades.

Furthermore, no one should rashly imply anything. Painting swastikas is a delicately nuanced form of political expression.
Foxfyre

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 10:07 am
@wandeljw,
wandeljw wrote:

Quote:
Did you notice that the opening post in the thread had nothing at all to do with the title? And that it implied that the sign vandalism was due to racism?

Dyslexia's mendacity is well known. I looked forward to this thread because I thought that finally A2K would have a serious discussion about the flying pigs that have plagued Albuquerque for decades.

Furthermore, no one should rashly imply anything. Painting swastikas is a delicately nuanced form of political expression.

Thank you. I agree completely. Vandalizing signs, especially with swaztikas, simply illustrates the ignorance of the idiots who do vandalism and also oppose a particular candidate and nothing more can be drawn from that. But you won't find flying pig experts here I fear. Tico is my expert of choice for flying pigs. Smile
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 10:08 am
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

wandeljw wrote:

Quote:

Thank you. I agree completely. Vandalizing signs, especially with swaztikas, simply illustrates the ignorance of the idiots who do vandalism and oppose a particular candidate and nothing more can be drawn from that. But you won't find flying pig experts here I fear. Tico is my expert of choice for flying pigs. Smile

Christ, you didn't even realize he was making fun of you Laughing

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 10:20 am
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:
wandeljw wrote:
Painting swastikas is a delicately nuanced form of political expression.

Thank you. I agree completely.

ROTFLMFAO!
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 10:52 am
Actually, to be fair to Foxfyre, she is well aware that I use parody whenever responding to her posts. I have done that for many years to Foxfyre whenever I encounter her on a thread.
farmerman

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 11:12 am
yeh me too.

IAPE!!
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 08:26 pm
@wandeljw,
Thank you again. And yes I knew you were being sarcastic. My thank you was equally sarcastic. But, without intending to be, you were also correct. Swaztika's are much more likely to be used to bash conservatives or Republicans along with charming labels such as Nazi, facist, etc. etc. etc. There is no implication of racism in that, however.

Used against Jewish people, yes it would be more likely to be interpreted to be a warning and would have racial overtones.

Used on an Obama sign? I have no idea what the intent was other than the vandal must be exceedingly ignorant as well as bad mannered and hateful, but to automatically assume racism is a real stretch.

Was the following a racist act do you think?
Quote:
PITTSBURGH -- A 20-year-old woman who was robbed at an ATM in Bloomfield was also maimed by her attacker, apparently because of her political views, Pittsburgh police said.

According to WTAE's news exchange partners at the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Ashley Todd, of College Station, Texas, was using an ATM at Liberty Avenue and Pearl Street just before 9 p.m. Wednesday when a man approached her and put a knife to her throat.

Police spokeswoman Diane Richard said the robber took $60 from Todd, then became angry when he saw a McCain bumper sticker on the victim's car. The attacker then punched and kicked the victim, before using the knife to scratch the letter "B" into her face, Richard said.
http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/17789356/detail.html
old europe

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 08:46 pm
@Foxfyre,
Quote:
Why that McCain volunteer’s “mutilation” story smells awfully weird

By Michelle Malkin • October 23, 2008 06:43 PM

Throughout my career, I’ve covered dozens of fake hate crimes " campus hate crime hoaxes, Muslim hate crime hoaxes, fake noose hangings, etc., etc., etc. Most were perpetrated by liberals, but there have been some shameful ones on our side of the aisle as well.

I’ve reported on the great lengths that warped attention-seekers have gone to in perpetrating fake hate crimes, including beating themselves up, carving swastikas on their dorm room doors and walls, locking themselves in bathroom stalls, and burning down their own houses.

Which is why I’m not jumping up and down with outrage over Drudge-promoted story of a McCain volunteer claiming to have been attacked by a black man whom she accused of carving a “B” in her face after spotting her McCain bumper sticker.

She refused medical treatment after reporting the incident to police. Why on earth would she do that?

Look at her face (photo via Hot Air):

http://michellemalkin.cachefly.net/michellemalkin.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/todd1.jpg

What’s wrong with the “B?”

I share my reader Kathy’s suspicions on this. She writes:

Quote:
Notice how the “B” is backwards on the right cheek……if you were looking in a mirror and put it on your own face…it would appear backwards and would probably be on your own right cheek (due to most folks are right handed)……she put it on her own face but forgot it would show up backwards.

