women! Let's get back on track!

kayla

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 07:41 am
When my kids go through a serious break up and they call for help, I tell them that break up blues is like the flu. If feels absolutely horrible, but it will eventually go away. You will get better, just take care of yourself. You have to go through all the stages just like the flu. You have to rest, eat well, drink plenty of water and call me in the morning. When you feel sad over a break up, it means that you actually had an investment in that relationship and that's good for you. It means you had the capacity to care, love and give. Now find out if you have the capacity to heal. Heartbreak gives us a chance to find out how much courage we have to love ourselves. Write down all the good things about yourself. Write down all the things you want to find in yourself. Write down all the things you want in a partner. I went through a terrible break up about 7 years ago. I thought I'd never be happy again. To keep from calling the guy and making a complete idiot of myself, I signed up for golf lessons. Everytime I got desperate, I grabbed my $10 clubs and went to the driving range. I hit a lot of balls that summer and fall. Eventually I got over him and managed a decent golf game in the process. I don't date anymore. I don't have the time. I have lots of good friends and I enjoy my freedom.
0 Replies