A Price Worth Paying?

Wilso

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 04:33 pm
au1929 wrote:
Wilso
You can be as interested as you like but to use your words.
You can't do a fvcking thing about it. The American system of government is not weak and corrupt as you seem to believe. I suggest you have been listening to too much left wing propaganda. There will be an election.

I"ve been watching the news. The American system of government IS weak and IS incredibly corrupt. That's evidenced by the fact that stuttering moron like Bush was able to gain so much power in the first place. With the amount US politicians spend on their campaigns, it's simply a case of selling democracy to the highest bidder.
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 02:47 am
au1929, having stolen the White House, Afghanistan and Iraq and poured billions of tax dollars into friendly pockets, the Administration CANNOT permit the Democrats to be returned to power by the voters UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. There are far too many skeletons waiting to escape from the closet - and prison cells waiting.

Therefore, despite the dirtiest campaign in history, should the polls still indicate a win for the Democrats then, whatever the Constitution, reasons for postponing the election or another 9/11 type atrocity just in time to unite the people behind their President, cannot be ruled out.

Impossible???
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 08:29 am
John Webb
There are no constitutional reasons for postponing an election. The electorate will decide who the next president shall be and based on today's climate it will be Georgie boy. Hopefully that will change. However, it will still be decided by the electorate, those that vote. And we will have to live with the outcome and it's consequences, whatever it may be.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 02:11 pm
Reading this thread one can only come to one conclusion--one person --AU----is trying to communicate calm and reason--- the rest are preaching violent overthrow of the current gov't. Good example of MOB mentality----Frank Apisa was not preaching violent overthrow----just fanning the flame.

Good work AU----did you feel like the sheriff who is trying to stop a lynching?
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 02:37 pm
Perception, not wise to propogate such thoughts. You will have George running back to his storm shelter! Embarrassed
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 02:42 pm
I thought I was pretty damn calm, Perception.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 02:57 pm
I must have missed something -- who is advocating violent overthrow of the government?
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 03:00 pm
I haven't time for that this week, how does everyone feel about the second week in June? Smile
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2003 02:27 am
I would certainly never advocate the violent overthrow of any Administration appointed by a mostly Republican Supreme Court. No matter how justified by vote-rigging, illegal invasions, international mass-murders, blatant corruption or the unjustified wearing of flak jackets ...... on second thoughts ...... Twisted Evil
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2003 07:12 am
au1929 wrote:
John Webb
There are no constitutional reasons for postponing an election. The electorate will decide who the next president shall be and based on today's climate it will be Georgie boy. Hopefully that will change. However, it will still be decided by the electorate, those that vote. And we will have to live with the outcome and it's consequences, whatever it may be.

My two cents. The 2000 election, flawed as it was, did happen. And according to the laws of the land, GWB was deemed the winner.

Yeah, Gore won the popular vote, but that's not how it's done. GWB won the electoral college.

Much has been made of the Florida results, as no doubt we all do remember, and should remember. But it only really galls the dissapointed because of the Governor of Florida's relation to the eventual winner.

It isn't that Bush won. Gore lost. Had Al Gore carried his own home state the Florida debacle would be a footnote in history.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

In any event, the election of 2000 was decided without bloodshed. The election of 2004 will happen on schedule.
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2003 11:40 am
The last election result, however contrived, is now beyond our control.

What must be anticipated and prepared for by Democrats is the criminality yet to come.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2003 12:07 pm
Seal poet wrote:

It isn't that Bush won. Gore lost. Had Al Gore carried his own home state the Florida debacle would be a footnote in history.

Excellent Point--thanks for making it---Bush haters please note. When Gore couldn't carry his home state where people really know him.........does that make any impression...........No---probably not -----hate is all consuming.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2003 12:14 pm
It is not based on hate to question the Bush ttactics. The hate came after the cheating and lying began.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2003 01:18 pm
John Webb wrote:

What must be anticipated and prepared for by Democrats is the criminality yet to come.

Since you consider yourself so brilliant that you can forcast the future, please gaze into your hate filled crystal ball and give us some examples of criminality that could possibly exceed: the Clinton looting of the White House, Pardoning of Mark Rich (International criminal and the subject of a new book --Godfather of the Kremlin), the selling of the White House bedroom by bedroom, the degrading of and reduction in size of the military,.............the list is endless.

Any forcast of the future should have some plausible supporting evidence which will also be in your crystal ball--all you have to do in transcribe it----what I have mentioned about Clinton is already in the history books.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2003 01:22 pm
Kriminalitet:
Lying to the Americna people/congress about the reasons for war.

Flagrantly raping the nations natural resources to benefit petroleum cronies.

Mass murder of thousands of Iraqi and Afghan civilians.

Mass murder of American troops in the name of his vendetta with Hussein.

Illegal detention and torture of foreign nationals at Guantanamo bay.

need I go on?
0 Replies

perception

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2003 01:47 pm
Hobit

Nice work-----you just killed the thread.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2003 01:49 pm
Scroll
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2003 01:54 pm
hobitbob wrote:
Kriminalitet:
Lying to the Americna people/congress about the reasons for war.

Flagrantly raping the nations natural resources to benefit petroleum cronies.

Mass murder of thousands of Iraqi and Afghan civilians.

Mass murder of American troops in the name of his vendetta with Hussein.

Illegal detention and torture of foreign nationals at Guantanamo bay.

need I go on?

Can you go on with at least a shred of truth? All you have posted so far is your fantasy list of lies.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2003 01:55 pm
Disprove them.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2003 02:01 pm
McG

You can't discuss, prove or disprove anything with a lunatic fanatic.
0 Replies