SNOW JOB-or _LOW JOB,

Italgato

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2003 01:37 am
Farmerman: You are dead wrong. Congress did not get sold a bill of goods.

No one can fool Senator Edwards or Senator Kennedy or Senator Lieberman or Senator Graham or Senator Kerry. Who are you trying to kid?

Are you telling me that these brilliant Senators were sold a bill of goods by George W. Bush?

Haven't you heard? The left says Bush isn't very smart. How could he sell them a bill of goods.

I am very much afraid, Farmerman, that you did not read my post very well.

You apparently did not read the quotes of Bill Clinton who said that Saddam had WMD"S and would use them if we didn't stop him and that Iraqi casualties were just something that would happen in the war zone.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2003 05:01 am
I agree with one point you made. Senate trusted Bush not to lie, I guess they were fooled
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2003 12:21 pm
The Senate may well have not expected Bush to lie, but neither did they look to hard at the issue. The country has been impaled on the horns of the democratic dilemma. We expect representative government to be responsive to the popular will. But when the Bush administration drummed up war fever, the representative body that is supposed to serve as a check in these situations was unwilling to oppose the popular will. The cruel irony here is that a less representative Senate, say one appointed by state legislatures, might have been less willing to bend with the prevailing wind..
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2003 12:32 pm
Well, summer is over, and it's about time for Commandant Rove to start rolling out some new products...

Let's pray that none of them involve the violent deaths of American civilians at home.

farmer: really enjoyed reading about your boat trip.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2003 12:34 pm
Acquiunk, I don't knowe how things were in Connecticut, but in Maryland during the last election, there was great pressure on the candidates from the elctorate to oppose the (then) pending war with Iraq. My understanding is that the members of Congress felt it was the lesser of two evils to vote for war, and therefore not be seen as "wimpy" than to listen to the constituency and maybe be "wrong" about Iraq. Instead, they ignored the constituency and were wrong about Iraq.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2003 01:51 pm
Connecticut has a lot of defence contractors and a major (submarine) navel base. War is good for business.
0 Replies