SNOW JOB-or _LOW JOB,

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 10:14 am
My friend and colleague, stated that yesterdays disclosures by the Bushmeister that Al Qaieda was never thought to be connected to iraq in the 9/11 attack. OK, Ive been on vacation for quite a while and in that period of time weve been led to understand that
1 we never considered that Iraq had nukes or an imminent nukular capability

2 WMDs , chemicals were not really ready for 45 minute launches against Saudi Arabia or Isreal.

3 Iraq HAd nothing to do with 9/11

Now i recall about a 6 part host of dairy-doo-doo that was presented to Congress to seek a strong bipartisan resolution to go to war with Iraq.

my friend and colleague doesnt seem to consider these lies of any significance when compared to the lies that Pres bill "Happy pants" Clinton had uttered to protect his peckerdilllos. Did I miss something here?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,055 • Replies: 25
No top replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 10:17 am
I hope your friend and colleague is not a person with any real responsibilities. I also hope that f & c (you have not indicated gender, making pronouns impossible) does not vote.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 10:51 am
What you missed was George Bush's belief that this government job came with a great set of toy soldiers.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 11:45 am
Acquiunk,

That was an excellent quote.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 11:53 am
Toy soldiers and tin soldiers.
0 Replies

Italgato

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 11:55 am
I must have misread the statement by the President. I thought that he said that there were links between Hussein and AlQaeda.

I might be overemphasizing the importance of links. I grew up in a city where the newspapers regularly indicated that there were "links" between the confessed hit man and the local Mafia--but of course there was never any proof that the Mafia was really involved. Who would ever come to that conclusion without any proof??????
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 03:08 pm
He did Italgo. All the above items were enunciated in the role call of counts for convincing Congress to " lemme go to war with Iraq". I merely wanted to show the differences between lies and LIES. Im not happy with Clintons escapades. However, he, in all his sexual misandventures, never put our entire country' s slowly recovering reputation in the dumper as has young Georgie.
Ive been getting much of my news recently through the CBC, and the Canadians view is one of dark amusement on all our escapades overseas. .
Im really pissed in a fashion that wants the election tomorrow and Im quite concerned for all the brave kids over there in Iraq , Its dejavu from sacrifices made by kids of my generation.
. I hope Congress, (at least I can make sure my representatives are amply reminded of the two faced lying thats gone on recently in the name of "Nation Building"), I hope Congress bottles up any further requests for troop deployment anywhere with some really tightly connected hearings re the War Powers . This guys and his team need to answer for a lot

Sorry I couldnt respond earlier, we seem to be without power for 2 days and no short term relief in sight. Ive gotten an inverter and hooked it to my one truck and Ive been recharging it via the hot shoe.Ive got a generator running from the tractor but that only keeps major appliances and water alive, it doesnt allow use of wall sockets.
We could be without power here for another week. Isabel tore down trees that were already sodden and leaf laden from such a great growing year. So every branch became a sail and every sail landed on wires and tore our electrical grid all to hell. Its covering Pa and Md mostly.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 03:41 pm
Farmerman, stay safe and mostly dry!
0 Replies

Italgato

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 04:07 pm
Farmerman, It is you opinion that Clinton never put our country's slowly recovering reputation in the dumper as has Georgie"

Since you give no specifics as exactly how President Bush did that, I will tell you that it is my opinion that President Bush never put our country's slowly developing reputation in the dumper.

My Opinion checkmates your Opinion.

But, farmerman, try to guess the author of the following quotes:

"So we will pursue a long-term strategy to contain Iraq and its WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION..."

and

"The hard fact is that so long as Saddam remains in power, he threatens the well-being of his people, the peace of his region, the security of the world."

And

"The decision to use force is never risk-free. Whenever American forces are placed in harm's way, we risk the loss of life. And while our strikes are focused on Iraq's military capabilities, there will be UNINTENDED IRAQI CASUALTIES"

AND

"If Saddam defies the world and WE fail to respond, we will face a greater threat IN THE FUTURE. Saddam will strike again at his neighbors. He will make war on his own people. and makr my words. HE WILL DEVELOP WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION. HE WILL DEPLOY THEM AND HE WILL USE THEM."

Who said that, Farmerman?

The first time I read the words I thought they were from George W. Bush's speech.

I will give you four choices, Farmerman.

A. George W. Bush

B. Donald Rumsfeld

C. Condi Rice

D. William Jefferson Clinton

If you chose Clinton, Farmerman, you are correct since Clinton gave this speech on Dec. 16 1998.

Some had the "gall" to say that the fine upstanding president Clinton gave it to detract attention from his impeachment trial. Little do people know that he had the surest grasp of Foreign Relations of anyone in DC.

That is why his words were so prescient!!

Cheers, Farmerman.
0 Replies

Italgato

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 04:10 pm
Acquiunk: Have you read George Bush's Biography?

