Latest Challenges to the Teaching of Evolution

Leadfoot

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 01:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
The word "morality" was created by someone. That someone was a human or homo sapien. The word has a meaning.

The sad part is, I bet you don’t even know you are dodging the question with that answer.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 01:22 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Leadfoot, You're the one that needs to learn the meaning of words. There's no cure for stupid. You and Trump are good examples of "moron"
0 Replies

Helloandgoodbye

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 01:25 pm
@Leadfoot,
That is a possibility.
However, all of those who embrace evolutionism have failed and continue to fail to explain the origins of morality, And who dictates right from wrong. He Is not alone, and it seems none of his fellow believers want to step up to the plate either.
The best answer I have ever gotten is we are nothing but mammals so let’s do it like they do on the discovery channel.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 01:48 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
H&g, There is no relationship between evolution and the origins of morality. Evolution is the natural process of nature. Morality attempts to describe the difference between what is right and what is wrong and is culturally acquired.
Helloandgoodbye

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 02:41 pm
@cicerone imposter,
There is a big relationship between the two.
A mere attempt to distinguish rightFrom wrong?
So in other words what you are saying is that because we are modified pond scum (bacteria) and modified fish etc. we cannot know right from wrong. For that matter there is no right or wrong.... just go with the culture.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 02:49 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
Your attempts to put words in my posts that doesn't even come close to it are laughable at best. Your imagination is amazing: You're able to arrive at conclusions that has no relationship - all by yourself. You're a good fiction writer. Facts are your weakest skills.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 07:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Morality attempts to describe the difference between what is right and what is wrong and is culturally acquired.

You're just kicking the can down the road.

Who decides which culture got it right?
farmerman

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 07:27 pm
@Leadfoot,
look up moral relativism, Im gonna say that this concept evolved too.
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 07:31 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
Quote:
The best answer I have ever gotten is we are nothing but mammals.

The real purests among them will call that bigotry. It implies mammals are superior to other animals. There is no logical or scientific reason to see mammals (even us homo Saps.) as morally superior to any animal.

That is the box they have painted themselves into. There is no exit.
farmerman

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 07:52 pm
@Leadfoot,
since youve given up trying to cobble a logical argument for the teaching of your mythology in science classes, Now all you can do is fling insults.
Very grown up of you .

Quietly you ignore the continuing requests for ANY EVIDENCE at all for the "scientific basis " of ID, and all you can do is agree with H&G "the son of gumga"

0 Replies

Helloandgoodbye

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 03:39 am
@Leadfoot,
Well said. Which culture, or which person decides who has it right.

I agree with the author of the book of Judges which observed when God goes anything goes.
‘Everyman does what is right in his own eyes.’
Each person becomes their own God, or ‘king’ dictating right and wrong.(Which is why Falsereligion like evolutionism is so attractive to so many, The majority even )
And from what I understand, people who seek to make themselves Gods will in the end to be separated from the one true God, as they Will refuse to submit, and will rebel to take the throne, Just as the book of revelation has revealed.

Topics like Multiple sex partners, psychics, incest, pedophilia, strip clubs, beastiality, cursing and swearing, polygamy, cannibalism, orgies, cross dressing, transgender/homosexuality, abortion/ Child sacrifice , drugs, handling $ and list goes on.....( and of course those rely on their own wisdom and come to the conclusion that whales can grow legs and reptiles grow feathers just as monkeys can turn into man)

This world is so mixed up. I can only wonder how bad it was in the days of Noah.

0 Replies

Helloandgoodbye

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 03:39 am
@Leadfoot,
Well said. Which culture, or which person decides who has it right.

I agree with the author of the book of Judges which observed when God goes anything goes.
‘Everyman does what is right in his own eyes.’
Each person becomes their own God, or ‘king’ dictating right and wrong.(Which is why Falsereligion like evolutionism is so attractive to so many, The majority even )
And from what I understand, people who seek to make themselves Gods will in the end to be separated from the one true God, as they Will refuse to submit, and will rebel to take the throne, Just as the book of revelation has revealed.

Topics like Multiple sex partners, psychics, incest, pedophilia, slavery, strip clubs, beastiality, cursing and swearing, polygamy, cannibalism, orgies, cross dressing, transgender/homosexuality, abortion/ Child sacrifice , drugs, handling $ and list goes on.....( and of course those rely on their own wisdom and come to the conclusion that whales can grow legs and reptiles grow feathers just as monkeys can turn into man)

This world is so mixed up. I can only wonder how bad it was in the days of Noah.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 04:12 am
Apart from demonstrating the lunacy of religion as a moral compass, one does wonder what the last several posts have to do with challenges to the teaching of evolution. Christians are so hateful . . . it's just disgusting.
Helloandgoodbye

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 04:24 am
@Setanta,
Defining morality is a challenge to evolutionism.
I agree, religion is quite crazy as a moral compass.
As the saying goes, hate the sin, not the sinner.
Setanta

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 05:51 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
I'm not buying that old "evolutionism" crapola. That's a political term used by those who are frightened of evolutionary theory. I am not politically invested in evolution, I simply consider it to be the best explanation for the diversity of life on this planet. People who believe in "sin" are hateful at the outset--basically, you're saying "I hate the way you are, if you were only the way I want you to be, I'd love you." Christianity in all it's forms is a system of hate and control. Do us both a favor, and don't address me directly, you and your cant disgust me.
oralloy

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 06:28 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
You wouldent recognize a falsehood if it bit you on the a??. You have proven this fact time and time again by the many lies you have posted here almost every day.
Nope. I'm completely correct in everything that I've said. You just don't like it when people post facts.
0 Replies

Helloandgoodbye

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 07:16 am
@Setanta,
I used to consider the teaching of evolution The best explanation for diversity too, and now I consider it’s not just bad Scientific theory, but a religious worldview because it takes much Faith to believe that natural causes and produce biological lifeforms, and that these lifeforms can And design and engineer themselves. But you are free to believe in this.

I Love my children despite the sinful things they do, always will. And love myself too, although I do not like the things I do.
You got it completely backwards, Which is probably why you say you are ‘disgusted.’
Either that, or you just do not like to acknowledge the fact that there something wrong with human nature, and are trying to create a worldview to dodge the truth.(just like many ppl do with atheism/evolutionism)
farmerman

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 07:45 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
show me where your myth based "science" has even been used in some problem solving manner. Never happened .

Either you understand evidence or you dont. Its obvious that you dont, so live your myth and be well. Just dont try to make believe its science .
Helloandgoodbye

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 08:09 am
@farmerman,
Ditto....or rather, quite the opposite.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 08:10 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
look up moral relativism, Im gonna say that this concept evolved too.

Nope. In this case, CI is correct. 100% invented by humans.

0 Replies