Wall Street Journal: McCains assault on Cox 'un-presidential'

slkshock7

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 03:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
CI,
Yeah, because I agree with Bush on a number of key issues as well, in fact, probably most (but certainly not all) of the same ones that McCain agrees with him on. I also disagree with Bush (and McCain) on certain issues.

However, at the end of the day, I agree with McCain's stated position on most issues far more than I agree with the stated positions of Obama. How much my positions, or McCain's positions, or even Obama's sync up with Bush's positions is irrelevant. Now how many of McCain's positions survive his first 100 days as president is a concern....but wouldn't even have that much comfort with Obama.
JTT

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 03:35 pm
@slkshock7,
Quote:
Yeah, because I agree with Bush on a number of key issues as well, in fact, probably most (but certainly not all) of the same ones that McCain agrees with him on.

This is the point, SS. How can you support a man that's responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocents, all based on lies?
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 03:41 pm
@slkshock7,
slkshock, All generalities without any details - like all the rhetoric being parroted by McCain. Do you understand the difference, or not?
0 Replies

slkshock7

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 04:21 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
How can you support a man that's responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocents, all based on lies?

Because the war was not "based on lies"...despite the left's perpetual shouting of that fact (how many more times do we have to hear this old chestnu? Don't you realize that people have made up their mind long ago on this subject? just let it drop...sheesh...this old "yes, he did"..."no, he didn't" is just ridiculous at this point). Bush can no more be accused of lying than your VP candidate or any other politician who voted to go in back in 2003.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 08:26 am
@slkshock7,
Of course he can, Silk; because he was at the top. What ever happened to 'responsibility' being a Republican idea? What happened to 'the buck stops here?'

There's ample evidence that Bush lied leading up to the war and most Americans believe he lied us into war.

Cycloptichorn
slkshock7

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 10:08 am
@Cycloptichorn,
sigh....OK whatever you say... Rolling Eyes
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 11:40 am
@slkshock7,
slk, It's not so much what Cyclo says; it's what is out there in web-land that are full of the lies and innuendos of the Bush crime team. You can start here:

http://projects.publicintegrity.org/WarCard/?gclid=COjTpK668pUCFQ8QagodYCUFew
slkshock7

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 02:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Surely you don't believe everything that is out there "in web-land"???

I can counter...why don't you start here:
http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110007540

or here:
http://www.nationalreview.com/york/york060303.asp

The so-called lies of the Bush administration to lead us into war have been debated on A2K ad-nauseum so lets please not go there. You won't convince me and I won't convince you.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 05:16 pm
@slkshock7,
Not everything; but the ones I trust are those that have some evidence from other sources. I don't even trust what our government stats shows, because they have an "agenda." I don't believe Bush tells the truth, because there are so many lies that have been confirmed and verified with facts.

I don't even believe everything Obama says.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 05:18 pm
@slkshock7,
Do you really know who Podhertz is? ROFL You are not only ignorant, but a stupid ignoramous.

http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/1320.html
slkshock7

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 06:26 am
@cicerone imposter,
Podhertz has a pretty impressive resume....certainly much better than yours or mine. Thanks for the link.
0 Replies