Latest Challenges to the Teaching of Evolution

Setanta

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2018 01:35 pm
@farmerman,
Even before the use of LIDAR, the Ordnance Survey of the UK found "plague villages" in England and Scotland in the same manner when they did aerial photography for their new map survey--in the 1930s. What people had assumed for centuries were open meadows were revealed as the sites of villages which literally died out in the 14th century. LIDAR (sonic-based) and SLAR (side-looking aerial and satellite radar) could probably find a lot more, but most archaeological projects don't command those sorts of resources.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2018 01:47 pm
It would be a kick in the ass for academic archaeologists if they are forced to accept something like the Solutrean hypothesis. More than a decade ago, a geneticist in Canada published genetic data for aboriginal populations in Canada which showed that whereas ancient European MtDNA haplotypes show up in about 3% of all aboriginal people of the Americas, that rises to 25% in aboriginal populations in Eastern Canada. He was resolutely ignored, because the Solutrean hypothesis had been formally poo-pooed by the academic community. It would be almost impossible to find a significant sample of aboriginals in the eastern United States. But the recent finds in Florida, just like the decades old (and resolutely ignored) finds in southern Chile completely upset the 12500 ybp, Beringia land migration apple cart upon which so many academics have based their careers. That entire paradigm is crumbling under the constant assaults of the Solutrean hypothesis and the finds in Florida and Chile. The problem, and this runs through all of the sciences and disciplines, is that academics have a stake in maintaining the narrative under which they began their careers, so they're likely to close ranks, bury their heads in the sand and deny, deny, deny. That ain't science, but science and careful research always defeat it, sooner or later.
Helloandgoodbye

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2018 01:49 pm
@farmerman,
You say the ability for Tiktaalik to be able to swivel his head is proof of evolution, the kind that can turn a fish into a bird, But just like cicerones Example of finches, this proves nothing outside of minor variations within each created kind of specie.So why even type it up and post it?
Why? Because These are the kind of arguments that are ever on going just like any other religious sect like Mormons, Islamists, Jehovah’s Witness, and yes, evolutionists Like religious gurus Richard Dawkins, and Bill Nye, and their followers too.
Just because there may be a car or airplane with unique attributes in all of the world, just as a fish me have unique attributes, this does not amount to much of an argument or fish turning into birds and such. But There it is. Just as you cannot acknowledge that dating tech leads are full of unreliable assumptions, I just hope you do not really understand, and that like someone caught up in any false teaching like Islam, Mormonism and so on, you will come around.
Helloandgoodbye

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2018 01:52 pm
@edgarblythe,
Just for the record, it is not a snake who is deceiving the whole world with things like evolution or islam right now, and it was not a snake in the garden of Eden.
Do you suppose something or someone would have used a deception like evolution with Adam and eve? Two people who first hand got to witness God‘s creative power? Of course not. He can and will use people like Dawkins and things like Evolutionism to deceiveNow yes because they are at his disposal. People like Richard Dawkins and our brother farmerman now yes because they are at his disposal.

As for people setting up shop in the belly of a fish, or waters parting a sea, Sure these things are not natural and are impossible unless Whoever created the universe stepped in, then no sweat
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2018 01:55 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
Are you accusing farmerman of lying?
Helloandgoodbye

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2018 01:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
No, just spreading misinformation like any other religious sect, but hopefully ‘innocently’
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2018 02:41 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
Quote:
You say the ability for Tiktaalik to be able to swivel his head is proof of evolution, the kind that can turn a fish into a bird,
I didnt say that, you just did dummy.
that trait was a single aspect of many features that Tiktaliik has over eustenopteron. Features that, with even more amphibian-like features, would , by mid Devonian, evience amphibians crawl out on the swampy ground. All these features can b tied to geological epochs .
If you dont want to understand or cant understan, try a library, Im losing patience with your sillinss.
Im sorry that your mind is totally closed by virtue of your religion's kind of" mind control".
farmerman

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2018 02:53 pm
@Setanta,
Yeh but aint it neat that were living in a time where several major shifts in various natural sciences have refreshed the pool of knowledge 1. Wisconsinian arrivals of Europeans and their blending with Native Americans (A two door entry hypotheses)
2. Continental drift
3.Genomics
4.exploring Mars

etc etc etc.

As the song sez
"Its good to be alive,
Right about now..."

0 Replies

Helloandgoodbye

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2018 02:58 pm
@farmerman,
Even better, now because it has a few different features compared to Eusthenopteron, that makes it a good candidate for a ‘transitional biological machine’ you say....
Agsin, just because some airplanes have designed/engineered features differing from another, it is pointless stating it could be proof that they evolved from each other. Then again, Maybe there is some truth to transformers. The ‘Cube’....hmmm.
Maybe one day, after this civilization blows itself up, someone will dig up car and airplane parts, find similarities, and say ‘the cube’ did it. Never know with the mind of sinful mankind.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2018 03:02 pm
These are indeed exciting times, from that point of view. It was an American academic who got the attention for the Chilean archaeological research. I don't remember what school, but they backed him up when everyone else was criticizing him (him, not his data or methodology). It's probably too much to hope that universities will develop some intestinal fortitude, though--that academic turf protecting is probably one of the eternal verities.

