Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 03:15 pm
I just recieved my ballot, marked it and it's ready to mail. I don't need no stinking debates to know which one to support. (One surprise: I didn't know Nader was offering himslf as a write-in. I thought he was sitting this one out).
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,469 • Replies: 16

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 03:19 pm
@edgarblythe,
In Texas you can do that. In Massachusetts you can get an early ballot or an absentee ballot only if you can come up with a good excuse why you won't be at the polls on Election Day. (No, anticipating a wicked hangover doesn't count.)
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 03:22 pm
@edgarblythe,
I haven't received my ballot yet.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 03:23 pm
@edgarblythe,
about twice a week I get a phone call offering to send me a vote by mail; I always decline explaning that i enjoy the ritual of actually casting my vote.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 03:29 pm
@dyslexia,
I have not felt much like getting out lately. Something about the frantic pace at work, plus a few things I'm doing for my health makes me want to rest.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 04:04 pm
I LOVE vote by mail. That's the only way we do it here.

We get a fat voter's phamplet that expalins the pros and cons of each inititive, pros and cons of each canidate, etc. I love it I tell ya. It usually takes me about a week to get through the whole thing and I know I make much better, more informed decisions than I would otherwise. Oregon has a jillion things to vote on every election.

I should be getting my ballot any day now.....
Reyn

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 04:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
No, not until Oct 14th.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 04:57 pm
I got a brochure from the candidate I voted against, giving me the form to apply for my ballot. Thanks, dude.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 06:29 pm
@edgarblythe,
To me, the best reason to vote early is to bypass the computers. I have never trusted those things.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 06:36 pm
I never vote early. Here's why; about 12 years ago we had a good Republican candidate for state legislature. He was also chairman or something of the county party organization, and brother to the owner of Mesa Airlines. I don't recall the nature of the impropriety that came up a week before the election, but I just couldn't vote for him. The other Democrat I voted for was a personal friend.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 07:52 pm
@roger,
I'm willing to chance it.
hamburger

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2008 11:29 am
@boomerang,
boomer wrote :

Quote:
We get a fat voter's phamplet that expalins the pros and cons

just curious : did you do the intentionally ? <GRIN>
hbg
hamburger

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2008 11:34 am
@Reyn,
reyn wrote :

Quote:
No, not until Oct 14th.

we'll go to the advance poll this saturday . since the polling station is at the olympic harbour , it's a nice place to go for a walk by lake ontario .
hbg

there'll likely still be some sailors out on the lake

http://www.sailing.org/images/content/awards/07_YW_29erG_Weguelin_365.jpg

0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2008 01:20 pm
@hamburger,
<snork>

Good catch!

My bad.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2008 08:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
Hi, Edgar, glad you weathered the storm. I think that's probably the cause of your lack of energy. What an ordeal.
Like some of you, I feel a bit paranoid about the legality of the election. I suspect the only way McCain can win is by means of fraud.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2008 09:16 pm
@JLNobody,
Hi, jl. The other factor is, at the end of summer, I always feel drained. It's because east Texas is so hot and humid for so many months. By the end of October, I should be back to normal.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 09:06 pm
I didn't watch any debates. Does anybody here think they will change any minds?
0 Replies