She may have been robbed and beaten but I think she added the “B”….

Take a close look at the picture.

Maaaaybe the alleged robber straddled her upside-down while carving it into her face.

Maybe.

But I’ve got my doubts.

The woman has been identified as GOP volunteer Ashley Todd of Texas. Her Twitter page is here and I find it, well, odd.

This seems to me to have shades of Paul Mirecki (note that there was a photo in that case, too), Sarah Marshak, and Tawana Brawley all over it.

If I’m wrong, I’ll apologize. If I’m right, will this woman?

It needs to be said " and since it is not said often enough by those on the other side of the political aisle, I’ll say it again:

We have enough low-lifes and thugs in the world running loose and causing campaign chaos and fomenting hatred without having to make them up. I’ve been blowing the whistle on the real, left-wing rage not on the front page and in-your-face tactics throughout the election season.

Hate crimes hoaxes " by anyone, of any political persuasion, and of any color " diminish us all.

Either way, I hope that Todd gets the help she needs, that the whole truth comes out, and that justice is served on the perpetrator.

Whoever he or she may be.

Ace weighs in.

And from a reader who is a police officer:

Quote:
“I’m a cop - 8th year now - and this McCain supporter attack just didn’t pass the “smell test” as soon as I read about it.

At this point, I’ll guess the shiner was inflicted either by a friend willingly as part of this hoax or a boyfriend in a domestic dispute.

The “B” is far to shallow and clean to be taken seriously. Reminds me of the stab wounds that a “hero” would get when fighting off a phantom attacker - far to superficial to have been done in what is a fairly violent encounter.

Either way, I’m voting McCain Wink

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 10:54 pm
Wow, a self inflicted wound that was cut into her own face . So shes a MCain supporter who, wanting to be suspected to be an Obama supporter who is doing a fake McCain prank.
Hellishly clever
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 09:26 am
@Foxfyre,
Quote:
Police say inconsistencies in McCain staffer's story
(By Jerome L. Sherman, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, October 24, 2008)

Police say there are inconsistencies in the story of a McCain campaign staffer who told them she was mugged in Bloomfield on Wednesday night by a man who etched a "B" on her cheek when he saw a McCain sticker on her car.

Ashley Todd, 20, of College Station, Texas, spent five hours with robbery detectives last night at police headquarters, where she took a polygraph test. She told police that a man robbed her as she tried to take money from an ATM machine at Pearl Street and Liberty Avenue around 9 p.m. Wednesday.

Ms. Todd told police she then began walking to her car, which had McCain stickers on it. She told police that although the robber had moved away from her, he became agitated when he saw her car, punched her in the back of the head, pushed her to the ground and carved the letter into her face. Yesterday, she said the man sexually assaulted her, a detail that police said she didn't mention in the initial report.

Police today said that security camera footage from the Citizens Bank doesn't show the incident, but it could have happened outside the camera's range. Police also said they have found no witnesses to the attack. Ms. Todd has said she will return for further interviewing today and will help police create a composite sketch of her attacker.

He is described as a 6-foot 4-inch, 200-pound black man, with medium build and short black hair.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 10:20 am
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

Thank you again. And yes I knew you were being sarcastic. My thank you was equally sarcastic. But, without intending to be, you were also correct. Swaztika's are much more likely to be used to bash conservatives or Republicans along with charming labels such as Nazi, facist, etc. etc. etc. There is no implication of racism in that, however.

Used against Jewish people, yes it would be more likely to be interpreted to be a warning and would have racial overtones.

Used on an Obama sign? I have no idea what the intent was other than the vandal must be exceedingly ignorant as well as bad mannered and hateful, but to automatically assume racism is a real stretch.

Was the following a racist act do you think?
Quote:
PITTSBURGH -- A 20-year-old woman who was robbed at an ATM in Bloomfield was also maimed by her attacker, apparently because of her political views, Pittsburgh police said.

According to WTAE's news exchange partners at the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Ashley Todd, of College Station, Texas, was using an ATM at Liberty Avenue and Pearl Street just before 9 p.m. Wednesday when a man approached her and put a knife to her throat.

Police spokeswoman Diane Richard said the robber took $60 from Todd, then became angry when he saw a McCain bumper sticker on the victim's car. The attacker then punched and kicked the victim, before using the knife to scratch the letter "B" into her face, Richard said.
http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/17789356/detail.html

embarrasing innit.