Fish have turned into birds--and humans, for that matter--it just took hundreds of millions of years. Comments like that from the god botherers are wonderful examples of invincible ignorance.
Helloandgoodbye

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2018 08:23 am
@Setanta,
Well said Set,
That is another thing with the religious teaching of evolution, is that it teaches humans are modified fish, so eat up?! Lol. Or that humans are just modified bacteria or pond scum Sad What a terrible thing to teach children.
Of course people who preach and teach this false teaching of atheism/evolution borrow from the truth that human kind is created in the image of God, and should be treated with dignity and respect.
Contradictive, and Where there is contradictions, there is no truth.
farmerman

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2018 08:49 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
As chef Ramsey always said. "I hate to even talk with folks on the internet who argue like they are crafting the FINAL WORD of a one sided argument" (you been arguing with him?)

At least your never in doubt.

Helloandgoodbye

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2018 09:14 am
@farmerman,
what’s ur thoughts regarding this challenge to evolutionary teachings? Do we treat ppl like modified fish and bacteria?
farmerman

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2018 09:16 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
why would we do that?
Leadfoot

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2018 09:21 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
quora wont tolrate fools as much as A2K does,

Maybe why I haven’t seen you there?
Stop by sometime, you’ll recognize me, been there for years..
Helloandgoodbye

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2018 09:29 am
@farmerman,
Why would we do what? Treat people like modified fish and modified bacteria?
Why not? Who is to say that that is right or wrong? You? Me?
farmerman

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2018 09:43 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
I suppose for some,assuming that they were modified fish would be discussing something over their head .
If I were to ask you whether you accept the evidence that humans were descended from a common ancestor common to other great apes, would you know why you accept or deny?.
Helloandgoodbye

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2018 09:53 am
@farmerman,
Assuming? I thought you teach that It is a fact that humanity is modified bacteria ....from space possibly? (Panspermia)
farmerman

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2018 10:06 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
Quote:
what’s ur thoughts regarding this challenge to evolutionary teachings
I really dont give a **** what you believe
runs your world. Youre just a pawn in a chess game of life, so shall I call you Mongo?
My only concern is that, as a former teacher, Im somewhat surprised how simplistic and outright dumass some worldviews have become as we wonder why the Chinese are beginning to at our lunches in areas where we , and European countries have been the classic leaders in the modern world.(Like, Im amazed at your "critiques" of radio -isotopic dating but apparently you know really NOTHING about how its even done--)

Modern BIOLOGICAL and MEDICAL SCIENCES are (Im sorry to inform you) BASED upon neo- Darwinian evolutionary theory. (At least 8 very top notch US mmedical universities and research centers are CHAIRED by paleontologists or Evo/Devo researchers) AND--- There IS NO raging disagreement among contributing scientists regarding evolution . Thats all crap that guys like gunga snake publish every coupla months when he posts cherry picked quotes or listing dead ngineers and dentists as "Experts " in developmental biology.

ALSO Common ancestry in all life is a matter that is evidenced indisputably, aaaand HUMAN BEINGS created gods, not the otherway around (the last one was me opining my proof is the historical record of the "evolution" of all these gods that people worship and yet cannot agree on )

Consequently , if you try to act like a fool and be a defiant denier of science in your worldview, I shall work diligently to see that you and those of your ilk who actually believe in Creationism ID (CID), do not have the opportunity to spread this BS to our kids in public schools. I have no control over Fundamentalist parochial schools except to recognize that most of those kids wont become scientists (unless they, like Mike Behe or Steve Austen) they must "make believe" that they want to work as real scientists during their graduate studies. What you wish to do to your kids, sadly, is not under my control. EXCEPT that theres more real jobs for the biology majors that understand and adapt to evolutionry theory.
farmerman

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2018 10:11 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
Quote:
I thought you teach that It is a fact that humanity is modified bacteria ....from space possibly? (Panspermia)
Oh yeh, another thing you guys lack, is reading comprehension couple that with your fanatical obsession with misquoting people and youve got your debate skills in a can.
Ive taught Panspermia as a philosophical option that cannot be discounted at this point. I call panspermia the " intergalactic UPS truck for the origin of life" .Its NOT ID nor is it "Theistic Evolution" For that we need even waaaay more intensive evidence.

In order to even suggest Pnspermic ID, We would need some strong evidence waay heftier than the origin of chromosome 1 and Chromosome 1 and 2, relationships to humans and bonobos, respectively.
0 Replies