Let 'er crash and burn, we'll go for ...

SYNRON

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 07:44 pm
@barackman28,
Obama isn't running as president for African-Americans only. He will be president for all of the people.
0 Replies

SYNRON

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 01:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
One of your problems, sir, is that you and most of the left wingers on this site are ignorant. You blab and blab and make statements that can be demonstrated to be incorrect. Some of you are cowards and cannot respond. That's fine but some others will read and note your ignorance.

You wrote=IF BUSH'S RATING IS THE LOWEST IN US HISTORY.

What is his rating? 34 or 33?

That shows you really don't know very much about the presidency of the United States. You really should do some more reading.

Quote from

"The Presidential Difference" by Fred I. Greenstein( If you don't know that Dr. Greenstein is a widely praised scholar of the presidency,look it up. I am not going to do your work for you,

Lowest Rating-

Bush I- 29

Clinton-37

Carter 28

Nixon 24

Johnson 35

Truman 22

P. 231

You are probably so confused that you do not know that Truman, who ended his career at 22, is now considered one of our premier 2oth century presidents.

Do some reading first before shooting off your mouth about things you obviously have learned nothing about.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2008 02:52 pm
Quote:
September 22, 2008

George W. Bush's Overall Job Approval Matches ARG Low
As 82% Say National Economy is Getting Worse

George W. Bush's overall job approval has matched its low in American Research Group monthly polling as 82% of Americans say the national economy is getting worse, according to the latest survey from the American Research Group.

Among all Americans, 19% approve of the way Bush is handling his job as president and 76% disapprove. When it comes to Bush's handling of the economy, 17% approve and 78% disapprove.

Among Americans registered to vote, 19% approve of the way Bush is handling his job as president and 77% disapprove. When it comes to the way Bush is handling the economy, 18% of registered voters approve of the way Bush is handling the economy and 78% disapprove.

A total of 82% of Americans say the national economy is getting worse and 68% say the national economy is in a recession.

The results presented here are based on 1,100 completed telephone interviews conducted among a nationwide random sample of adults 18 years and older. The interviews were completed September 16 through 19, 2008. The theoretical margin of error for the total sample is plus or minus 2.6 percentage points, 95% of the time, on questions where opinion is evenly split.

Overall, 19% of Americans say that they approve of the way George W. Bush is handling his job as president, 76% disapprove, and 5% are undecided.

http://www.americanresearchgroup.com/economy/

and another from around the same time;
 http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/oqys60fequgboqwumzs9sq.gif

http://www.gallup.com/poll/110806/Bushs-Approval-Rating-Drops-New-Low-27.aspx

if the polls are accurate, which we presume they are until shown to be otherwise, those who continue to approve of bush's job are nearly all in the republican dead enders column with a bit of help from right leaning indies.

SYNRON

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2008 08:58 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
Did you miss my previous post, Dont tread on me. I referenced Harry Truman who ended up with a 22% Job Approval Rating. I don't know if you know anything about Presidential Historians but you can find some comments on the Internet. When Ronald Reagan finished his last term of office, the left wing media was dismissive. Now, he is rated No, 12 among all presidents by a group of presidential historians. ou may not be aware that McCullough wrote a Pulitzer Prize winning biography entitled "Truman" in which he wrote--

P. 992

"Dean Acheson called him the captain with the mighty heart. George Marshall in 1948 said that it was the integrity of the man,more even than the courage of his decisions. Eric Severeid said--He stands like a rock in the memory now and was one of the great presidents of this century".

This, is the retropective for the man who left office with a 22% Job Apporoval Rating!

Do some reading, Dont Tread, Try the Truman book, It is a great book!
0 Replies