Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 04:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I saw that. Yep, that's some real leadership he's showing. Smile
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 04:06 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

And. . . .this whole business about Obama bragging that a President has to be able to multitask? How many times has Bush been bashed when he 'waited too long' to do something or how he was absolutely slimed for continuing to read to elementary students after being advised of the World Trade Center bombing? He was expected to drop everything and focus on the immediate crisis immediately.

Indeed. Bush proved that one could protect the nation from terrorists AND find out how "My Pet Goat" ended -- all at the same time!
OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 04:13 pm
@kickycan,
To be fair; one of the two is going to Preside over the biggest debt mankind has ever known. As extraordinary of a number as $700 Billion is, if it was indeed arrived at as 5% of the notes in trouble; this staggering bill may prove to be no more than a piece of gum stuck in a leaking dam. Both men have a very deep vested interest in how the legislation is drafted... but I still can't see how that should affect an event on Friday Night.

Anyone who can't lead, both day AND night, is unfit to be President. I’ve always liked John McCain, but this is either a display of insultingly obvious political posturing, or a stunningly ill-timed display of insecurity. Either way; it looks VERY un-Presidential.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 04:14 pm
@joefromchicago,
Laughing
nimh

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 04:18 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Wrong is okay. It is the deliberately obtuse part that makes it so aggravating.

Jesus yeah. Thats it. I dont mind wrong either - I mind playing games.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 04:25 pm
@nimh,
As McCain's numbers continue to fall, we're going to be seeing more desperation in his speech and actions.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 05:12 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

The Palin interview is very VERY different on the clip than in the transcript. The transcript makes her look clueless. Watch the clip, howver, and you get a very different impression.

i did.

it didn't... Laughing
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 06:49 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
Most did, and didn't - except conservatives, but we already know that.
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 07:28 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Most did, and didn't - except conservatives, but we already know that.

jeeeeezzzzzzz.... i just saw it again.

lights are on. nobody's home. the papers are piling up on the porch. Confused
0 Replies

Lambchop

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 07:34 pm
@Robert Gentel,
I heard about this earlier today, but didn't want to mention it until it had been confirmed. Yeah, it now looks like this whole thing may have been a stunt to prevent the potential debacle of Palin trying to debate with Biden.

McCain first said that he agreed with the bailout plan. Then a couple days later, he admitted he hadn't read it yet. Sounds like he was really prepared to deal with the crisis. Rolling Eyes Sheesh!

Meanwhile, during Palin's interview, Katie Couric had to ask her three times if she knew of even one instance where McCain had ever supported regulation of any industry. Finally, after the third time, Palin answered, "I'll look it up and get back to you with the answer." Razz

Do we know if McCain has decided yet if he's going to show up tomorrow night?
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 07:58 pm
This isn't the first time that McCain has pulled this bait and switch trick and ducked out of presidential debates at the last minute when his poll numbers are going down. See my post here to read the February 28, 2000 article about it.
JTT

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 08:02 pm
@Butrflynet,
For heavens sakes, didn't have his homework done then either.

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 08:25 pm
@Lambchop,
Just about now, McCain should be hiding from all Americans for the way Palin answered Couric's questions today.

McCain now has another bombshell to provide the American people, change Palin for another beauty queen with brains.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 11:41 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
it is not a question of perfection but a question of decency.
We, the observers from outside expect a simple decent guy without much fanfare (which we had endured for the last 17 months) to sharpen their sword to butcher the poor innocents.

Showing the dirty linen in the name of USA as a flag will drive the decent rational people to keep aloof.
projecting the criminal corporations and putting their name in the RICHEST PEOPLE AROUND THE GLOBE will make a hungry innocent school girl in Eheopia to laugh.
After this barbaric banal pathetic compassionate conservative criminal calamity the observers still long to achieve the unachievable AMERICAN DREAM.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 12:59 am
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

This isn't the first time that McCain has pulled this bait and switch trick and ducked out of presidential debates at the last minute when his poll numbers are going down. See my post here to read the February 28, 2000 article about it.

i never knew this. thanx for the heads up bfn (is that cool?).

ms. dtom and i were talking about the whole cancel the debate, push the vp debate to a later date and replace with prezzy debate deal tonight.

mccain used to be a very credible candidate to me. back in the day. but it just sort of made me sad the way he's disgraced himself in this election.

it's just been so cheesy. i've never dug it when a pol says "my friends", but i was willing to let it slide to see what he had to say. too bad, it really hasn't been worth hearing. but taking on someone so unprepared as palin, letting some of the crappy accusations and spin stand ?

naw... thanx but no thanx bro.

now he wants to play this b.s. game of run out the clock? get a grip, jack.

yup. sad. mcain's fine wine has turned to vinegar.
Cliff Hanger

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 05:47 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
McCain is so deep in quicksand, his back-tracking will not save him from drowning in his own poop.

That remains to be seen-- there could always be an October surprise.
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 05:52 am
@kickycan,
Quote:
Was he really thinking of how they might help, or did he (or his buddies in the GOP) do it to try to give more credibility to McCain's idiotic ploy?

Could be. I don't think it's working. Do you?

From my view the general public is seeing a bunch of self-absorbed wind-bags duking it out again, when there are real issues at stake.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 06:44 am
@DontTreadOnMe,
DontTreadOnMe wrote:

mccain used to be a very credible candidate to me. back in the day. but it just sort of made me sad the way he's disgraced himself in this election.

Me too. I remember when I actually believed the Straight Talk Express. He got a primary vote from me in VA in 2000. But my eyes have been opening of late. I see him as impulsive and unthoughtful. Maybe reckless. And the ego! I never saw that before. I don't know if it's because he sees that the presidency is in reach and this is really his last chance to get it, or what, but so many times when he has attacked Obama for having some character flaw it just rings like projection to me. Like he's talking about himself. I can hardly believe how far he has fallen in my eyes.
JPB

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 06:56 am
@FreeDuck,
Me too.
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 07:06 am
@FreeDuck,
McCain offered an alternative to the usual button-down format of presidential politics in 2000. he had a lot of credibility because he was more himself he ignored the "get elected" wisdom and sort of steamrolled his way into the public-- he was entertaining, off the cuff, brash.

I wasn't a supporter of his, but he sure seemed appealing at the time. I remember mentioning this to a friend in 2000-- he looked at me and said "if McCain gets elected he'll look for any reason to get us into war."

0 Replies