The 2008 Democrat Convention

nimh

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 04:55 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

You don't like partisan bluster on a political forum, nimh? You need to get over it.

Alternatively I can just start using the Ignore button and vote-down-to-collapse option for those who come here for blustering and posturing, and start reading only those who have something substantive to say about the topic - people like, say, Soz and Freeduck, Thomas, Georgeob1 and Fishin'.

There's those who are interested in politics, and those who are interested in playing politics. Internet forums attract a lot of the latter, for sure. But I like the former. If I want to watch guys puffing their chests and batting facile boasts and putdowns around to show that their dick is bigger than the other guy's, I can watch sports.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 04:55 pm
@realjohnboy,
It's done, whew.

The Hillary supporters who, upon hearing the unanimous consent, pulled off their Hillary shirts to reveal Obama ones, were a nice touch.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 04:58 pm
@nimh,
Aw, relax Nimh. Have a little fun. And let us have a little fun too.

It's not all dry opinions and policy discussions.

Cycloptichorn
Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 05:00 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Ok, so I've now been wrong one time in my life, I'd thought I was wrong but I wasn't.

Quote:
Sen. Hillary Clinton asked to cut the roll call short saying, "With eyes firmly fixed on the future, and in the spirit of unity with the goal of victory, with faith in our party and our country, let's declare together with one voice right here, right now that Barack Obama is our candidate and he will be our president," she said.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/27/dnc.main/index.html

Y'all owe me a buck fifty now.
nimh

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 05:01 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I love the chatter, the chit-chat, the "sitting round the TV together"-type vibe. The sportsfield-type taunts and boasts, not so much.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 05:04 pm
@nimh,
It's just easy to let the other side goad you into moving from one to the other, for many of us here, who have a long history of back-and-forth on these issues.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

okie

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 05:05 pm
@nimh,
Speaking of bluster, nimh, you aren't any slouch at it.

Where is your sense of humor?
Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 05:06 pm
@okie,
Perhaps, but that's not his only stock and store.
0 Replies

nicole415

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 05:06 pm
@nimh,
I have six posters on ignore now and it has made my visits here much more pleasant.

nicole415

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 05:10 pm
@nicole415,
I just put another member on ignore, embedding irrelevant picture and cartoons while an historic event like this is taking place is the act of a disturbed troll.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 05:13 pm

http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080827/NEWS0107/80827047/1075

Mason-Dixon poll finds Obama and McCain tied in FL.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 05:20 pm
is Obama really going to rise above the crowd on a 'flying' platform while accepting the nomination?
maporsche

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 05:21 pm
@nicole415,
nicole415 wrote:

I have six posters on ignore now and it has made my visits here much more pleasant.

Am I one of the lucky 6
0 Replies

okie

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 05:22 pm
@maporsche,
Careful, maporsche, you will be accused of bluster. No alternative opinions allowed here, unless you have something substantive to say.
maporsche

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 05:26 pm
@okie,
I'm just asking. Currently in my carpool listening to john Gibson say this. It sounds really bad, I hope it's not true.

I'd be more substantive, but I'm on the iPhone.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 05:26 pm
@maporsche,
Um, no? Where did you get that idea?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 05:27 pm
@maporsche,
John Gibson, as in Fox News John Gibson?

Do you even have to ask if it's accurate? Lol. C'mon man

Cycloptichorn
maporsche

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 05:35 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
That's him. I could see him spinning something pretty badly but to straight out lie seems to be too bold.
OCCOM BILL

@Robert Gentel,
[Bowing respectfully to the master=OCCOM BILL] Nice call Robert. I'll snatch those beads one of these days.Wink [/Bowing respectfully to the master]
nicole415

@Cycloptichorn,
LOL John Gibson!

Obama is going to enter the stadium with a jetpack!
0 Replies