BBB gets the message

Vengoropatubus

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 12:40 pm
@JPB,
When browsing by default settings, yes. I feel quite silly though, now that I've found the sort by date button though.
JPB

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 12:48 pm
@Vengoropatubus,
don't feel silly -- we're all trying to figure it out.
Ramafuchs

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 01:17 pm
@JPB,
Assesing the intellectual faculties of others is the root cause of barbarism which make the life wretched.
Rama fuchs
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 05:33 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
In truth, I think the new A2K utterly stinks, and I am far-far from being technophobic, in fact I'm a technophile if anything.

In truth, I pay precious little attention to the so-called "improvements" and carry on, as best I can, as if it's the old A2K except burdened with a cludgy, ill proportioned, poorly organized, anesthetic interface.
0 Replies

Lambchop

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 07:36 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
(delurks momentarily)

Hi BBB! I've been lurking on A2K for a while, and I think you're one of the nicest posters here.

I think the problem is that no one has explained how to tag topics starting from the first step. (If someone has, then I apologize for repeating this!)

First, click on a thread that interests you. (Be aware that you actually have to be in the thread in order to tag it.)

Then scroll down to the very bottom of the page. You'll see a little box that says, "My Tag Words." It has a white bar in it. The white bar is where you enter your tag words. Most people use two words, separated by a comma.

For instance, you could tag the thread, "Afghanistan, news." Right under the white bar, you will see a green button that says, "Tag Topic." After you enter your tag words, press the green Tag Topic button.

You have now tagged the topic. If you want to find it again, just go to the top of your screen. You'll see a tab that says, "My tags." Click on that, and you will then see a list of your tagged topics. Then you just click on the thread that you want.

I hope that helps you. (Btw, I'm sorry to hear about your dog. But I'm glad you have the cute new puppy!)

(goes back to lurking)

Lambchop

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 10:10 pm
@Lambchop,
Oh, I should add that sometimes the "My Tags" box is on the left side of the page. But on other threads, I've noticed it's at the bottom!
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 09:07 am
@Lambchop,
Lambchop, thanks for your kindness and your information. It helped.

BBB
Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 11:53 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BBB
Are you satisfied now.
Kindly persuse my threads.
Relax
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 11:54 am
@Ramafuchs,
I've read many of your posts and never given any of them the thumbs down.

BBB
Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 12:02 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Take care and keep cool but not cold.
Regards.
Rama
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 03:18 pm
Good heavens folks.

When you pay attention to flouncing they just get worse.
Vengoropatubus

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 05:29 pm
@spendius,
And again Spendi, I feel like only a computer could form English sentences that contain that little meaning.
spendius

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 05:38 pm
@Vengoropatubus,
I understand that Vengo.

I wasn't offering anything other than a fact.

What's your problem with it? Every serious educator knows it is true right back to the Classical world.

It surprises me that you think your remark means anything.

Are you one of those who has to be pleaded with and cajoled yourself?

0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 07:03 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Quote:
I get the message. It seems I'm not welcome on the new A2K, so I will remove my annoyance from your new site.

BBB, I don't want you to go, either....please!

I'm not liking this voting thing as well, but I'm hoping that at some point Craven will at least slightly alter this feature, to make it not so obnoxious. The problem with it is that it is dual purpose.

If people like you leave, what chance is there for someone like myself?
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 09:21 am
@Reyn,
Apparently, my stupid personal whine helped to identify part of the problem. The discussion helped to clarify what will help non-techie people to navigate the new A2K. I glad for that. I, like other non-techies, want to feel welcome on this new site and not feel shut out because we don't understand the techie terminology.

My daughter, Butrflynet, understood my plight and posted her tutorial, which will help people to navigate the new site: http://able2know.org/topic/121336-1

I feel more welcome here, now, and I'm posting like a mad fool. Thanks to everyone for understanding.

BBB
spendius

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 09:45 am
@Vengoropatubus,
There you go Vengo. She called it a "stupid personal whine" herself.

Which is to say that she agreed with me. Your position would never get anybody to take a look at themselves. Your expressed need to be popular holds everybody back and thus enables you to continue patronising them.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 10:08 am
@spendius,
Spendius, I don't need to be popular, I'm too old for that nonsense. But I do hope to be respected. My whine was emotional, not patronising. Looks like you are projecting your own problems and hatred of liberals on me. Look in the mirror.

BBB

spendius

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 10:15 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
You might try looking in a basic reading manual BBB.
0 Replies

Vengoropatubus

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 12:13 pm
@spendius,
Was I the one expressing a need to be popular with numerous thousands of posts?
Ramafuchs

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 03:27 pm
@Vengoropatubus,
No sir.
You can peruse all the threads and make your own assessments about the participants.
But One should be civil enough to expose himsely why he/she wish to a negative point.
In this thread I had this comment which had drawn minus 3
"Assesing the intellectual faculties of others is the root cause of barbarism which make the life wretched.
Rama fuchs