He hated toy soldiers. Get is straight will you!!!
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 04:12 pm
Blah blah blah clinton blah blah justice Posner blah blah clinton blah blah.....
0 Replies

Italgato

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 04:51 pm
I must commend Professor Hobibit:

I think that I can say that I have read much more than the average person but I have never been so enthralled as when I read the carefully crafted literalry masterpiece worthy of comparison with either Saul Bellow or Toni Morrison.

Quote Professor Hobibit: blah blah blah Clinton blah blah justice Posner blah blah Clinton blah blah.....

Now, the uninitiated may scoff but only the true connosieur of Literature will note the real meanings to be gleaned from the placement of the "blah".

Note, it is with true mastery that Professor Hobibit initially gives us three blahs, then two blahs and two blahs again and then two blahs again.

The initiated know that the 3,2,2,2 presentation is symbolic of the importance of Clinton and the relative unimportance of justice Posner.

Notice carefully the subtle put down of Justice Posner reflected in the lack of a capital for Justice.

A true masterpiece!
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 05:20 pm
blah blah blah pay attention to me blah blah blah blah posner blah blah stupid put down blah blah blah I'm over six feet tall blah blah blah touch my monkey blah blah blah blah blah
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 05:33 pm
Preliminary results for a poll currently being conducted on AOL:

'Made Up in Texas'
Six months after the war on Iraq started, the fighting's still intense -- over there and over here. This week, key figures blasted the Bush administration over its case for war. One even called it a "fraud." But the president is sticking to his guns.

Read the quotes below. Who's right?

AP

"There was no imminent threat. This was made up in Texas, announced in January to the Republican leadership that war was going to take place and was going to be good politically. This whole thing was a fraud," Sen. Edward Kennedy said.

AP

"What in a way stands accused is the culture of spin, the culture of hyping... Advertisers will advertise a refrigerator in terms that we don't quite believe in, but we expect governments to be more serious and have more credibility," Hans Blix said.

AP

"There's no question that Saddam Hussein had al-Qaida ties," President Bush said. But he also said, "We have no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved with the Sept. 11" attacks.

In retrospect, what do you think of Bush's case for war?

48% He deliberately misled the public 47,650
30% It was completely legitimate 29,436
22% He may have stretched a little, but the overall reasoning was sound 21,811
Total votes: 98,897
0 Replies

SkisOnFire

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 05:57 pm
I have to agree with Italgato. Blah blah blah what a blah blah connosieur of whining belligerance blah blah who can't even address the topic blah blah profoundly self-revealing blah blah in his infatuation with hobitbob. Laughing

Bush lied. That's what politicians are for. The country is being used and abused, and the public continues to give it all away. Traditionally, the country belongs to whomever says the biggest lie.

Public opinion, like public funds, are just sitting there for the taking. So why not? I can't blame Bush for doing whatever he wants. We let him.

$200 billion is not at all a shabby scam.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 06:07 pm
Of course you agree with Ittykity, dear, you seem happy to continue to participate in the giveaway.
Contrary to the oft expressed opinion of the far right, might does not make right. By being loud and obnoxious, two traits that are oh so typically American, this administration has flushed whatever good name this nation might have once had down the drain. Attempting to re-route the discussion from the actions of the current president to that of former ones, or quoting conservative authors as "proof" of one's own opinion's validity is worthless when the person in question has yet to actually ever state what his personal take is on any subject. I'm waiting for that poster to break his own record of eleven consecutive posts on the same thread, each more belligerent and condescending than the last.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 06:07 pm
Politicians are salesmen, plain and simple, and they can be shrewed at the hard close, selling us a product we don't want or need. That product can be war.

Of course, I prefer yada, yada, yada over blah, blah, blah and cannot really short anyone for losing patience with the spiel of another who fancies himself a sharp salesman. I wouldn't buy anything from him.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 06:13 pm
Isn't Rove's background in public relations, in essence sales? He has done a great job at marketing this Pinto (Bushy-Poo II) to a public that should know better.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 06:19 pm
Harvard Business School has a heavy stress on salesmanship -- there are even two books published by the school on the subject. Bush did learn how to sell a pig-in-the-poke -- he'd be able to sell some of the people on this forum a car that has no engine.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 06:41 pm
Im not quite sure about your self congratulatory tone gato, the twisting of the facts that the Bush admin used to sway congress are indisputable. If you deny that he didnt change his admins position on the above 3 points then before and after the war (as his positions are being gradually disclosed by reporters not working for FOX) , Im sorry that you cannot tell truth from fabrications, you are unapologetically a hard-liner. Ive swung a long arc regarding my stance on this guy. Hes a liar, IMO
With all his admins rhetoric and playing the sympathetic press and Condi Rice and Colin Powells timely "fact analyses presentations". Congress got sold a bill of goods, they were hoodwinked (Of course that shows you that there arent any minimum requirements for being a Congressperson that mean a pinch of spit) so what do you do? BRING UP BILL CLINTON! Thats cool, because if you read the title of my thread, you sort of make my point.
You dont even know how to play chess

Clinton, by the way, never mentioned going to war, but talked about containment.
0 Replies