DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 11:41 am
@cjhsa,
cjhsa wrote:
Try cutting spending and being more efficient with the boatloads of money delivered every day.

okay. so, what do you suggest we cut ?
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 11:44 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

How can we let Vietnam go, when the republican candidate keeps telling us he was a P>>.

for real. i really, really like 60s music. the clothes were cool and i still have a thing for the yardley girls.

but damn, that was like 40+ years ago. ****, let it go already. Laughing
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 11:46 am
oh, and one more thing here;

this whole "redistribution of wealth" that the mccain/palin folks are all in a wad about...

who do they believe the wealth is going to be redistributed to?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 11:48 am
@DontTreadOnMe,
DontTreadOnMe wrote:

oh, and one more thing here;

this whole "redistribution of wealth" that the mccain/palin folks are all in a wad about...

who do they believe the wealth is going to be redistributed to?

I wonder what they think McCain's 300 billion dollar 'save home mortgages' plan is, if not redistribution of wealth.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 12:41 pm
@cjhsa,
a) Provide some numbers on what the "Democratic voter base" pays in taxes vs. the "Republican voter base."

b) Tell us exactly what it is you want to cut.

Until then, stop whining.
cjhsa

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 01:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Not at all ci. O-boy can promise this because he is going to allow the Bush tax cuts to expire, thus, effectively increasing taxes without having to sign a tax increase. He's a bad, evil man. Nothing about O-boy is good. Not even his religion.
cjhsa

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 01:09 pm
@DrewDad,
Cut the size of government. Establish a flat tax rate and do away with the IRS. Get rid of entitlement programs - no more money laundering. Revoke the charter of the EPA, the bunch of wackos responsible for moving most of our heavy industry offshore AND the reason we have 550 flavors of gasoline. Right now in much if not all of our nation, more people are employed by the gubmint than by private employers. The way I see it, when more people are riding on the wagon than are pulling, the wagon's progress stops.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 01:22 pm
What I don't get is people who whine and complain about tax plan A over tax plan B.
If I make $70 000 annually, and leave all other columns from http://www.electiontaxes.com/ blank, there is a $500 difference between McCain's and Obama's plan.
Obama's saves you the money, but this nevertheless amounts to a scant $42 bucks/month, or less than $1.40/day.
Are people seriously going to vote for McCain over Obama, or vice-versa, for $1.40/day?
cjhsa

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 01:36 pm
@candidone1,
One would hope not. I wouldn't vote for O-boy if he gave me a huge tax break because I have a good idea what his true agenda is.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 05:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
covering his head....
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 05:14 pm
@cjhsa,
don't knock his religion. Nothing wrong with christianity... it's just all you idiot christians....
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 05:32 pm
@candidone1,
candido, You "must" look at the overall economy, not just your personal situation about $42 bucks/month. Many are losing their jobs and their homes, all while paying more for food and fuel which they really can't afford. As more and more people lose their jobs and homes, you will be "personally" affected negatively - more than that "measley" $42 bucks/month. Think macro-economics in order to see what has happened under Bush/republicans, and what happened during democratic control of the white house.

Are you better off today than you were before GW Bush?
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 05:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The outlook for the future is not good. The following article from Reuters:

Quote:
NEW YORK (Reuters) " Consumer confidence suffered its steepest monthly drop on record in October and construction starts on new homes fell to a 17-1/2 year low the previous month, as the financial crisis sent shock waves through the economy.

The fall in consumer confidence came as a sharp deterioration in credit markets punished stocks and wiped out large chunks of savings held in retirement accounts. The sentiment drop erased a recovery in previous months that was inspired by a retreat in oil prices that had been at record highs.

"Confidence is collapsing so that's not good even as you have gas prices falling," said Doug Smith, chief economist for the Americas at Standard Chartered in New York. "People are seeing what's happening to their 401ks, stocks and home prices. It's just awful."
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 07:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Dumbass.... you can't possibly blame this on Bush... but your shortsightedness and unwillingness to problem solve precedes you.... how's that HDTV working for ya anyway?
Rockhead

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 07:22 pm
@cjhsa,
Yes, shooter, Dubya is a sadly misunderstood Genius, and if we survive his legacy, our ancestors will build Giant statues to his insights into Americans and their needs as a people...

(I can't type anymore, I must retch...)
Below viewing threshold (view)
Rockhead

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 07:31 pm
@cjhsa,
I hope you grow a conscience...
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 07:39 pm
@Rockhead,
You are asking for the impossible.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 07:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
i know...

Embarrassed
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 11:35 am
@Rockhead,
Quote:

Yes, shooter, Dubya is a sadly misunderstood Genius

Rocky: here 's a neat trick
for your convenience: instead of writing out "Dubya"
as u did, u can just write W and save yourself 4 keystrokes !
Good luck with that!
0 Replies