If Biden And Obama Aren't Qualified

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 10:02 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
18 replies and no one has answered my simple straightforward question

I answered it, you just didn't like my answer. Let me rephrase:

It says he's not qualified either. Thus, it makes sense to vote for the ticket with the most qualifications for president: McCain/Palin.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 10:09 pm
@Ticomaya,
thjat's the first time you answered clearly and straight out. Thank you. I disagree but thanks.
Ticomaya

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 10:34 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
"He is the least experienced candidate in at least the last 100 years."
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 11:08 pm
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

cicerone imposter wrote:
What's cheaper is how the republicans are promoting a woman with hardly any national experience to be the VP of this country when they have many qualified people in their party.

What national experience did Clinton have before he was elected President?

Why, he was a governor, of course.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 02:40 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I thought she was suing the government to keep you off the endangered species list?
DrewDad

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 07:15 am
@eoe,
eoe wrote:

You didn't do anything, Bear. EXCEPT JUST NOW YOU CALLED HER A BITCH! Why? Why go there? It's so uncalled for.

In all fairness, he calls male politicians names, too.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 07:22 am
@dlowan,
which will in turn MAKE me an endangered species.....right?
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 07:24 am
@gungasnake,
Yes, but Joe biden has a long record of experience, too, when comparing him to McCain.

The difference is, if Obama can't lead, for whatever reason, Joe Biden can. If McCain can't lead, for whatever reason, then we're stuck with a fundamentalist Christian with an ultra-conservative agenda-- and that leaves me to question her judgement. Remember, this is a woman who considers "it's God's will" to go to war with Iraq.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 07:26 am
@DrewDad,
gosh it was a little joke. It wouldn't have had the samer impact had I said "This loving soccer mom" Wink

On top of that , one of the few things I take seriously in this world is advocacy for children and as far as I'm concerned a person who would set aside their obligations to their children to advance their career is a bitch.

I left my first two children to pursue a career and have never forgiven myself.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 07:27 am
@Cliff Hanger,
well put.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 07:55 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Is that just for women or are all people supposed to set aside their jobs for their kids? If Palin was a man none of this would have even come up and that's just sad.

I doubt Palin is setting aside her obligations to her children. If that's how you see it then that's on you.
FreeDuck

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 08:06 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bear, I never thought I'd see you and Dr. Laura in agreement. I can't go with you there, though.
DrewDad

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 08:09 am
@FreeDuck,
I think Palin and Obama are both making a mistake running a campaign with young kids.

They both have every right to do so, however.
Eva

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 08:22 am
@DrewDad,
Obama's not trying to breastfeed a special needs infant while doing it, though.
That takes LOTS of time, and it's top priority in scheduling. I know. I worked and nursed a baby (not special needs) at the same time, and frankly, my work suffered. There is only so much that one person can do.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 09:50 am
@McGentrix,
I HAVE a special needs child friend. I've given up MANY opportunities to look after and care for him. And that doesn't make me special.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 09:51 am
@DrewDad,
agreed....both are reaching too high too early.
As the saying goes you have every right to throw a punch....but it ends at the tip of my nose.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 12:55 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Pause and think about how she might advance interest in special needs children if elected. My God, we've got Firefly on the other thread implying that Palin should have kept her youngest child hidden from view last night. I don't see this as a negative thing, unless you are hell bent on being negative about it. In which case, knock yourself out.
kuvasz

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 01:46 pm
@Ticomaya,
ticomaya said
Quote:
Pause and think about how she might advance interest in special needs children if elected. My God, we've got Firefly on the other thread implying that Palin should have kept her youngest child hidden from view last night. I don't see this as a negative thing, unless you are hell bent on being negative about it. In which case, knock yourself out.

Okay, I made the pause, but also paused to consider the following that when Gov Palin had a chance to provide full funding to teenage mothers in need of a home to live in she slashed the legislative approved funding in half. So based upon reality instead of your tinter bell wish of "might advance" an interest in special needs children, in reality, when given a opportunity to support the neediest members of society, she failed miserably. I would suggest that your propaganda-like rhetoric of her "potentially" doing the right thing does not mesasure up and tip the scales to the reality of a situation where a person in a leadership position fails to help those at the bottom of society. But that's just Republicans, isn't it?

http://media.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2008/09/02/PH2008090202312.jpg

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin wrote in her line-item veto changes by hand in this copy of a 2008 spending bill obtained by The Washington Post.

Quote:
Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, the Republican vice-presidential nominee who revealed Monday that her 17-year-old daughter is pregnant, earlier this year used her line-item veto to slash funding for a state program benefiting teen mothers in need of a place to live.

After the legislature passed a spending bill in April, Palin went through the measure reducing and eliminating funds for programs she opposed. Inking her initials on the legislation -- "SP" -- Palin reduced funding for Covenant House Alaska by more than 20 percent, cutting funds from $5 million to $3.9 million. Covenant House is a mix of programs and shelters for troubled youths, including Passage House, which is a transitional home for teenage mothers.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/09/02/palin_slashed_funding_to_help.html
Ticomaya

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 02:05 pm
@kuvasz,
kuvasz wrote:

ticomaya said
Quote:

Okay, I made the pause, but also paused to consider the following that when Gov Palin had a chance to provide full funding to teenage mothers in need of a home to live in she slashed the legislative approved funding in half. So based upon reality instead of your tinter bell wish of "might advance" an interest in special needs children, in reality, when given a opportunity to support the neediest members of society, she failed miserably. I would suggest that your propaganda-like rhetoric of her "potentially" doing the right thing does not mesasure up and tip the scales to the reality of a situation where a person in a leadership position fails to help those at the bottom of society. But that's just Republicans, isn't it?

Well, that's a hell of a "non-sequitur." Teenage Mothers" is not the special needs demographic being discussed. But go right on an knock yourself out with your line-item veto discussion ....

kuvasz

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 02:12 pm
@Ticomaya,
Quote:
Well, that's a hell of a "non-sequitur." Teenage Mothers" is not the special needs demographic being discussed. But go right on an knock yourself out with your line-item veto discussion ....

"Special needs" include teenage mothers who have no home.

0 Replies