anti inflamatory medications

Lady J

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 01:45 am
I once was using Vioxx, 50mg per day but it didn't seem to be doing what we wanted so my Dr. switched me to Lodine. I had two co-workers both on Vioxx at the same time I was, both for knee inflammation. One was on 25mg per day and the other 50mg per day. Both had arthriscopic knee surgery perfomed and the one taking the 25mg per day dosage returned to work (still taking his meds) in about 4 weeks time. The other, kept having continuous problems and after 3 months more of being on his 50 mg per day, he died of a heart attack at the age of 48. Two weeks later, I read about the FDA pulling Vioxx off the market because of the increased chance of heart problems/attacks by those taking the 50mg dosage for 18 months or longer. Randy had been taking it for 2 years before he died.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 01:36 pm
Wow.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 02:41 pm
Another victim to corporate greed and the failure of a regulatory agency to regulate--and in a society supposedly basing its political allocations of power on criteria of moral values. Disgusting!
0 Replies