Tuesday's Presidential Debate - Economy - Who Will Say What?

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2008 11:31 am
@engineer,
McCain's main talking point during the first debate was "what Obama doesn't understand is blah blah blah...." As he repeated those words, the audience scoring went below the middle line.

You can almost bet that his talking point during the second debate will be something like "Obama doesn't have the right kind of experience to blah blah blah..." The failure of this kind of rhetoric is that most will see through it as his diversion from the important issues of our day - like the economy. If they show the audience scoring, poor McCain is going to go below the bottom line.

Also, in his desperation, he's going to say things similar to "Obama pals around with domestic terrorists..."

All Obama needs to do is tell us about how he will work on our economy - in detail, and ignore McCain's negative rhetoric.

engineer

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2008 04:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I agree, we're going to hear McCain saying the exact words about experience over and over. McCain is not going to say anything about terrorists unless it is some sort of veiled reference to "associations".

Obama can score big by staying mostly positive. I expect an attack on McCain as part of the existing Wall Street problem, but that's a legitimate hitting point. McCain has some easy dodges on the Keating 5 stuff, so I don't think Obama is going to give him a chance to say anything in his defense.
0 Replies