The 2008 Democrat Convention

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 09:00 pm
Biden - 65 years old.

Does he really lust for the position of VP?

Let's say Obama wins in 2008 and runs in 2012.

Biden will be 73 years old when he takes on the mantle.

Clearly, he didn't come even close to a dig against McCain's age...of course not.

OH MY GOD ....BARACK IS ON THE STAGE!!!!

I think I might pee myself!

Now Michelle smiles.

OH GOD WE CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT THIS GUY!

Barrack Obama, Superstar!

We are moving to Mile High Stadium because....ordinary people do extraordinary things!

Yeah right.

We're constructing a replica of the Parthenon becuase we believe ordinary people love Greek architecture!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 09:03 pm
"We are family!"

Is that the Biden or Obama anthem?

Are you going to vote for Obama because Joe Biden's grandaughter is adorable?
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 09:06 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Much of what we do is decided subconsciously, the vainer of rationality is laid over the top......yes, the social dynamics that you mock make all of the difference between victory and defeat.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 09:07 pm
If you were true friends with someone would you feel comfortable with disembowling them on national television?

Biden did.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 09:08 pm
@snood,
Finn, I really have to question this sentiment, as well.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 09:08 pm
@hawkeye10,
And so it is not deserving of mockery?
Lash

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 09:13 pm
Biden was a great pick. The only better I could imagine would have been Sam Nunn...but the reasons I like Biden were readily apparent in his words. He is a hero of a father....a Truthteller... I liked the way he admitted McC is a friend, but drew distinctions as he had to. I was also touched that Michelle was in tears at the Biden Story. A great moment for the convention. When Barack walked out and capitalized on the moment...it was good use of screen time.

The best night BY FAR for the Convention...and tomorrow night promises even better. Note to peeps: I am judging the convention....not the reality of an Obama presidency.

(smiling)
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 09:13 pm
@Lash,
And this tells you that as much as Biden is a good guy concerning his family (and he really is), that he is more than capable of sublimating his principles and friendships if it will secure him power and position.

This isn't a Democratic pathology alone, and so we should look to the Republican Convention for similar shitty examples.

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 09:14 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn said
Quote:
And so it is not deserving of mockery

No, because it makes you look like a fool......like you don't know about people.

Besides the GOP will do the same sort of thing......the convention is a party for the faithful and a sales pitch to the masses, for both parties. Both parties will use proven sales techniques, making the personal connection is the most important thing. Anyone who has ever been a salesman will agree with me.
Lash

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 09:14 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Agreed on the second paragraph. I intend to be just as objective.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 09:32 pm
@Lash,
I like Biden, but all VP candidates (witness Gore/Lieberman) are compelled to sublimate their personal principles to advance the goals of the main gazzain's desire to win the presidency.

Michelle cried. Good grief do you really believe these people are not in complete control of their tear ducts? More telling was her her inability to stop gritting her teeth during Hillary's speech.

Tomorrow night is the Cecil B DeMille presentation of the Barrack Obama Miracle Show.

Does he not have the big ears of the prophet? Is he not incapable of looking directly on point? Does he not require the temple of the prophet for the facade of his pronouncement?

I'm still hoping he will lose in November, but if he wins will all of you Obamanics require him to live up to the grandiose expectations that gush forth from you this week?

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 09:39 pm
@hawkeye10,
I look like a fool?

You believe the shite they've been extruding tonight, but you're no fool?

Of course the Republican convention will employ the same silly techniques, and of course you, and your confreres, will mock them, but some how I am disqualified from mocking the Dems.

We're "the fools" and you are "the enlightened"

Good God, save us from these morons.
Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 09:42 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Figures. As soon as I get off the phone with a conservative and had named Finn as one of the brighter ones to look up I see that Finn has gone on a weird micro-blogging kick that looks nothing like the Finn I was talking about (not for the mocking but for the much less intelligent mocking).
okie

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 09:44 pm
@realjohnboy,
rjb, thanks.

And to nimh and others here, after thinking about this for a while, my honest apologies, not for my opinion, but for peppering the discussion with probably too many remarks.

Even though I don't trust the Clintons very far, it is in fact gratifying to see them make peace, at least outwardly for now, with Obama, and I am in fact happy for your party to see the Clintons defeated.

Now Mr. Obama, show us who you are, and tell us the truth about yourself, your past, and your true politics, take a stand, and tell us what it is, then we will do the voting.
0 Replies

nicole415

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 09:51 pm
@Robert Gentel,
The wingnuts have become completely unhinged. It is fun to watch.

BTW doesn't this Finn character have his own convention blog.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 10:27 pm
@Robert Gentel,
That's because he's been drinking again.

Finn, stop drinking and blogging - it's officially ruining your good name! Laughing

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 10:28 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Just judging the convention, Finn. Not by any stretch, an Obamamaniac. Just FYI. Love to assess what's going on on the screen, behnd the scenes...the Show...
0 Replies

nicole415

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2008 12:56 am
okie wrote:
Now Mr. Obama, show us who you are, and tell us the truth about yourself, your past, and your true politics, take a stand,

He has already done all that. If you would stop watching Fox News and start dealing with reality, you would know that.

Quote:
and tell us what it is, then we will do the voting.

We?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2008 01:25 am
Joe Biden kicked some ass tonight, too. I do hope someone besides us junkies actually watch this stuff.
maporsche

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2008 03:42 am
@maporsche,
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=5660266

Quote:
He will stride out to a raised platform to a podium that can be raised from beneath the floor.

This just sounds like a bad idea.