I'm rich! Apparently, I have a friend with scads of money!

sublime1

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 05:48 pm
@edgarblythe,
Thats ridiculous, it would take three years going to the atm every day to collect the five million. Doesn't seem worth it to me.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 06:26 pm
Well, I'm semi retired. It would help fill out my days.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 07:33 pm
Imagine going to an ATM in some part of town and withdrawing the daily 6K. It would come out as 20's. You would have to wait there as it slaps out 300 twenties. You know the noise these bills make as they come out. I always keep a wary eye out even when I withdraw like 300 because the sound of an ATM dispensing money is unique. Youd probably be killed at some time in your daily trips to an ATM (assuming the ATM has enough cash in it)
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 07:37 pm
@farmerman,
I would be surrounded by paparazzi at all times. No worry.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 07:48 pm
@edgarblythe,
It's nice to see that the FBI is saving taxpayer money by restricting it's letter to one paragraph.

They could save even more money by making it all one sentence.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 08:23 pm
If they truly cared they would bring it to me in cash - small, unmarked bills.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 08:23 pm
Laughing My goodness! This thread seems to have taken on a life of itself!

You just never can tell.......
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 08:34 pm
Wow! Edgar - they're trying to make it really convenient for you.

I think you should contact the owner/sponsor of your selected ATM and let them know your requirements - perhaps they can stock it with 100's, so you wouldn't have to wait so long.

(There's no charge for that small piece of advice.....but....)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 08:40 pm
I can be more than generous, margo.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 10:40 pm
@sublime1,
sublime1 wrote:

Thats ridiculous, it would take three years going to the atm every day to collect the five million. Doesn't seem worth it to me.

Well let's see....let's assume you took weekends and holidays off and an extended vacation reducing your annual take to around $750,000. It would take a little over 6-1/2 years to collect the whole 5 million. But then you'd only be working about 15 minutes to a half hour a day too leaving you plenty of time to moonlight if you needed to.

I would do it.
margo

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2009 08:00 pm
@Foxfyre,
Yes - I'd do it.

I guess an annual income of $750,000 wouldn't be too bad...it's a fraction more than I get now - but I have to work more than 15 mins/day!

But after 6.5 years - what then???? Doesn't bear thinking about. Neutral Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Catgrammy2

Reply Sat 30 May, 2009 07:04 am
@Reyn,
I also received this e-mail just last night (may29). I wondered"Who the heck is this?" and sent the letter to my state Attorney General's office for investigation. The e-mail game from one address and the address mentioned in the text was a different domain. By the way, what does the abbreviation "Engr." mean. I thought it was engineer. Catg
solipsister

Reply Sat 30 May, 2009 07:19 am
@Catgrammy2,
i ran out of paper once
0 Replies