New A2K Bugs

ossobuco

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 03:19 pm
@ossobuco,
On my marking votes, I'm impatient with it today, after they kept disappearing again this morning, and now I never backtrack after voting, which means I go back to able2know page 1 of topics, no matter where I am on the pages. But, my votes have stuck since doing that, so I'm not worrying about it for now.

It may not be a2k but my woozie Mac. I know I should do some cleanups, and, hey, I've bought a book on that.. (I'd rather tag stuff..)
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 03:23 pm
It may just be my work tube that's sticky... but is anyone else having to refresh revisited pages to see new posts?

Or having trouble collapsing threads and/or posts? I swear I must of whacked the same rainsoft thread 12 times today.
Foxfyre

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 03:30 pm
Attention everybody: To all those who listened to my incessant whining about my avatar problems and offered advice and encouragement I thank you. The same avatar that I see in my profile I now see on the screen. I'm not sure I like it so brace yourselves if I decide I will change it. Smile
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 03:36 pm
@ossobuco,
I did that earlier, and after a brief starting period where it would cut the tags off after a variable 3-5 words or x characters, it was switched to a reliable 10 words. Musta checked it ten different times, sometimes inadvertantly Very Happy -- whenever I added an 11th, nothing would appear.

Now when I just started a new thread, the tags wouldnt go through if I added more than 5; same when I tried editing the tags to add ones. Just hope it's a bug rather than a deliberate decision. Wink
ossobuco

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 03:57 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Quote:
It may just be my work tube that's sticky... but is anyone else having to refresh revisited pages to see new posts?

Or having trouble collapsing threads and/or posts? I swear I must of whacked the same rainsoft thread 12 times today.

Uh, me... I've been whining about it for a few pages..
ossobuco

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 04:04 pm
@nimh,
I'm going to do some household stuff and sporadic posting, then I'll settle down to do my version of a tagathon. (Did you see my question, godknows where I posted it, on existing categories? Oh, I know, it was in the thread on folksonomy.)

In the meantime I'll ask it here, in case you know. If the existing topic is food and drink, and I just use either drink or food in My Tags, will someone clicking Food and Drink see those threads? I like just the one or the other for specificity..

Same thing for Pets and Garden... I'd split them, don't want to lose Pets and Garden clickers.
nimh

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 07:47 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
If the existing topic is food and drink, and I just use either drink or food in My Tags, will someone clicking Food and Drink see those threads?

No, they wont... so I'd guess the best is to tag them "food and drink" and then maybe separately "food" and "drink" as well.. (which makes it a little annoying that you suddenly cant add more than 5 tags anymore..)

There's a couple of those forum names transposed into tags that arent necessarily the most logical tags, like, I dunno, "spirituality and religion" or "trivia and word games", which if you'd start from scratch would make more sense as separate tags... Confused

I guess you could also gamble that, if you add "food and drink", someone else will add them separately, or vice versa.. like, a cumulative rather than comprehensive effort...
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 07:53 pm
@ossobuco,
My bad. I was at work and didn't have time to read back when I posted.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 09:24 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
O'Bill, Smile - my first smiley.

Nimh, don't know if you've seen it yet, but Robert recently addressed this in the folksonomy thread. I'm going to go ahead and separate them.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 09:28 pm
BUG: I am hitting the time and date stamp with the orange underline and this is consistently NOT bringing me to the last post. Changes in the works? Also, still see floating thumbs up/down sometimes.
Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 09:34 pm
@littlek,
Bug, I just made it and we're working to fix it.
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 09:35 pm
@littlek,
I have the same thing (orange underline), and it doesn't jump to the last
post, but I think that's just temporary, as it worked up until now.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 09:35 pm
@Robert Gentel,
I figured you would be. I was wondering if you were trying to address the last post visited thing people miss about the old format.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 09:44 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Fast work!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2008 06:23 am
Hi,

In Firefox, if you want to increase the font size of a webpage, you can click "View" -> "Text Size" -> "Increase" (or just push Ctrl and the + button). Works.

But in Internet Explorer (I'm using v7), the corresponding option doesnt work. If you click "Page" -> "Text size" -> "Larger", the font on a page like Google News increases - but nothing happens on A2K.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2008 07:33 am
@ossobuco,
Have you seen an answer anywhere? Still happening today. I'm buried in "3 word this" and "6 word that" stuff that won't go away.
OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2008 07:45 am
@OCCOM BILL,
Refreshing seemed to help. Confused Is there something to change on this computer that tells it to always check for latest version of the page?
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2008 10:35 am
the new quote feature works great... until you preview the post.
the preview only shows the original quoted post, nothing you've added...
ossobuco

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2008 10:51 am
@OCCOM BILL,
I've refreshed, I'm sure I have, many times. Only thing helping for me is never to back up, but after I vote, I always go to able2know and open the topic page again.
Hmm, Bill, are you using a Mac?
ossobuco

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2008 10:55 am
@ossobuco,
But, wait, I should double check that, O'Bill.