Mame

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 05:52 pm
@ossobuco,
Yeah, that is lucky! "camfloozled" - interesting choice of word, osso.
Foxfyre

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 05:57 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I do see your point, Fox.
I can see some slippery slopes in the picking of one type of vote vs the other, or categories of votes, and misvoting on purpose... but, again, I do see your point. Luckily, I'm too camfloozled to figure some ultimate design out.

Yes I see some slippery slopes too which goes back to my earlier concern that voting down becomes a form of punishment or vindictiveness against people you don't like no matter what they post. I think that would be a very bad thing for the site. I think what I was saying is that I don't feel crappy voting down an offensive thread. I do dislike voting down a nonoffensive thread.

Camfloozled is a great word for it.

It's just as well that I have no power here as I would probably screw it up. Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 06:08 pm
@ossobuco,
Back re my old land use threads..

This is not a whine -
They were in part a kind of chronicle for myself at the same time they were a call to others to comment, not unlike what Robert is doing with his collection threads, just different subject matter (though not always, really) and less told by video. They were the result of some fair time of reviewing land use commentary sites, so that some hours went into each little answered thread.
I did get it, that either I didn't make threads interesting enough, or the interest wasn't there in that 24 hour period, or (fill in your own blank). But when the threads did pick up attention, they caught some spark.. Walter did a lot of these types of threads too, as did a few others, noinipo (sp?), for example.

At some point, those may all be tagged, useful for some few of us, or perhaps to others in googleworld.

I think the potential for interest clusters is fantastic here. I sure wish people wouldn't leave out of boredom or frustration.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 06:32 pm
@ossobuco,
I meant, re camfloozled, that I can't even get my printer to work via talks with HP online (follow these 30 steps) much less get into website format - remember, it's a mac I'm just reading the dummie book on -

but I do have a faint sense of a sense about a2k possibilities, not because I'm smart but because I've been reading RG/Craven posts during the years of working out the change to this point. He cares both about community and about facilitating knowledge exchange. A moderator horde is not in the works.

Meantime, the hamsters have been listening, and do keep moving the wheel.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 06:39 pm
@Mame,
I make up words, Mame. One of my best/worst traits, depending on whom you ask. I'm sort of stymied since I saw those twenty four words being excised from a dictionary - I hadn't even thought of them yet.
Mame

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 07:15 pm
@ossobuco,
I make up words all the time - you have company. Smile
0 Replies

MCharcoal

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 08:06 am
@mushypancakes,
Bye mushypancakes. I do not know you or anyone else.. But I do not find anything here that I cannot find on the Internet on my own. (Excepting each personal opinion and remarks on others, which I can live without. ) So I am here and gone before anyone knows it.

See how much these members REALLY want to just interact? You will notice it in many replies to topics. The title and subject are one thing, then people are swapping information on other subjects sacred to themselves, off the topic entirely- and into their own chat room.

Mostly, unless a person has asked for specific directions or information they do not seem to pay any particular attention to other's opinion. They just keep espousing their own; and more rhetoric here is not going to change the arrogant intellectuals. (Well, they feel they are intellectuals anyway)
You wont miss me.
Joeblow

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 09:28 am
@MCharcoal,
I might have, though, MCharcoal, given the opportunity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I will miss you, Mushy, and wish you well.
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 01:01 pm
@mushypancakes,
so sorry to see you go flushd
sorrier than i can say
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 02:47 pm
I'm sorry you're leaving, mushypancakes. Hope you come back and "visit" once in a while.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 06:11 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

Being uncalled for is an arbitrary and personal opinion. However, you may well be right.

On the other hand, being censored is also uncalled for.

You mistake what I think personally was reasonable, and, in fact, very measured censure for censorship.

Now, Mushy, don't you be a stranger!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 11:22 pm
@MCharcoal,
ADIOS

Not you, mushy. I liked both of you, even before I knew you and Flushd were one and the same.
0 Replies