0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2002 10:32 am
Crackers and cream cheese with jalapeno peppper jelly. Embarrassed
Works for me!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2002 10:43 am
that be not odd, that be good. damn my morning oatmeal...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 03:06 pm
Growing up we had cheese and apples or celery and peanut butter for snax. Not too weird, but different.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 07:20 pm
A combination my Dad has always loved as a snack item is M & M's, peanuts and raisins (in equal combination).....I happen to like it, too.

Fulfills the chocolate/salt craving and cleans out the system, too!
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 08:20 pm
Multi-purpose foods are wonderful.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Mon 9 Dec, 2002 04:49 am
:wink:
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 9 Dec, 2002 10:26 am
GORP -- good old raisins and peanuts. trail food before the advent of the two dollar and completely inedible power bar.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Mon 9 Dec, 2002 07:47 pm
A step further (without actually buying the premixed stuff) would be.....raisins, peanuts, dried banana slices and sesame sticks. Mmmm mmmm good!
0 Replies

Vincent

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 02:51 pm
Reading this thread reminded me of a combo I used to love as a kid, but haven't had in years. Before telling you about it, I decided I had to try it again first. So I went out and bought a bag of thick, crinkle-cut potato chips and a chocolate bar (in this case, a Nestlé Truffon, dark chococlate filled with chocolate truffle). And then I ate them together, sometimes taking a bite of one, then the other, sometimes sandwiching a square of chocolate between two large chips.

It was fantastic. I may have consumed a week's worth of calories in one sitting, but it was worth it.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 02:56 pm
Sounds about as tasty as bacon fried with Hershey bars.

Tell you what though, if you dip potatoe chips in ketchup, close your eyes, and pretend real hard, you can almost imagine you're eating french fries.
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 03:34 pm
You know,..if you eat chocolate while your eating a peppermint altoid,..the resulting flavor is "Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookie",..I found this out, quite by accident, last winter!!
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 03:47 pm
Mashed potato and pickled beetroot
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2002 08:20 pm
Jerry ~ the Thin Mints are my favorite!!

A favorite meal my Nana made for my sister and I ~ meatloaf, spinach and mashed potatoes.....but everything was mixed together.....YUM!!!
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 10:50 am
Late to the party as usual, but I had to throw in my two cents.

Favorite comfort food: Peanut butter and banana sandwiches. Dad used to make them for me when I was a kid. I use reduced fat peanut butter now.

Favorite breakfast: Peanut butter on an onion bagel. (Don't knock it till you've tried it.)

Favorite breakfast when I have time to cook: Basically, it's French toast made with a bagel then topped with an egg and cheese and thrown under the broiler. A friend once made it for me and I thought she was nuts until I tried it.

<rooting around in the freezer looking for bagels>
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 10:51 am
Ooooh! I almost forgot the best brunch ever! Bangers and eggs accompanied by a pint of Guinness. It beats the heck out of a Bloody Mary.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 08:26 am
Vincent
Welcome to A2K :-D

I forgot all about the potato chips and chocolate. I love that ;-)
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 08:39 am
Hi vincent and terry, big welcome from my side too!

My strange combo is Pizza quattro formaggi con ananas, which is a tomatosauce-free pizza with cream and four cheeses, Parmeggiano and gorgonzola has to be, the others should be mild... On top of that you put some canned pineapple pieces.

The sweet from the pineapple, with the saltiness from the Parmiggiano, and the spice of the Gorgonzola, mmmhhmmmm yummy!

Don't bake the Parmiggiano, put on top when the pizza comes out of the oven, burnt Parmiggiano doesn't taste that good!
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 09:00 am
Bigdice
That sounds yummy :-D
0 Replies