Ben Stein Reacts to Selection of Palin As VP

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 11:31 am

Transcript:
Ben Stein: I don't think she has said a word in her whole life about the national economy -- which contributes to making this one of the oddest choices in the history of presidential politics. I think this may go down as the most peculiar Vice Presidential choice there's ever been.

Ben Stein: Look they were selling themselves as the team and ticket of experience -- that's out the window. They're selling themselves as the ticket of steady habits -- that's out the window. They're selling themselves as the ticket of people who are ready to deal with America in a foreign policy crisis -- that's out the window. What we have now is back to what you might call fundamentalist, born-again backwoods values of the United States of America. That's fine. I love those values. I'm all for them. I believe in intelligent design and I'm probably the only person to be on CNN who believes in that, but let us be fair about this. She's a very different person from what John McCain was advertising himself as and in terms of the economy, as far as I know, she has absolutely zero background in it. She's got to have around her some very very smart people telling her the basics of the economy, telling her the basics of foreign policy; night and day. She's going to have to be like that business in the Superman movie where the little Superman baby was traveling through space and they're giving him a tape of all the knowledge in the world for him to absorb. She's going to have to have people like Martin Feldstein from Harvard, probably the best Republican economist in America, around her every second drilling into her head what she's got to know. She should have Henry Kissinger babysitting her.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,921 • Replies: 7

dyslexia

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 11:35 am
@Butrflynet,
very interesting
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 01:10 pm
Ben Stein lost all credibility by associating himself with that movie Expelled. Now it's hard to trust anything he says.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 01:18 pm
@rosborne979,
Stein's last viable words were uttered when he repeated "Bueller" many years ago.

Ben Stein needs a babysitter.
0 Replies

Woiyo9

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 11:38 am
Message to Ben Stein....SHE WAS A GOVERNOR OF ALASKA. SHE HAD TO WORRY ABOUT HER STATE ECONOMY.

She is responsible for a budget of over 20B.

What was the biggest budget Oblama had to be responsible for?
parados

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 09:30 pm
@Woiyo9,
I will assume you just made a typo with your number.
Woiyo9

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 06:39 am
@parados,
Yes I did.

11.2Billion for FY 2008 with about 15,000 employees.

Sorry!
parados

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 06:52 am
@Woiyo9,
Of which over 2.5 billion came from the Federal government and 2 billion was being returned to Alaskan citizens in the form of rebates.

It does make you wonder when a state gives rebates to its citizens that are almost as much as it gets from the Federal government, doesn't it?
0 Replies