Cycloptichorn is getting married

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2008 10:28 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Congrats......I bet your passion serves you well in marriage. I find that passion is almost always a good thing, and I hope that you do too.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2008 10:59 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Congratulations!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2008 11:26 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
congratulatations!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2008 11:29 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Congratulations Cyclo! Your lady is quite beautiful and you look happy in the pics! I wish you the very best of luck!
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2008 11:44 pm
Mazal tov!
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2008 11:58 pm
Well that's really great news Cyclop. As for the wedding, if you don't plan to have a large entourage to house and feed and entertain with you, opt for a special but small simple, private ceremony in a meaningful place and then blow the money you save on a honeymoon you'll both remember forever.

And dang it you are a whole lot cuter than what I imagined And your lady is lovely.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 12:10 am
@Cycloptichorn,
WOW! Congratulations, Cycloptichorn!

What great pictures! She is lovely, and the two of you look very happy. I'm sure your wedding would be very memorable wherever you choose to have it.

That said, we just returned from Maui 10 days ago. We went there to celebrate our 25th anniversary. Stayed in Kapalua...a gorgeous place. But there are many, many gorgeous places on Maui.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 12:28 am
@Eva,
Fantastic - I will definitely have some questions about the stuff you enjoyed and didn't!

Cheers
Cycloptichorn
Borat Sister

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 01:28 am
Cool!

Go well.

Advice? Elope!!!!!!
msolga

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 03:20 am
Congratulations, Cyclo.
What a fine looking couple you two make! Very Happy
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 03:40 am
Gorgeous! And congratulations!

Two things to start with planning a wedding: date and place. Everything else revolves around those two things, so they need to be set first. Along with those two, you might want to also set a third -- an idea of when (e. g. lunch or brunch versus dinner or whatever). That will set much of the rest of it. Once those things are done, you have the framework for the remainder of the planning, as that will determine things like budget and whether the vendors you need (clergy if you're doing that, catering, DJ, gown shop, whatever) are even available.

Seaglass is in Hawaii. I bet she'd have some ideas re specifically where to go.

Again, congratulations to you and your beautiful future missus. What grand news!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 04:37 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Congratulations.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 05:35 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Too bad you left austin ( you were living here were you not?? Or am I losing my ever loving mind?)

Any-who.. I would have loved to give you some photos for a wedding present.

No matter. You can have them anytime you are here . Just throw a rock at my door and I will come out , camera in hand Smile

Congratulations.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 05:56 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Oh good, I'm glad you started this thread!

ehBeth's photo is POIFECT.

What I said in chat remains my biggest piece of advice -- designate a tabbed wedding binder for organizing. There were just so many things to keep track of and having it all in one place helped enormously.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 06:52 am
Congrats Cyc. I hope you guys the very best!
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 07:39 am
@Cycloptichorn,
I am very happy for you Cyclo! Congratulations! She looks like a lovely young woman and I hope you both have long lasting happiness.

And don't worry about your arguing... I (and probably many of us) understand. Some arguments should be held on to, it's just tough sometimes to decide which ones.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 08:06 am
Congrats to you both, cyclop. She's gahgous and you're a doll.

You've got about a hundred aunties here who will give you all the advice you can handle.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 08:12 am
@Borat Sister,
Borat Sister wrote:
Advice? Elope!!!!!!

Seconded....
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 08:17 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Congratulations! Come over for coffee when you get to Seattle.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 09:43 am
@georgeob1,
george, Give me a call: 4082444538, re: McTags visit next month.
0 Replies