And Here I Thought She Was Just A Rich Whore.....

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 05:53 pm
I don't care much for Madonna sozobe, ya got me there.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 07:54 pm
as Mencken observed, no one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public . . . i'd wager her book will do well . . .
0 Replies

deniZen

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 08:29 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
Characterization of liberal sexuality as whoredom directly conflicts with most mens' desire to see more sexual liberty.

I think Craven has hit the nail right on the head. Perhaps that's why we have such a thing as schizophrenia.

Or to be more concise, I'd like to quote H.L.Mencken:

" Puritanism: the haunting fear that somebody, somewhere, might be having a good time. "
0 Replies

wenchilina

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 08:10 am
deni_Zen wrote:
Perhaps that's why we have such a thing as schizophrenia

I fail to see any connection nor any relevance to a mental illness.

Maybe this is tongue and cheek and it's just too early for my rickety brain to catch on.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 10:01 am
First of all, folks. There is NO such thing as bad publicity for those in the world of entertainment.

Wench (god I love that diminutive) Very Happy , All celebrities have multiple personalities. When it comes to the point that the line becomes gray and fuzzy, that's when we might classify it as mental illness.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 10:24 am
I would agree with Letty. I couldn't give a toss about Madonna really, but I do stick by my definition of her as a "media whore". There is an old definition of 'whore' which is "to worship false and impure gods". I do believe that the fame and media attention she chases these days would qualify.
0 Replies