eoe

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 10:18 am
Does anyone else find Lafayette, in his turbans and nail polish, a bit over the top for a small southern town?
squinney

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 10:34 am
Maybe, but he's still a great character.

What Sam was doing on the bed when the other woman was killed... he was being a dog. Sniffing and behaving as I imagine a dog would if they lost a friend.

I hadn't considered the possibility of vampire bllod being in the Sookie / Jason line. Since their parents were killed (car crash?) before the story starts, maybe there is something to that.

The conversation last night between Bill and Sam was interesting. Lots of hints and insights into what several relationship connections might be. (Bear hasn't seen it yet, so I won't elaborate at the moment.)

One of the things I really like about the show is that there is more to it than vampires. I see a lot of connections to current societal views, changes, movements, etc.

I just don't want to find out this season only has 10 episodes and then we have to wait until next year. I hate when HBO does that.
eoe

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 11:21 am
@squinney,
I'm afraid that's their season schedule.
Well gee, if the Bear hasn't seen it yet then we can't talk about it.
Why hasn't he seen it yet?

I see Lafayette and think about my gay cousin who grew up in Louisiana, graduated from high school and hopped the first thing moving to New Orleans. But that's real life, I know, and Lafayette is just a character on a tv show. He is quite entertaining, and alot truer to many queens I've known than most tv characters are.
squinney

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 11:22 am
@eoe,
He worked last night.

I'll just tell him not to peek in here if you want to post about it now.

0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 03:31 pm
@eoe,
Quote:
Does anyone else find Lafayette, in his turbans and nail polish, a bit over the top for a small southern town?

Yes. But then again, they live in a town full of vampires.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 03:34 pm
@squinney,
Quote:
I just don't want to find out this season only has 10 episodes and then we have to wait until next year. I hate when HBO does that.

I hate it even more when they just drop the show after a few seasons (Deadwood and John from Cincinnati).

I'm hoping this show has more durability, since everyone seems to love vampires. Although, I've read that the show is based on some books, so once the story line of the books is uses up, they may just quit. I guess it all depends on ratings.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 03:42 pm
I didn't like this last episode very much. There was a lot of character development, but not much plot production.

I'm beginning to think that when Sam sleeps he inhabits the mind of that dog, rather than becoming the dog directly (since they appeared in a scene together). But it's pretty clear that both Bill and Sam are watching Sukie, but I wonder if they are both protecting her, or if Bill is protecting and Sam is hunting. And I think Bill's right, the grandmother wasn't the intended victim, and I don't think it's a vampire that's doing the killing.

When Sam was rolling around in the dead girl's bed I got the feeling there was something a lot weirder going on that just some sniffing. He arrived with rubber gloves on, and seemed to be "exceedingly" involved in the scent in the room.

0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 03:44 pm
@squinney,
Quote:
The conversation last night between Bill and Sam was interesting. Lots of hints and insights into what several relationship connections might be. (Bear hasn't seen it yet, so I won't elaborate at the moment.)

I would be interested in hearing what hints you picked up, once Bear has seen it.
squinney

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2008 08:09 pm
@rosborne979,
Okay, was that SAM running from the house of vamps?

What was HE doing there?
squinney

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2008 09:05 pm
@rosborne979,
The hints I picked up on from episode 6:

Gran is dead. Bill tells Sam this is not the time or place to "mark your territory." Also, Bill says he has been around a while and Sam says he knows her pretty well himself, suggesting he has been too.

Sam, in talking about his family says they aren't close, he was pretty much on his own.. ah crap... and something else I can't temember now that made it sound more like he was kept than reared. I think it was a reference to his "parents" as his owners / handlers or something similar which would be a dogs perspective.

We haven't heard how Sookie and Jasons parents died, have we? The conversation in Episode 6 with Sam suggesting he knows a lot about Sookie made me wonder if he went back that far in Sookies life....

0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2008 09:14 pm
@squinney,
Quote:
Okay, was that SAM running from the house of vamps?

I don't know. And what was whoever it was, doing running around buck naked.

This show is leaving lots of hints, but they aren't tying anything up yet. I hope they don't do like "Heroes" and open up so many plot lines that the show becomes shallow and sloppy.

squinney

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2008 09:20 pm
@rosborne979,
The naked buck was the one I thought was Sam. Don't know why but he seemed to be running from the house the guys had just set on fire, which I thought was Sams house, but then the preview for next week shows the coffins being brought out... But then the vamps in the bar DID say they had just got a house and were now locals, so maybe they have something over Sam and he had to let them move in?
rosborne979

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2008 09:33 pm
I've been frustrated with the last two episodes because they plot doesn't seem to be progressing.

Jason became a "V" addict, Sookie got laid, an old voodoo lady killed a possum and Sam is running around naked.

It's interesting that vampires can be killed by house-fires (seems like a pretty big weakness if people know where they live).

Meanwhile the mysteries are accumulating:
There's a non-vampire killer still running around on the loose.
Sam is "linked" to that dog somehow and continues to do odd things.
Sookie is telekinetic but never uses it (may not even know she has it).
This show might have "Demons" in it as well as vampires, telekinetic girls, and canine bar owners.

0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2008 09:37 pm
@squinney,
I don't think that was Sam's house that burned down. Sam has a trailer house right next to the bar. The house that burned was the house the Vampires said they just moved into.

The war vet and the detective in the boat said that the naked man was Sam, and I figured he was running away from the burning house, but it wasn't clear why he was there in first place, *if* he was running from that house at all, and why he was naked. I was surprised that the guys in the boat didn't see the smoke from the house if they were that close to it. Maybe Sam has been running a long way.

squinney

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2008 09:42 pm
@rosborne979,
Ah, I was confused about the trailer... Remember the scene of Sam throwing the ball for the dog? He was at the house that burned down in that scene, right?
McGentrix

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 07:44 am
@squinney,
No, different house. Sam lives next to the bar.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 09:24 am
I don't know about you but True Blood has kind of become a "watch it if I have time" sort of show.

eoe

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 10:54 am
@Bella Dea,
Not me. It's become my Sunday night wind down, along with Entourage. These are the only 2 programs I watch regularly now.

It is getting a bit frustrating tho. I mean, their grandmother was murdered, hacked up, and neither Sooky nor Jason seem to be the least bit moved by that fact. Aren't we trying to find the killer/s? Or not?
shewolfnm

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 10:58 am
@eoe,
I dont think she is 'totally dead'
Im wondering if there is a possibility that she comes back later on..
rosborne979

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 11:43 am
@shewolfnm,
She looked totally dead to me, but I suppose anythings possible in a vampire show.

I think Bill slept in the ground during the burning of the house, so I'm sure he's still "alive" (not melted into a pile of goo). I think it's Bill's hand which reaches out of the ground and grabs Sookie's ankle in the scenes they showed for next week.

0 Replies