New A2K Bugs

old europe

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 04:13 pm
Mkay.

So I'm fairly sure that I was trying to post to this thread, using the "Reply to All" function. Somehow, it seems the post ended up in the "Anything Thread" - over here.

Maybe I'm imagining this, though... I'm fairly sure I was posting to this thread, having gone through some tag-hunting to find the thread... maybe it was just me clicking somewhere else entirely, though...

Anyway, I tried to see where a new post to this thread would end up, posted, and then deleted it. I hit the "Delete" button, and got a message telling me

http://i36.tinypic.com/35cpqhx.gif

Confusing. However, the post seems to have gotten deleted!
OnTheFritz

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 04:14 pm
"trivia word games" displays as "trivia word agmes" sometimes.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 04:15 pm
@old europe,
.... and this one ended up in the right thread. Okay.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 05:00 pm
@old europe,
OE, I posted something twice and clicked delete for one of them, and got that message too as well as the extra post deleted. I'm guessing that is the sign it's deleted.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 05:03 pm
@JPB,
however, there is one thread with 11 negative votes that listed as "below threshold" or something like that with a click to view option even though I have my preferences set at no_collapsing. I haven't logged out and back in... is that required for the changes to take place?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 05:11 pm
@old europe,
I've been seeing the high/low thumbs intermittently. Most recently on the first post of

http://able2know.org/topic/120940-1
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 05:44 pm
I tried to edit my preference to NO for all signature lines, as I find them
very distracting all of a sudden, but I can still see them all.
Is this a current or future feature?
Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 05:45 pm
@CalamityJane,
Looks like a bug. I can confirm the same.
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 05:50 pm
@Craven de Kere,
Ok, no problem. I was just curious if it's me only. As MAC user one gets a
bit paranoid of being left out!
Thomas

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 06:12 pm
Several urls in old-site posts aren't properly converted into URLs. For example, see the one in the middle of this post:

http://able2know.org/topic/101667-1#post-2805958

Edit: on a second look, the "bold" tag isn't executed either; instead it's displayed verbatim.
nimh

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 07:14 pm
Not sure if this is helpful or just annoying, but now that there are separate threads for actual bugs and other annoyances, I'll repost my bug reports about tagging here from the "How to use the new site" thread... next up...
nimh

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 07:17 pm
@nimh,
First one (14 Aug, 2008 01:11 pm GMT +1):

I tried the tagging thing with the Georgia thread. Didnt really work... Here's what's happened:

I tried adding a bunch of tags; it said "tags too long". I thought it may be because two of the tags consisted of two words, so I tried it without those two. They seemed to be added properly. Then I tried adding those two after all, and it added one of them (South Ossetia), but also said "tags removed"; it not just did it not add the second one, it also seems to have taken out some of the first ones, including the ones called "Georgia" and "Abkhazia". I tried adding Georgia again - since it's a rather crucial one in a thread about Georgia ;-) - and it just said, " tags removed", refusing to add it. And it doesn't seem to be possible to remove one of my existing tags so that I can add Georgia back in?

Tips and help much appreciated...

(and I'd suggest, if there's a max number of tags you can add to a thread, to put a small-font notice of that with the tag topic button.)

Second one ( Thu 14 Aug, 2008 02:06 pm GMT +1)

OK, the tagging option seems to be kaputt? I just went to the What Made You Smile Today thread, and ... well, let me try to replicate it now with my FreeCell thread.

In the My Tags box, above "tag topic", I type in: game, freecell, bored. They all get added. There is now no more "tag topic" button under "my tags", but there's an "edit tags" link. I click it, the box and "tag topic" button reappear, and I type in: cards, solitaire. I click the "tag topic" button, and the answer is "Tags removed". But the tags have been changed to: cards, freecell, bored -- meaning that they added "cards", but only by throwing out "game"!

I dont see any logic at work, is it broken?
Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 07:18 pm
@nimh,
The tag validation is not as good as it could be but the real problem is that the confirmation message makes no sense. If any tags are removed or changed it just says "tags removed".

Anywho, it's on our list of top priorities.
nimh

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 07:19 pm
Unrelated: before I just posted, I tried to preview my post first. Something odd happened: while the bold tags obviously work (as you can see from the two bolded lines in my post), in the preview function they dont work. You just see the bold tags and the plain text in between.
nimh

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 07:21 pm
@Craven de Kere,
Craven wrote:
The tag validation is not as good as it could be but the real problem is that the confirmation message makes no sense. If any tags are removed or changed it just says "tags removed".

Oh yes, that would certainly explain part of the confusion.

Doesnt explain though why, when I add extra tags, it seems to randomly add some of them and some of them not -- and more annoyingly, to remove random tags from the ones that were already up.
Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 07:21 pm
@nimh,
I just tried it using your own post and it did work, but the preview feature uses a different font and it's not very obvious.

The preview feature needs a bit of work, as it doesn't replicate our post styling very accurately yet.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 07:22 pm
@Craven de Kere,
Craven de Kere wrote:

Anywho, it's on our list of top priorities.

a-HA!

Well, at least it comes with a cute hamster...
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 07:22 pm
@nimh,
That's part of the validation imperfection. I think there's just a simple brute 5 tag , x characters or combination of both used. You are triggering it but the message is not very clear on what you are hitting.

We will need to address both.
nimh

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 07:25 pm
@sozobe,
Soz wrote:
Nimh said he had a problem with the "ignore" feature. I just tried it and seemed to work fine.

Yep, works for me now too!
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 08:04 pm
The "no_collapsing" option in my preferences doesn't behave as I expect it to. I selected it for both posts and threads, but A2K still collapses posts for me when they fall below a vote of -10.
0 Replies