Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 09:55 am
How is it that BOTH candidates say.... and we expect... no taxes... or no new taxes...or no increase in taxes... accompanied by more services?

I EXPECT my taxes to goup just like I would have to increase my monthly payments at home if I bought new ****....I don't like it but I expect it...

WTF?

Simplistic I realize... but damn...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 10 • Views: 3,298 • Replies: 59
No top replies

islandgirl

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 09:57 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
"Read my lips, no new taxes" That went over well.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 10:02 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
If you earn less than $250,000, you will get a tax break. If you make more than $250,000, you will see your tax increase. However, this is only the federal tax plan. What your state and local governments end up doing are still unknowns.

I think most states and counties will increase sales taxes.
cjhsa

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 10:22 am
@cicerone imposter,
[sarcasm]What a great incentive to small business owners! [/sarcasm]
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 10:23 am
@cjhsa,
wow...cj can spell sarcasm...
farmerman

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 10:35 am
both candidates are living in a pre meltdown world and arent owning up to the fact that the entire economics have changed severely. We are in deep **** and its not gonna end with "no new taxes" .

Im voting for NAder.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 10:35 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
The only problem is he can spell it, but he doesn't realize he is the epitome of it.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 10:37 am
@farmerman,
farmerman, I agree. I've been saying that I wished we had two different candidates, because neither doesn't seem to realize we're already in the throes of a meltdown that can't be reversed any time soon, and not in four years.
0 Replies

islandgirl

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 10:49 am
@islandgirl,
I was refering to when George Bush Sr. was campaigning he said "No new taxes" yet once in office he raised them anyway, and was called on it.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 10:52 am
@cicerone imposter,
And this isn't true either...under Obama's tax plan, over his 4 year term, I will pay more taxes than I would under McCain.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 10:55 am
@maporsche,
You must also be in Joe the plumber league making over $250,000. As McCain said, "you are rich!"
cjhsa

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 11:05 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

The only problem is he can spell it, but he doesn't realize he is the epitome of it.

Nothing wrong with that. How's that HDTV working for ya?
maporsche

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 11:08 am
@cicerone imposter,
Nope, in the 70,000 range this year.

Check it out....www.electiontaxes.com
parados

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 11:12 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

70,000 and single means you pay about $500 less under Obama

I have no idea where you are getting your numbers from maporche but it isn't from www.electiontaxes.com unless you are not telling us what you are actually putting in for info.
maporsche

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 11:31 am
@parados,
Unfortunatly, I am not near a computer that has the plugin required for this website, so I can't tell you my exact numbers and results.

What I remember is that I get a tax cut the first year, but over 4 years, when you count in the expiration of the previous Bush tax cuts (that McCain would renew, and Obama wouldn't) I end up paying more in taxes combined over Obama's entire first term.

I'm not saying that I don't support paying more taxes....but Obama's claim that he's reducing my taxes is not true (and I make a lot less than $250k).
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 11:32 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

maporsche wrote:

70,000 and single means you pay about $500 less under Obama

I have no idea where you are getting your numbers from maporche but it isn't from www.electiontaxes.com unless you are not telling us what you are actually putting in for info.

I agree. I plugged in the same numbers he gave in another thread... and got around 500 less in taxes, every year, for the next four years, under Obama.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 11:33 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

Unfortunatly, I am not near a computer that has the plugin required for this website, so I can't tell you my exact numbers and results.

What I remember is that I get a tax cut the first year, but over 4 years, when you count in the expiration of the previous Bush tax cuts (that McCain would renew, and Obama wouldn't) I end up paying more in taxes combined over Obama's entire first term.

I'm not saying that I don't support paying more taxes....but Obama's claim that he's reducing my taxes is not true (and I make a lot less than $250k).

McCain won't renew those tax cuts, Maporsche. The Dem Congress will never let him do that in a million years. So I don't know why you are counting on that...

Cycloptichorn
parados

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 11:56 am
@maporsche,
When you can, let us know because I can find no way to make the calculator do that based on its assumptions.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 12:24 pm
@parados,
What I find more interesting about these discussions is how people like maporsche gets some facts so convoluted, they believe the worse on most things recommended by the liberal candidate, but doesn't see the "harm" of their own candidate's recommendations. How they are able to reconcile these conflicting perceptions is the big mystery of our times.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 12:27 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
And you think that's a good thing?